Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

No case interviews. All behavioral questions. first round-phone interviews, second round-on-site interviews. One candidate talks to two interviewers-one PPD, one manager. Other consultants were assisting the whole process. Also provided opportunities to talk to other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with difficult situations in team work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through OCR campus recruitment website at NYU. got called for an on campus interview in about 2 weeks along with 24 students other students. Had 2 back to back 30 min interviews, first one with director and second with senior manager. Both were behavioral interviews. Then I was asked for job location and graduation date by the HR and was told to wait 2 weeks for results.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was two 30-minute interviews. No technical questions or cases. Mostly behavioral questions or why Deloitte, Why consulting types of questions. Make sure you know what to say for both of them. Both of the interviews were very conversational. After the first round of interviews, they would call you in for an in-house interview.

Interview Questions

• Of the skills mentioned in the job description, which skills can you bring?   Answer Question

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the Deloitte careers website. The process took 1.5 months (delayed due to Christmas holidays).
    1st Round with recruiter ---Basic questions experience and some details about the positions.
    Responded within 2 days.

2nd Round : With Senior Manager (Technical Interview) : Technical questions, difficulties faced etc. If you know the subject you need not to worry about it.

Responded within two days and arranged travel to Deloitte office. I am experienced candidate so the case interview was not there as a part of interview. I will suggest you to ask your recruiter every question you have.

Face to face interview :
    1st with partner (45 mins ) : Partner explained the position, requirements, expectations. Asked me what questions you have for me. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise. Very friendly interview. partner even suggested some tourist spot near the area to visit.

2nd with Senior Manager (45 mins) : Senior Manager asked some technical questions. Asked about the project scenario and my approach how you will go about it. technical questions and more questions related to my current job profile and technologies you know.

3rd with Senior manager (45 mins) : Few basic technical questions and explained the details of the job profile. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise.

4th with Partner (20mins) : After introduction his first question was what are your questions for me. Then in discussed my ambitions and what I expect from this job etc. Tell me about your recent experience when you handled a difficult situation and how did you manage.

All interviews involved a lot of discussion. They know the industry trends and they are expert in their fields. I will suggest to say no if you dont know that. Don't try to create answer if you don't know.

All the interview arrangements were done properly.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. Be ready with examples for your achievements, difficulties faced and how you tackled those.

My suggestion will be to google it or scan the Deloitte website and search for white papers/articles written by/contributed by the partners and senior managers who are supposed to take your interviews. They will be happy to hear that you have gone through the articles and ask some questions related to those articles.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

applied through on campus recruiting, was selected for two 30 minute interviews. all behavioral questions, nothing too difficult, interviewers seemed exhausted from full day of interviewing. was selected for 2nd round of interviews, which were two 30 minute interviews again. Basically same as first round. Invited to headquarters at 30 rock for shmoozing, told we would hear within 2 weeks whether there was an offer or not.

ERS Consultants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview had two parts and each took about 20~30 mins. I met with a manager and a director. Manager was focusing on behavioral questions and wanted to understand the way I solve problems. Director focused on the development of the department, he wants to know if I understand what I am expected to perform in the company.

Interview Questions

• how many tennis balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus interview, then I received the invitation of second round interview on the same day. The second round is on-site, including pre-night dinner and office visit. All the interviews are behavior interviews.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Initial email and phone call from recruiter. Casual background salary expectation type of questions were asked. After 2 weeks there was a call from another recruiter and set up a technical interview on the same day. That was questions about subject matter and real situations on the job. That went well. The face to face interview was set after one week and then postponed after 2 weeks. Got email confirmation for the face to face interview. Three people interviewed Partner, Sr Manger and manager. 30 minute each. interview was again asking about myself, real examples about the firm. It went well. Haven't heard back anything yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got this interview through my career resource center at my school.I had 4 rounds of interview which was 2 on campus and 2 onsite. The interviewers were either managers or directors

Interview Questions

• I was asked many standard behavioural questions. For example, from your previous work experience tell me about a time when you showed leadership qualities, have you worked in a team, what are the characteristics of a bad consultant.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Two back to back interviews. The first one was structured with a list of behavioral questions with a manager. The second one was with a director, which was all open floor. Be sure you have enough questions to ask him for half an hour. Unfortunately, he shot down my first question with a simple "No. Easiest question I answered all day. Next". I am assuming he had a long day already. Also, the HR e-mailed me back (finally, after countless messages) addressing me by the wrong name.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, all behavioral questions. Be prepared with many stories.   Answer Question