Deloitte Audit Intern- Dallas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Audit Intern- Dallas Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Audit Intern- Dallas Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2013.

Interview

The interviews were held in the career center on campus. Both interviews were 30 minutes long.

The first interview was with a Audit Manager from Houston, whom I had met at the pre-interview dinner the night before. He asked me some softball questions about my resume, then asked me why I liked Deloitte over the other Big4. I talked about the people I had met from Deloitte, and the commitment to education that the building of Deloitte University impressed upon me. We went slightly over time, so I had to hustle to my next interview.

The second interview was with a Houston Audit partner. He apologized for being unable to make it to the pre-interview dinner. I was again asked "Why Deloitte?", and gave a similar but lengthier answer. He asked me about my current job, and how my customer relations now could help me with client relations in the future. He seemed impressed with my scholastic achievements and the fact that I already possess one degree. (Accounting is my second.)

They got back to me two days later. I did not get a second interview.

They took fewer people than they said they were going to. The extremely outgoing people, who I assumed would move to the second round, did. My interview skills were a little rusty at the time I had this interview, and I was interviewed by people not from the office I would be working at; both factors may have contributed to the negative outcome.

Overall they tried hard to put you at ease, and it was not an extremely stressful process, although I was pretty nervous. (After all, it WAS Big4.)

They have you fill out multiple online applications, increasing in scope and detail, which seems a little excessive.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question