Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,952 Interview Reviews

7,952 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I completed first round of case and behavioral interview with a data sheet review prior to the case, and then final round was a group case and one individual case. There was a very fast turn around with notifications either the night after the interview or the next day. Really enjoyed all the people I interacted with and the case opportunities

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deliver a difficult message   Answer Question

Audit Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. One with a senior manager and one with a managing director. They were almost all behavioral questions, so not that hard of an interview. Pretty good experience actually.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your brand?   1 Answer

Corporate Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I got the phone interview after applied for a week. It was basically background questions which were based on the resume. It lasted 30 minutes and went pretty well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied through campus applications. The interview was broken into two part, one interview was conversational, and the other was behavioral. The behavioral interview was only three questions and the rest was just conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to consult with one or more other individuals before making an important decision?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very fast and pleasant interview. Everything was very well organized and I received feedback extremely fast. The first interview took place on campus and the second was virtual using a Skype-like program.

Deloitte Advisory Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

interviewed with 2 different professionals at school/university. 1 was more intimidating than the other. one asked more hypothetical questions such as "what would you do if.." the other interviewer wanted to get to know me, my interests, values, and skills

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why deloitte, how would you deal with a team member that wasn't cooperating   Answer Question

Cyber Risk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

This company is unaccommodating for even a first round interview. They contacted me on Monday (5 days before actual interview) to do an on-campus interview. Unfortunately, I'm traveling the whole day and was already scheduled to go onsite for another company. I email them and ask for a reschedule. They INSIST that the interview has to be conducted on that day, and I either have to do a phone interview or video interview. However, if I'm interviewing with another company all day and traveling by bus for the remainder of it, how am I supposed to interview? Am I supposed to conduct an interview on a bus? Don't apply for a company that can't even accommodate for a small request. Even after explaining my situation, they said the decision is up to me. Given that is company is so anal and known for a bad work culture, I don't recommend applying/interviewing for them.

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

2 phone screenings. First is casual, behavioral. Second is behavioral and technical. 3rd round is a super day at their campus. Interviewers were deceptively casual and at times very inarticulate and unprofessional.

Tax Consultant Interview

Interview

Didn't ask for a self-introduction. The first question is how you do researches in your life. Other questions include how do you negotiate with other people. The interviewer was very patient and tried to inspire me when I couldn't think of relevant examples.