Deloitte Audit Intern (Summer) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Audit Intern (Summer) Interview Questions

Audit Intern (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career site. There was a pre-interview dinner a day before the actual interview and I met other interviewees and some deloitte professionals there. I honestly don't think that it's absolutely necessary that you go... I don't think I got much out of it. The actual interview was about 45 minutes, and I interviewed with a recruiting manager. She was nice, but she looked really tired... Most questions were behavioral questions. She didn't ask me much about what was on my resume. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and I still haven't heard back (other interviewees didn't hear back either) I don't know what's taking them so long because for other firms, I heard back within few days after the interview

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when things did not go as you planned and how you handled it (I wasn't prepared, just thought of it at the spot)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application through campus recruiting, was selected for interview. The interview didn't ask many behavioral questions, other than teamwork questions. He asked me more random questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between auditing and accounting?   Answer Question

Summer Intern (Audit) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Process is done mostly via email and recruiter phone calls. Attend the pre-interview diner the night before and seek out your interviewer! This is crucial for success.

Interview Questions

University scheduling in regards to Master's program

Summer Intern - Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through SEO London and managed to get fast tracked to a final round interview. Typical competency questions to be honest.. very much as expected. Asked about time management, experiences where you had no experience and team playing abilities

Asked questions about the recent news in the sector and about the different exams you would have to take in the graduate role.

Interview Questions

• I guess the question about the exams you can take (ACA)
      Went into a fair bit of info but wasnt easy to find.

Also with the current news - there was a big story at the time of the interview so it was easy to talk about... i reckon this would get harder though if theres little things under scrutiny.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

internship - no negotiation

Audit Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I went for a Summer internship interview at Stonecutter Court in mid-November 2012. Deloitte is clearly well set up to conduct interviews and has a whole area apparently dedicated to interview space. I found this to be quite an intimidating place to be. My interviewer was a fairly junior female member of the graduate recruitment team, and was not as intimidating. The questions asked were essentially all competency based, nearly all relying on you providing examples of times when you have demonstrated certain competencies. I felt the interview had gone well; I was not given an internship (perhaps a result of applying relatively late in early October) but was invited to reapply for a Graduate role the next year via their Top Talent stream, which suggests that they did not reject me completely.

Interview Questions

• I was somewhat taken by surprise when they asked for two examples for each competency. I found myself referring to past work experience several different times in different contexts, which may have harmed my chances.   Answer Question

Summer Intern (Audit) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview

Deloitte follows a pretty standard interview set up in comparison to the other big accounting firms. I was interviewing the summer/fall of my senior year of undergrad for a summer position post-graduation and the understanding of working for Deloitte full time after going back school for one year to complete my masters in accounting.

During January of my junior year I applied to one of Deloitte's "leadership conferences" and was invited. Although I was not committed to getting my CPA at that point, going to a conference let me really get to know people in my city's Deloitte office. Despite my hesitation to commit to a CPA, I was invited to interview on campus in September. The campus interview was really relaxed since I had already met everyone at the conference in August. Following the interview on campus, I was invited to office visits in October. Office visits consisted of a presentation given by one of the partners, and two one-on-one interviews. During my interviews I disclosed that I was more interested in working towards my MBA than my CPA, which was likely the reason I did not receive an offer. Everyone that I interviewed with seemed concentrated on getting to know my personality and work ethic. They didn't quiz me on any kind of technical issues. I do think it is important to have a thorough understanding of different services (ERS, etc.) so that you can converse well with everyone you contact.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you failed at something. How did you cope with it? What did you learn?   Answer Question