Deloitte Audit Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.9

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Usually they do a lot of in-campus recruiting. Lately, they started using their online pool of resumes and referrals. Basic usual interview questions with a Senior Manager. If you make a good impression you get interviewed by a Partner. The pressure lies in getting into the best/biggest most prestigious firm. Not really a difficult one.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous experiences
      Strengths/Weaknesses
      What career goals do you have
      Plans on taking the CPA exam   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by the HR team member to setup a date and time for a phone interview regarding my previous work experience. She called at the decided time. She sounded quite friendly and made me conformatable by asking questions like where do I live, do I have a permit to work full time and will I need a sponsership in future. She then asked me to describe myself as a professional followed by what were my roles and responsibilites at the work place. Later, her questions went point to point as per the listed requirments of the postion, like have you before worked with experts in other areas, do you have experience in working in listed sector. The interview lasted for around half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Did you work in the area of IFRS ?   1 Answer

Audit Senior Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. I got a call from the HR and it was more conversational and they collected all the information they needed. I was then invited for a one on one interview at Deloitte office. Met with 2 Partners for 30 minutes each. It was more of a Behavioral interview. Brush through what you did in your previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. What will you do when a team member is non-cooperative and is trying to push all of his/her work to you?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2015.

Interview

- Very informal interview process, not too many technical questions asked.
    - The interview is mostly a meeting to get to know you.
    - Overview of your resume to understand your background/education and relevant work experience. If they see you have worked in audit before, they will ask you some basic audit related questions.
    - Meeting with one recruiter (not all the time, but I had this).
    - Meeting with one assurance manager.
    - Meeting with one assurance partner.

Interview Questions

• - Strengths/weaknesses.
      - Describe a situation that was challenging and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I was an experienced hire from a regional firm. Had two half-hour interviews with Director and Partner, interview consisted of an even mix of questions on experience and job/company details provided.

Interview Questions

• How have you given back to the community?   1 Answer

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Communications were slow and labored. Recruiters were nice, and the start of the recruiting process was very familiar with other big 4 processes. However, final round interviews were with employees that were full of themselves. The people are very different from other big 4 firms, and seem to be arrogant.

Interview Questions

Accepted offer from another big 4 firm, that seemed life a better fit.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through campus career center and was contacted for an interview on campus with one person. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral questions. I was invited to their offices for a second round of interviews. This time I met with 2 partners and 1 director. These were all behavioral questions too.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. If you research behavioral questions and prepare a few situations you can spin multiple ways you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Deloitte recruiter to interview for an audit senior position out of state. This local office had an immediate need for experienced professionals. The firm flew me to their local office where I interviewed with a senior manager and two partners. These discussions consisted largely of my background and previous experience and the nature of the immediate need for experienced professionals.

Interview Questions

• - What is your previous background/experience in public accounting?
      - What is your previous experience with internal controls/SOX work?
      - What is your previous experience with SEC filings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Good process, easy questions and very casual conversational like format. Managers and partners are very friendly and do not try to intimidate the candidates. Usually you go through an interview with a manager/senior manager and if moved on through the process then you go through an interview with a partner. Process is usually 2 weeks long at a minimum and it is led by recruiters within the firm, depending on the form of application.

Interview Questions

• Non-technical questions such as tell me about your self, why do you want to work for Deloitte, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Audit Senior Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Two level process. Begins at university, second one is at the office with two partners. Was pretty laid back, seemed more like a conversation than an interview.
    When you walk in, there are greeters (typically 1-3 years). I would definently talk to them beforehand to get a feel of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a difficult situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question