Deloitte Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,208 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,208 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus interview. There was a pre night networking event. A lot of alumni and interviewer came. Talked to one of the manager. The conversation went well. But the manager controlled the conversation all the time.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Had one phone screen followed by in person interview at Rosslyn location with 3 employees. Very effective process although the last interviewer was delayed but no one alerted me so was unsure if it was being cancelled or not. Still went well and she was insightful although a bit hurried to finish within 10 minutes.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn which began a phone conversation that went really well. This had me passed to another recruiter who eventually had me speak to an individual that also went really well.

This is where the process totally fell apart: I hadn't heard anything from the second recruiter for weeks and finally when I reached out, was told it went well and that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. So I selected a date to attend one of their interview days and was told that I'd be contacted about traveling to setup flights and hotels.

That email never came. I emailed inquiring when I would receive this information and never got an answer. I called this recruiter and he never called back. 5 emails, 2 phone calls. Zero.

So the day comes where I'm supposed to interviewing and naturally, I'm not there. I get a phone call about the interview and explain the situation and it's rescheduled.

Come the day before the next interview, my flight is cancelled and I contact the recruiters to where we decide that since I'm about a 5.5 hour drive, I could just get a rental and be reimbursed. So far, okay.

So after my 5.5 hour drive goes to 9.5 hours because of the weather that cancelled my flight, I get in and get ready for my next day.

My next day, the first interview was absolutely lovely, engaging, great to speak with and very smart. The second interviewer asked questions that he gave patently wrong answers to. The third interviewer was just rude and kept talking over me.

All in all, I was elated that the process was over.

Interview Questions

• "Given a company with units A and B, and sub-units within each, how can one hide select records in B from A but allow access to certain records?"   1 Answer

Senior Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Amazing people from recruiters to interviewers.

Interview process was smooth and well organized by HR/recruiters who were very friendly, responsive and helpful.

1 round of interviews at office location; 4 interviews; 30 minutes each. Interviewers: very kind; super friendly; comfortable to talk to; great personalities. Interview was very conversational. Behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions on how you handle challenging situations. Technical questions regarding work experience on resume.

Entire process took 1 month. Received verbal/written offer 2+ weeks after interview.

Advice: Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure and conflicting deadlines?   1 Answer
    • Why Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • If I hire you, how do I know you won't leave in 2 years?   1 Answer
    • Salary expectations   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Technical Phone round - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Face to Face 3 round - (Behavioral, Technical, Case Study) - 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Project experience, challenges, difficult client situations etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Overall the campus hire interviews really focus on soft skills. There will be technical questions down the line and a simulation type exercise but I would not overthink it because they really focus on problem solving as opposed to current knowledge bank.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Behavioral Mostly with few Technical questions. Mostly talked about interests and what I had worked on in the past. Nothing too difficult to throw me off. The interviewer was friendly and seemed interested in what I had to say.