Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They pressurize you as they look for candidates who can perform under pressure. Case interview was particularly tense. Behavioral interview had normal questions. Around 30 minutes for every interview, same day, back to back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to o for MS directly instead of getting work experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview. Half hour behavioral half hour case study. They call you that night if you move on to next round. Second round is following day with half hour case study. Notify you within two weeks

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interview: 1st round- A 30-minute behavioral interview and a 30-minute business case interview. 2nd round- A 45-minute business case interview. First business case interview was relatively easy, and the behavioral interview was conversational and very relaxed. The 2nd round business case interview required more thinking and analyzation. Be prepared to be wrong at times.

Interview Questions

• What's the newest technology trend that you see growing into something huge in the next 5-10 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you were in a disagreement with your manager and how did you approach this situation.   1 Answer
    • Do you know the agile and waterfall approach?   1 Answer

Federal Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied through university career services, had an on campus interview. 1 day, 3 interviews. 1 case 2 behavioral. Behavioral interviews were pretty simple, and case nearly mirrors what was online.

Interview Questions

• How would you use the SDLC to implement the technology in this case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my on-campus career services. I was selected for a first-round interview on campus. Deloitte put on a case interview workshop the week of the interview which was very helpful, going over what they look for specifically in their interviews and case techniques. First round was two back-to-back 30-minute interviews, one case and one behavioral. The case interview reflects the systems development life cycle, and is somewhat similar to the cases on the Deloitte website. The second round was the day after, and was one 45-minute case interview, which was more difficult than the first round, but similar in topic. I received an offer about 1 week after my second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a superior and how did you approach them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Everything from application deadline to final round interview happened in 2 weeks. The first and final round interviews were a day apart. Very friendly interviewers. In hindsight, coming from a computer science background where I went wrong was that I was speaking too much of the technical side and less of the industry info.

Interview Questions

• Typical SDLC questions, mine were related to the planning phase mainly, how you go about gathering requirements etc.?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Great experience. Interviewed with 2 separate employees, a manager and a senior manager. The case questions were challenging but the interviewers were willing to provide information as I asked clarifying questions. Follow up was also very pleasant with interviewers answering all questions I had about the job, growth opportunities and other details.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project you have worked on and how you dealt with any conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Luis Obispo, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round on campus interview, 30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study. Behavioral focused on team-oriented questions. Make sure to have a few team based situation stories to talk about, and you should be good to go. Just be personable and engage your interviewer (think of it as a conversation as opposed to an interview).

First case study was pretty straight forward. Interviewer was really helpful in guiding the answers. Practice the provided case studies, and a few others, and you should be good to go.

Next day interview (final interview) was a 30 minute case study interview. This interview was significantly harder than the first case study. My interviewer didn't provide a lot of leading questions, and the case as a whole was more difficult. I felt pretty good after it though. Answered 4 out of the 6 questions really well, the other two were up in the air. Again, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of practicing case interviews, from a variety of sources.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Give me an example of a time you worked in a team.
      In that team, how did you convince your teammates that your decision was the right one?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

there are two rounds, first round is about behavior,second round is case interview(concentrated on IT), the behavior interview was ok, however, the IT case was hard, knowing SDLC concept is not enough for me as a industrial engineering major.Two guys I knew who get the second interview offer both studied computer science.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2016.

Interview

it was an on-campus interview. basically, i applied via OCI application and I got an email for first round. 2 interviews -- 1 behavioral, 1 case. Both of them went well, not the best, but definitely good enough. Unfortunately, they didn't call me back for final round. I'm a graduate student and they rejected all the graduate students who were called for first round. Apparently, they only wanted undergrads for this internship. They pretty much wasted our time since we all didn't have a shot with the position. Why do they even bother calling up grad students if they are so focused on undergrads?

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with an ambiguous situation?   Answer Question