Deloitte Profile Hire? Senior Consultant? Manager? Who Knows? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Profile Hire? Senior Consultant? Manager? Who Knows? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

3 person interview, including a case interview. 2 of the interviews spent time talking about my resume and asking the usual questions about your experience.
My recruiter said Deloitte was interveiwng me as a PROFILE HIRE. This means they interview you with no specific position in mind and then based on your skills or whatever they think, then they decide were you are to go.

Interview Questions

• There was none. I prepared for the case interview and it was okay. The case interviewer was not a difficult person to deal with so it might ahve helped, I am not sure. I have not had a case interview in almost forever. I think I might have spent too much time preparing but it was worth it.   Answer Question

I am currently a project manager. Deloitte offered me a senior consultant position. While I understood that consulting firms tend to not bring in mid-level managers for various reasons, the worst part of the deal was that they did not even attempt to bring me in at my current salary or even a few percentage cut. They asked me to take a 20% per cut and would not budge. The recruiter asked me to consider the "big" picture. I am not sure what big picture she had in mind but for someone living in the DC metro area, a high cost of living area, it was not a good picture for me. There was no guarantee that I would make manager in a year and even get back to my current salary level in a year. While Deloitte might have a good reputation in the industry, I am not sure that it requires me to take a hatchet to my livelihood.