Deloitte Assurance Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Communications were slow and labored. Recruiters were nice, and the start of the recruiting process was very familiar with other big 4 processes. However, final round interviews were with employees that were full of themselves. The people are very different from other big 4 firms, and seem to be arrogant.

Interview Questions

Accepted offer from another big 4 firm, that seemed life a better fit.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied Senior audit associate Position on the Company's Website. One weeks later, I received Email from the HR and scheduled an phone interview with her. I received the on-site interview invitation two days after the phone interview. Then I filled out the form for background check purpose on line. The link for the form was provided by Deloitte. The on-site interview included two 1:1 interview. One was with the Pater, another was with the senior audit parter. The interview was 1 hour totally. Not long after my interview, I received an email that i did not get the offer. Overall the interview experience was good and the people in Deloitte are very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Referred by manager. Sent resume to manager, contacted next day for interview at the end of the week. I was contacted the following Monday with an offer. Simple Process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions. Name a time you had failed at a task. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

For this position, it is important to understand that you are a commodity. The interviewers will not be asking technical questions about the most recent accounting standard or what kind of accounting treatment a lease should get. They are interested in finding someone with a positive attitude, a CPA (or a plan to achieve it), and someone that they will enjoy working with (as you will be working with them some very late nights).

Interview Questions

• There really were no curveballs thrown at me. Like any other interview, it is important to be prepared for the question, "why are you interested in us?" and "why are you leaving your current job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed with three of the four big accounting firms. When I decided to go with Deloitte, I asked them to match the highest offer I received, and they did. For this position, there is not much wiggle room, but if you are a hot commodity, they are willing to up your base salary a couple of thousand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

You have to constantly call the recruiting manager and show you are interested all the time. Unless you take the initiative, they will dismiss your resume. You have to do your homework about the company and the position you are applying for; many times the recruiting manager has no idea of the details of the position, and to your advantage, that shows interest.

Since the recruiter knew less than me about the position, it turned out it wasn't for my city. I had to decline because I can't move and it was too far away to commute.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview

Via on-campus interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

I interview through graduate school so the process was atypical.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Interview was conducted over Skype. Friendly interviewers. Questioned my experience in various industries that I have audited and asked me the general behavioral questions. Important to know why you want to apply at Deloitte and why you are willing to relocate.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was well structured and very efficient.

First the screening process nothing you can do,

2nd a online interview the dynamics where strange but easy to navigate

3rd group excersize and partner interview

Interview Questions

• What are your ambitions,?

Why Deloitte?

Why chartered accounting?   1 Answer

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

application form - numerical test - the "E-tray" email case simulation test: it's like a small consulting case test made with multiple choice questions (the hardest part of process in my opinion) - competency interview - partner interview/case presentation

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an important life decision   1 Answer

Negotiation

don't think deloitte are degociable