Deloitte Interview Questions in Illinois | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

263 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fast and pleasant interview. Everything was very well organized and I received feedback extremely fast. The first interview took place on campus and the second was virtual using a Skype-like program.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview, pretty casual with some behavioral questions but mostly just talking
    My interviewer was picking in his ear and seemed really uninterested the whole time. He didn't really say anything positive about Deloitte either. He told me how his job is stressful and that he has to work long, hard hours. Definitely not the experience anyone wants when looking for an internship

Consulting Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Before first round interviews there was a pre night where students were able to meet with current employees. The first round interview was two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Lots of networking leading up to the career fair followed by 2 interviews. The career fair is a must and once you get an interview, you should attend pre-night. At pre-night, you get to meet your interviewers in an informal situation. The first round is followed up by a second round the following day or week.

Interview Questions

• First round was all behavioral. For example they asked questions such as, "name a time you had to lead a team..."   Answer Question

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn which began a phone conversation that went really well. This had me passed to another recruiter who eventually had me speak to an individual that also went really well.

This is where the process totally fell apart: I hadn't heard anything from the second recruiter for weeks and finally when I reached out, was told it went well and that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. So I selected a date to attend one of their interview days and was told that I'd be contacted about traveling to setup flights and hotels.

That email never came. I emailed inquiring when I would receive this information and never got an answer. I called this recruiter and he never called back. 5 emails, 2 phone calls. Zero.

So the day comes where I'm supposed to interviewing and naturally, I'm not there. I get a phone call about the interview and explain the situation and it's rescheduled.

Come the day before the next interview, my flight is cancelled and I contact the recruiters to where we decide that since I'm about a 5.5 hour drive, I could just get a rental and be reimbursed. So far, okay.

So after my 5.5 hour drive goes to 9.5 hours because of the weather that cancelled my flight, I get in and get ready for my next day.

My next day, the first interview was absolutely lovely, engaging, great to speak with and very smart. The second interviewer asked questions that he gave patently wrong answers to. The third interviewer was just rude and kept talking over me.

All in all, I was elated that the process was over.

Interview Questions

• "Given a company with units A and B, and sub-units within each, how can one hide select records in B from A but allow access to certain records?"   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Transactional - it was clear from the first interaction with the recruiter you were part of something bigger than you could change or impact. Partner also felt compelled to tell me he was Jewish - inappropriate on so many levels

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something innovative you did for your last client   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the senior administrative assistant position online. First contact from Deloitte requested that I submit those ghastly Hire Vue videos, without which you will not be considered. A few days later I was contacted for a gang interview, 30 minutes each with four administrative managers at their Chicago office on Wacker. It started out okay, but got more miserable with each person. By the end I couldn't wait for it to be over. Interviewers three and four had very weird, detached attitudes and asked ridiculous questions; they didn't seem to give any thought to preparation. Interviewer no. 4 wore an expression of...well, *disgust* is pretty much the only way to describe it, as she seemed to force herself through her script while wearing an expression like she smelled something bad.

Stick with traditional answers to "greatest strength/weakness" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years" (ugh...really?) type of questions; there is no latitude for honesty or creativity. Memorize the blandest, most middle-of-the-road responses you can find on the Internet and use those ("Golly, in five years I want to the best admin EVER!! Maybe a team leader!! I hope there's cake!!"). My attempts at humor were met with expressions of confusion; don't go there. Long silences; all but the first interviewer (who actually gave me hope it would be a good day) asked me repeatedly why I didn't have any more questions while they glanced between their watch and the door, despite my bringing a list of more than 20 and asking each and every one.

My penultimate interviewer was a man who actually said "Um...give me a minute while I read your resume," and clearly not one of the four had read the writing sample, a professional magazine article, that I had submitted with my resume and application (interviewer no. 3: "Do you have any experience writing?"). Just a terrible experience. I used to have such a high opinion of Deloitte, but those days are over.

I was relieved when I got a standard "thanks but no thanks" e-mail less than 24 hours later, because I was terribly worried about having to work under one of those folks. I can't believe I spent five hours of PTO on that hot mess, wore heels, and wasted four pieces of lovely Crane stationery for thank-you notes (which of course didn't even arrive until after I received their charming rejection).

Who knows? Maybe you'll hit it off with them. But dumb it WAY down. Their sites are set low.

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Standard process. HR phone screen then a Manager phone screen then an in-person interview. My interview was with three upper level managers. Nothing tricky about the questions, more of a conversational based interview.

Real Estate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very simple interview process. One over the phone interview prior to a Super Day (consisted of three interviews back to back to back) in Chicago. Meet and greet the night before the super day. Overall, was very impressed with the company and the benefits that they offer such as Deloitte University.