Deloitte Projects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Projects Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Super friendly! Started off with phone interview from recruiter in India about 30 minutes asking basic questions. Then, a 30 minute phone interview with the local recruiter same kind of questions . Step 3 was a phone interview with a project controller that asked more technical questions. Lastly, I went on site for 3 interviews for about 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your Excell skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was pretty straight-forward. Started with a phone-screen, followed by a technical screening. The screening is primarily how familiar you are with Excel. Last interview is a round of three 30-minute interviews (1 on 1) with three separate supervisors (managers or senior managers). Each round serves as a different purpose (behavioral, technical, case study).

Project Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2017.

Interview

I began my interview over the phone with the team in India. It was a 45 min call going over my past experiences and how I will be fit for the position. The Recruiter explained alot and then I was forwarded to the team in US. I was scheduled for a phone screen which lasted 30 mins. After that I was scheduled for a face to face interview with 3 managers at San Jose Deloitte. There were 3 sessions of 45mins each which Included case study and personality questions.
    The total process lasted for about 2 months and I was extended an offer. They also agreed to match what I was getting in my existing position but for a $ for $ comparison it was not worth for me to move to San Jose. They were not willing to negotiate further.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Excel and data manipulation with expamples Infront of you.   Answer Question
    • have you ever let your team down. if so how did you explain and recover through it.   Answer Question

PROJECT DELIVERY SENIOR ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter which went well. Follow up interview was scheduled the next week with two senior managers who met with me one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What three software tools are necessary for you to complete your job?   2 Answers

Project Controller Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. The first was a phone interview with HR, the second was a phone interview with a manager, and the third was a three part in-person interview that consisted of a technical component, fit part, and case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think this job is. Why the switch to this? Where do you see yourself in the future?How do you do a pivot table? In case interview-how to optimize cost efficiency.   2 Answers

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three rounds of interview. very straight forward. very nice and welcoming people. great culture.
    it wasn't like other case studies you see on the website. because it is a project controller practice not project management practice. overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• why Deloitte?
      how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It is just first round interview. It is a phone interview and it went well. Was told I will hear back in a week or so. There should be at least another round and will be on campus.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Camp Hill, PA).

Interview

I arrived for the interview, but had a hard time finding where I was supposed to go (information from my contract company had the incorrect floor). However, once I found reception, the experience was good. (Note: The new building doesn't have this problem.)

My interviewer was very professional and encouraging. I felt comfortable talking with her, and we quickly communicated well.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work aspect makes you happy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Honestly, the interview process itself was fairly simple. After submitting your resume, there is an interview with the recruiter where you talk a little about the role as well as your experience. Second stage of the process is a phone interview with a manager. Again, questions about your experience as well as some general questions. Third stage is in-person interviews.

Here's where Deloitte really dropped the ball. Now it may seem like I'm bitter that I didn't receive an offer but, honestly, I probably would have refused an offer even if I had received one. One of the interviewers (a manager) during my in-person interviews was one of the most unprofessional managers I have ever spoken with. First thing is he was on his computer the entire time. That in itself is ok. When I can count the number of times he looked up from his computer to make eye contact is when it's not ok. It wasn't that he was being rude per se, he was making an obvious statement that he was more important than me and had better things to be doing. To make matters worse, he would ask a question and then interrupt when giving my reply, acting very perplexed to the answer I was giving. This happened on multiple occasions, again a very obvious ploy to make himself seem superior. I could have said the sky was blue and he would have acted like that was the dumbest thing anyone had ever told him.

Bottom line is this: unless you are a recent college graduate stay away from this role. Also, Deloitte if you are reading this, please coach your interviewers on proper interview etiquette. Having an interviewer treat a candidate that poorly is unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a budget and a forecast   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting process. The first round was a back to back phone interview. The manager will ask you things about your excel experience and some behavior questions.