Deloitte Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,988 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,988 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Cyber Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2017.

Interview

3 - 30 minute back to back interviews. 2 behavioral, 1 technical (but the technical turned out to be more behavioral). The recruiter called me on a Friday, I got scheduled for an interview the following Thursday, and was extended an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Why Deloitte?; Walk me through your resume; What questions do you have for me (this was very important - the recruiter stressed the need to have questions ready)?   Answer Question

Project Controller Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. The first was a phone interview with HR, the second was a phone interview with a manager, and the third was a three part in-person interview that consisted of a technical component, fit part, and case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think this job is. Why the switch to this? Where do you see yourself in the future?How do you do a pivot table? In case interview-how to optimize cost efficiency.   Answer Question

Audit Readiness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screen. Basic questions about audit experience and security clearance. He set up an onsite interview in Arlington, VA. I met with three individuals and different style interviews. One technical interview with a manager who discussed resume and experience, behavior interview with another manager, and a partner about culture. All pretty low stress.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time of dealing with a difficult person? 2. Provide a time of delivering difficult news. 3. Describe how you handled an ambiguous situation.   Answer Question

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Three part interview:

1. HR phone screen to make sure your salary is in range and that you're articulate and well spoken.

2. Technical phone screen with a specialist leader from your industry. Knowledge sharing and some technical questions based on what job you're applying for.

3. Flown out to Chicago to meet with some of the team. I was expecting a case interview but there wasn't one.

I had positive feedback in my inbox the day the interview ended, as well as other suggestive statements( follow ups ) to my thank you letters, so I was pretty astonished when I was told I didn't get the job, but I was told they had a very competitive pool of candidates. I appreciated them reaching out to at least tell me the result. The entire process took 6 weeks from first contact to the rejection. I heard the firm's decision exactly 2 weeks after my in person interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited for 3 weeks to get initial call, and from then another 4 weeks to get an offer.

1st interview was with HR/recruiting team over the phone to go over background, willingness to travel, why want to move, etc. It lasted about 30 mins. The next day she informed that I would continue to the 2nd round.

2nd round was again over the phone with industry expert who was a senior manager. Lasted about 45 mins to again discuss about experience, area of strength and weakness and what your future plans. It was meant to be a technical round but I found nothing about technical in this session. The next day I was informed that they would send me to their office for 3rd round.

3rd round consisted of 3 back-to-back interview about technical, case interview and consulting fit with manager, senior manager and partner respectively. Even though they labelled each session, the reality was that they could mixed up questions. For example during technical case, I was also grilled on my presentation and "selling" skill. For the case interview, as long as you prepared yourself with the materials provided on their website you should be fine.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and well-organized. As a candidate, you need to be confident of what you are capable of, without being arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
      Experience of each project listed in your resume.
      Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Invitation to second round interview communicated the same day of 1st interview (around 8 pm)
    1st interview: 30 min behavioral + 30 min case
    2nd interview: 90 min group case (discuss how to approach the problem as a group and then each person has an individual assignment. Do final recommendation as a group). After that, two 30 min cases interview with some behavioral.
    Offer announced a week after 2nd round.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Placement Process : Initial profile based shortlist, Group Case Study followed by personal interview.
    Personal interview was focused on process based questions, scenario based questions and also personal traits.

Interview Questions

• Present the case study and making sure the whole group succeds   Answer Question

Healthcare/Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

I gave my resume to a non-HC/LS recruiter who visited my university for a career fair. She forwarded to the HC/LS people and about a week later, I got an emailed stating that I'd been selected for a first round interview. It was 2 back-to-back phone interviews, each 30 min, and an online assessment. I was told the decision would take 2 weeks. I interviewed on a Monday and found out on a Friday that I had moved on to the second round. This was at the Boston office and consisted of a 1 hr presentation from the team, 2 30 min interviews, and a walking tour. I thoroughly enjoyed my interviews and thought they went well. There were a lot of candidates interviewing, most who were MBA, MHA, and MPH students like myself. Given the competition, I was disappointed but not entirely shocked when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your work-life balance in this role?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and then had two subsequent interviews. Each interview was about 30-60 minutes. All interviews tested both behavior and skills required for the position. I would come fully prepared in both areas and well as with questions prepared for each interviewer.