Deloitte Economics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Economics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

2nd round interview was all behavioral.
    1st round was somewhat of a case interview

Interview Questions

• Asked about all the different kinds of items that can be under the umbrella of transfer pricing   1 Answer

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview

Had a super day with most of the team members. Was long but very welcoming. Contacted the HR for admin works but most of the contact was done with the team folks.

Interview Questions

• Had a brief job related case and a small brain teaser. 60% of the questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was 2 1:1 interview on campus with Deloitte Tax for the Economic Consultant position. Because they were hiring primarily for consultants in the transfer pricing group, you really have to know a lot about transfer pricing before going into the interviews. So my advice to future candidates would be to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is transfer pricing? What are the different TP methods?   Answer Question

Economic Consultant - Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Two Interviews (one behavioral and one technicals); basic questions; but KNOW exactly what Transfer Pricing is

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used quantitative reasoning to prove your point   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Flown in for a full day of interviews with staff, managers, senior managers and partners. It was an exhausting day, but much of it consisted on background information as well as some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Summer Analyst for Economics Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 parts.. group exercise, written case study, case interview and competency interview.
    2 case studies which were quite tough
    case interview was tough too, but the interviewer guided along it.
    Group exercise was a bit daunting. We were asked to come up with a solution to the problem and were made to feel a bit uncomfortable by being asked tough question by the client

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The second stage for the three stages was a phone interview with a member of the economic consulting team which lasted 50 minutes. The first part was competency questions 20 minutes. The second part was a case study which lasted 20 minutes. The final part was questions for the interviewer about the challenges of the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you took an initiative.   Answer Question
    • Case study. The main concept was why governments are implementing the excise tax.   Answer Question

Economics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Assessment center: we had to assess several start up companies and had to decide which one Deloitte should invest in
    Interviews: Questions about the current economic environment
    Final round: interview with partner (general chat)

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on removing negative gearing tax?   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Hiring: first stage was a telephone interview which required me to send some sample writing containing economic concepts before hand. The telephone interview was standard competency and also briefly covered my writing sample.

The first stage was a 1-on-1 interview with a consultant. I was given a small case study and had to write about the underlying problems, using economic thinking and explain what the problems were. This was followed by a competency interview and a case study which I was eased in to. It required to apply basic economic theory on taxation, and so was straightforward. However, i was not told it was a competency interview before hand despite asking, so i felt under prepared.

Deloitte Access Economics Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Online application: a few general and behavioural questions, plus cover letter and resume.
    2. Psychiometric test: 10 logical questions, make the right choice based on a short paragraph of article.
    3. Telephone interview: By a graduate recruiting team member, asking some general questions again.
    4. Assessment Centre.

I got to the phone interview process a week after completing the psychometric assessment, which was completely unexpected. I did not perform well in that interview, and received a rejection email next morning. One of my friends got his invitation to the assessment centre at the end of his phone interview, which made me jealous.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why have you applied to Deloitte Access Economics?
      2. Please tell us a bit more about you Honours year thesis.
      1 Answer