Deloitte Projects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Project Controller Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. The first was a phone interview with HR, the second was a phone interview with a manager, and the third was a three part in-person interview that consisted of a technical component, fit part, and case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think this job is. Why the switch to this? Where do you see yourself in the future?How do you do a pivot table? In case interview-how to optimize cost efficiency.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen then cattle call with hiring managers going from conference room to conference room. Disconnect between interviews an HR. HR described the role, interviewers talked about a role that bore no resemblance to the expectations set up by HR.

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three rounds of interview. very straight forward. very nice and welcoming people. great culture.
    it wasn't like other case studies you see on the website. because it is a project controller practice not project management practice. overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• why Deloitte?
      how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It is just first round interview. It is a phone interview and it went well. Was told I will hear back in a week or so. There should be at least another round and will be on campus.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Camp Hill, PA).

Interview

I arrived for the interview, but had a hard time finding where I was supposed to go (information from my contract company had the incorrect floor). However, once I found reception, the experience was good. (Note: The new building doesn't have this problem.)

My interviewer was very professional and encouraging. I felt comfortable talking with her, and we quickly communicated well.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work aspect makes you happy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Honestly, the interview process itself was fairly simple. After submitting your resume, there is an interview with the recruiter where you talk a little about the role as well as your experience. Second stage of the process is a phone interview with a manager. Again, questions about your experience as well as some general questions. Third stage is in-person interviews.

Here's where Deloitte really dropped the ball. Now it may seem like I'm bitter that I didn't receive an offer but, honestly, I probably would have refused an offer even if I had received one. One of the interviewers (a manager) during my in-person interviews was one of the most unprofessional managers I have ever spoken with. First thing is he was on his computer the entire time. That in itself is ok. When I can count the number of times he looked up from his computer to make eye contact is when it's not ok. It wasn't that he was being rude per se, he was making an obvious statement that he was more important than me and had better things to be doing. To make matters worse, he would ask a question and then interrupt when giving my reply, acting very perplexed to the answer I was giving. This happened on multiple occasions, again a very obvious ploy to make himself seem superior. I could have said the sky was blue and he would have acted like that was the dumbest thing anyone had ever told him.

Bottom line is this: unless you are a recent college graduate stay away from this role. Also, Deloitte if you are reading this, please coach your interviewers on proper interview etiquette. Having an interviewer treat a candidate that poorly is unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a budget and a forecast   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting process. The first round was a back to back phone interview. The manager will ask you things about your excel experience and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe what experience you have with excel   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and at first did not disclose the company, but knew no commute was key. Got interviewed scheduled and had 3 meetings, 2 manager and a director and a tour of the facilities which were quite large. Within a week, they got back to me with an offer which I accepted. I was with them for eight years.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to described projects that I had to work on and the challenges and skills involved in executing the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a first round on campus interview for the project controller position. The first interview was a very straight forward behavioral interview with a large focus on teamwork and conflicts between team members and how I dealt with them. The second interview was more of a technical skills assessment with questions ranging from excel functions and problem solving in excel, to basic finance budgeting and forecasting knowledge. Overall I had a positive experience as both members of the interview team showed interest and seemed to care about what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you created a budget and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2016.

Interview

It took HR over a month to reach out to me after initially applying online, but once the actual interviewing process began, it progressed quickly. The process started off with a basic HR screening which was then followed by a phone call with the hiring manager the same week. The next week, I spoke with a Senior Manager on the team via phone. Both phone calls were very conversational and consisted of very basic questions. The following week, I met with one of the Chief of Staff for an in-person meeting and received an offer the day after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current role?
      Why Deloitte?
      Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about your background experience in...?
      Answer Question