Deloitte Deloitte National Leadership Conference+ Summer Mentorship Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Deloitte National Leadership Conference+ Summer Mentorship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

My biggest advice: Get to know your campus recruiter!!! THEY CAN DO A LOT FOR YOU! If they like you, they can pull some strings for you to make sure you at least get an opportunity to prove yourself!!!!

I was only interested in the DNLC when I applied but they said they were interviewing me for the Summer Mentor Program as well

I had a mock interview with the Deloitte recruiter from the Boston area. He was very kind and the interview started off VERY conversational and only asked me to elaborate on a few things on my resume. Just be talkative and know yourself well. If you know how to talk to people and be friendly, you'll be fine! Then I had a 20 minute 1:1 info session with him as an event at my school (UMass). We talked more. He remembered me and I just tried to show how interested I was in Deloitte (VERY!!!). Then I was invited for a 1st round interview on campus.

I got to the interview half an hour early but since they were late by 1/2 an hour, I was sitting in the waiting room for an hour. I talked to the recruiter and a member of the audit staff he'd brought along. I think because I was there so long they remembered me and I was able to ask a lot of questions and really distinguish myself. I think both of them really liked me. We talked a lot about their experiences at Deloitte.

The interview was very conversational again. We talked about opportunities at Deloitte, things on my resume, where I see myself in the future, etc. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS TO ASK!

I was interviewing for the New York office so my stuff was forwarded to them and within 10 days I got a call from the recruiter saying the New York office would be inviting me for second round interviews.

They flew me out to NY and the second round interview consisted of an office tour, a breakfast with a senior staff in your department (tax for me), 2 30-minute back to back interviews with partners, and 3 20-minute group discussions with random staff telling you about Deloitte. Everyone was very friendly. Second round interviews were just like the first round.

I got a call 2 days after my interview, telling me I was being offered a spot in their Summer Mentor Program.

The Summer Mentor Program is where while you have an internship or day job, you meet with Deloitte a few times a week at night where you are assigned a mentor and you do exercises, team-building things, give presentations, and just learn more about the company. I think you are normally offered an internship at the end if you do okay. Not sure though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why accounting? Why UMass?   1 Answer