Deloitte Risk Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Risk Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

As a whole, the interviewing process was a great experience. Deloitte made the process organized and with that, things ran smoothly. Talked to some Deloitte employees at my school's career fair. About a week later I received an email from recruiter for two, 30 min phone interviews with two different employees. A week later from that, I made it to the next round for an in office interview for 2 more interviews with upper level managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked in a team atmosphere   2 Answers
    • Describe a personal goal you achieved and how you achieved it   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2017.

Interview

3 - 30 minute back to back interviews. 2 behavioral, 1 technical (but the technical turned out to be more behavioral). The recruiter called me on a Friday, I got scheduled for an interview the following Thursday, and was extended an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Why Deloitte?; Walk me through your resume; What questions do you have for me (this was very important - the recruiter stressed the need to have questions ready)?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant, Federal Risk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2016.

Interview

Edit:
    The next day, I had an interview with another recruiter for Deloitte, also within Cyber Risk. This interview was a complete 180.

This recruiter was as kind as could be, was very enthusiastic, and a pleasure to speak to. He asked all the same questions, but wow, way better this time. I booked an interview on the spot over the phone call. (Needless to say, I never heard back from the recruiter below...)

I cannot say enough good things about this recruiter and phone call.

------
    I just had a phone interview with a recruiter, and my first thought after hanging up was "wow, I'm definitely leaving a review on glassdoor about this."

The recruiter was not friendly, her tone was condescending and unprofessional. I had asked her where she had found my contact information (since I had been referred to a position, but also emailed out my resume to recruiters individually), and her response was "someway or another it got to my desk." Uhh okay.

She asked all the standard questions:
    Why are you looking to leave
    Tell me about your current job and past jobs
    Location preferences

And then it got to the salary part.
    She asked for my current salary. I told her.
    Then she asked for my expectations for my next position, and I gave her a number that was 15% above my current salary, and I explained that for my years of experience and the role I was looking into - that is a fair amount. And it is, I was lowballed for my current position and I didn't realize it.

She wasn't convinced. She replied back with, "I don't know if we can justify a 15% increase to your current pay." Way to admit that Deloitte practices sketchy compensation practices: Paying based on your previous salary, rather than matching fair market value. Excellent.

She said she'd get back to me on whether that salary was in budget. I had to ask her what the role was, she didn't even start with that before the interrogation. She was ready to end the call having told me nothing but location information. I'm wasn't even interested in the role she was talking about.

That phone call left a terrible taste in my mouth for Deloitte. Yeah right Deloitte only hires the best.

Advice to management - hire actually friendly recruiters. More often than not, you need us more than we need you. There's no shortage of consultancy firms in the DC area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

About 2 weeks after applying a recruiter did a phone screening. The first interview consisted of behavioral questions and took about 15 minutes. The second interview took place in New York City and again the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty dealing with someone within a group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was on campus: 2 back to back 30minute interview. Second round was at the office location: An entire day of social events including panels, lunch, 2 interviews with partners, and presentations.

Consultant - Technology Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, each 30 mins long. The interviewers were very friendly and informative. The questions were heavily based on previous experiences and how my education can be related to the position. We also discussed what kind of role I see myself in the future.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you would like to highlight on your resume?   Answer Question

Business Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief interview asking you about yourself. Very short interview for the first round, just 20-30 minutes. Asked something like, tell me some things about you outside of your resume experience. They want to get to know you as a person, see if you're likeable, and see if you're a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies outside of school?/What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in December 2015.

Interview

I had a Skype interview because I was studying abroad, and they worked with me to have my in-person interview when I was back stateside. The in person interview was two parts, first with a manger and then second with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Time when I had to overcome challenges.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round is on-campus;two interviews, all behavioral. I was interviewed by people working in technology department. Before the second round, there was a pre-social in SF where you get to talk to your potential interviewers. Second round is an on-site office visit. Two behavioral interviews. After that, they took us to a nice restaurant for lunch.The second one is through phone. All are behavioral interviews. People are really nice. The experience is very pleasant.

Enterprise Risk Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

One week. Email then phone call . Site interview next week . Senior , manager and partner . If your partner interview is bad then all hope will be lost