Deloitte Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited for 3 weeks to get initial call, and from then another 4 weeks to get an offer.

1st interview was with HR/recruiting team over the phone to go over background, willingness to travel, why want to move, etc. It lasted about 30 mins. The next day she informed that I would continue to the 2nd round.

2nd round was again over the phone with industry expert who was a senior manager. Lasted about 45 mins to again discuss about experience, area of strength and weakness and what your future plans. It was meant to be a technical round but I found nothing about technical in this session. The next day I was informed that they would send me to their office for 3rd round.

3rd round consisted of 3 back-to-back interview about technical, case interview and consulting fit with manager, senior manager and partner respectively. Even though they labelled each session, the reality was that they could mixed up questions. For example during technical case, I was also grilled on my presentation and "selling" skill. For the case interview, as long as you prepared yourself with the materials provided on their website you should be fine.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and well-organized. As a candidate, you need to be confident of what you are capable of, without being arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
      Experience of each project listed in your resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Invitation to second round interview communicated the same day of 1st interview (around 8 pm)
    1st interview: 30 min behavioral + 30 min case
    2nd interview: 90 min group case (discuss how to approach the problem as a group and then each person has an individual assignment. Do final recommendation as a group). After that, two 30 min cases interview with some behavioral.
    Offer announced a week after 2nd round.

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three rounds of interview. very straight forward. very nice and welcoming people. great culture.
    it wasn't like other case studies you see on the website. because it is a project controller practice not project management practice. overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• why Deloitte?
      how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.
      Answer Question

Business Intelligence Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Applied for a position online and alerted the recruiter. Received a phone interview. Call lasted for 30 minutes. Recruiter seemed interested but no sure the company was interested.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary expectations, story about past work experience, language skills, supervisory skills   Answer Question

Senior Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was by an HR rep working with the account team. Simple over the phone conversation asking me about my experiences and background. I was asked to come in for an in person round of interviews. 3 rounds on the same day. First with a manager. This was a case study. Very different and a bit overwhelming but if you have the experience in the field you should be able to nail it. Second round was with a senior manager / Director. Once again interview was focused on the role and the past experience. Third was with a Partner. Asked me a lot about the SDLC cycle and also Agile. At the end of it all if you know what to talk about and have a good background in the field, you should be able to get through it all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's onsite usually on a Friday. You have 3-4 interviews all back to back. They put you up at the Ritz Carlton which was nice. It was an easy walk to office.

It seems very laid back but do not assume you did well. I was astonished when I was told that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They give you about 5 minutes to give a proposal on how you handle an issue that a client is having.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant, Federal Risk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2016.

Interview

Edit:
    The next day, I had an interview with another recruiter for Deloitte, also within Cyber Risk. This interview was a complete 180.

This recruiter was as kind as could be, was very enthusiastic, and a pleasure to speak to. He asked all the same questions, but wow, way better this time. I booked an interview on the spot over the phone call. (Needless to say, I never heard back from the recruiter below...)

I cannot say enough good things about this recruiter and phone call.

------
    I just had a phone interview with a recruiter, and my first thought after hanging up was "wow, I'm definitely leaving a review on glassdoor about this."

The recruiter was not friendly, her tone was condescending and unprofessional. I had asked her where she had found my contact information (since I had been referred to a position, but also emailed out my resume to recruiters individually), and her response was "someway or another it got to my desk." Uhh okay.

She asked all the standard questions:
    Why are you looking to leave
    Tell me about your current job and past jobs
    Location preferences

And then it got to the salary part.
    She asked for my current salary. I told her.
    Then she asked for my expectations for my next position, and I gave her a number that was 15% above my current salary, and I explained that for my years of experience and the role I was looking into - that is a fair amount. And it is, I was lowballed for my current position and I didn't realize it.

She wasn't convinced. She replied back with, "I don't know if we can justify a 15% increase to your current pay." Way to admit that Deloitte practices sketchy compensation practices: Paying based on your previous salary, rather than matching fair market value. Excellent.

She said she'd get back to me on whether that salary was in budget. I had to ask her what the role was, she didn't even start with that before the interrogation. She was ready to end the call having told me nothing but location information. I'm wasn't even interested in the role she was talking about.

That phone call left a terrible taste in my mouth for Deloitte. Yeah right Deloitte only hires the best.

Advice to management - hire actually friendly recruiters. More often than not, you need us more than we need you. There's no shortage of consultancy firms in the DC area.

Workday HCM Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I first applied online and with in the week got a call for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted and was a success. I awaited shortly a week to then get told that I was successfully moved forward to an in person interview. I went and interview first with one person in their office and then was sent to another person in which manages the department in which I interviewed for. I was very excited as they were great and professional.

Weeks went by when I was keeping in touch with the recruiter and he was telling me that the company wanted to make me a offer however he was waiting to hear back from the hiring manager. I waiting weeks in and still awaiting to get the offer that I was told I would get once they organize hiring and training for the Position I applied for. Time went by me following up every 2 weeks to then once a month as I counted I had been waiting for this position 6 months in. I remember another coworker telling me he also went on an in person interview 2 months after mine and then once I got an offer from a different company I was told my coworker got the offer that I was waiting for.

It's a disappointment such a big and professional company and allow for someone to wait almost 8 month after told the manager wants to make an offer and then get nothing. However someone else got it before me and they were going through the same process.

Sad they lost out on a great employee that is highly respected in the business world and a great business performer.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions with qualification questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and at first did not disclose the company, but knew no commute was key. Got interviewed scheduled and had 3 meetings, 2 manager and a director and a tour of the facilities which were quite large. Within a week, they got back to me with an offer which I accepted. I was with them for eight years.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to described projects that I had to work on and the challenges and skills involved in executing the project.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Tampa, FL).

Interview

digital intvw., in person, then phone intvw, 2 mths later another phone intvw, 1 wk later another in person intvw, then no communication. Followed up with recruiter twice, and no response. Initial contact was July 12th. Almost 3 months ago. I think I deserved at least a 'no thank you'.