Deloitte Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

851 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer

Senior Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Amazing people from recruiters to interviewers.

Interview process was smooth and well organized by HR/recruiters who were very friendly, responsive and helpful.

1 round of interviews at office location; 4 interviews; 30 minutes each. Interviewers: very kind; super friendly; comfortable to talk to; great personalities. Interview was very conversational. Behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions on how you handle challenging situations. Technical questions regarding work experience on resume.

Entire process took 1 month. Received verbal/written offer 2+ weeks after interview.

Advice: Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure and conflicting deadlines?   1 Answer
    • Why Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • If I hire you, how do I know you won't leave in 2 years?   1 Answer
    • Salary expectations   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Technical Phone round - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Face to Face 3 round - (Behavioral, Technical, Case Study) - 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Project experience, challenges, difficult client situations etc   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the senior administrative assistant position online. First contact from Deloitte requested that I submit those ghastly Hire Vue videos, without which you will not be considered. A few days later I was contacted for a gang interview, 30 minutes each with four administrative managers at their Chicago office on Wacker. It started out okay, but got more miserable with each person. By the end I couldn't wait for it to be over. Interviewers three and four had very weird, detached attitudes and asked ridiculous questions; they didn't seem to give any thought to preparation. Interviewer no. 4 wore an expression of...well, *disgust* is pretty much the only way to describe it, as she seemed to force herself through her script while wearing an expression like she smelled something bad.

Stick with traditional answers to "greatest strength/weakness" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years" (ugh...really?) type of questions; there is no latitude for honesty or creativity. Memorize the blandest, most middle-of-the-road responses you can find on the Internet and use those ("Golly, in five years I want to the best admin EVER!! Maybe a team leader!! I hope there's cake!!"). My attempts at humor were met with expressions of confusion; don't go there. Long silences; all but the first interviewer (who actually gave me hope it would be a good day) asked me repeatedly why I didn't have any more questions while they glanced between their watch and the door, despite my bringing a list of more than 20 and asking each and every one.

My penultimate interviewer was a man who actually said "Um...give me a minute while I read your resume," and clearly not one of the four had read the writing sample, a professional magazine article, that I had submitted with my resume and application (interviewer no. 3: "Do you have any experience writing?"). Just a terrible experience. I used to have such a high opinion of Deloitte, but those days are over.

I was relieved when I got a standard "thanks but no thanks" e-mail less than 24 hours later, because I was terribly worried about having to work under one of those folks. I can't believe I spent five hours of PTO on that hot mess, wore heels, and wasted four pieces of lovely Crane stationery for thank-you notes (which of course didn't even arrive until after I received their charming rejection).

Who knows? Maybe you'll hit it off with them. But dumb it WAY down. Their sites are set low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process went as described. There was good communication, follow up and responsiveness from the recruitment team. All interviewers were professional, pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to resolve a problem for a client. What was the situation, what action did you take and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 6 interviews total. 3 interviews over the phone and 3 live interviews with Deloitte SME. It was an interesting but not complicated process. I am happy to join the company.

Senior Consultant - Valuation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I first had an initial screening call with the recruiter about background and interests, then scheduled another phone interview with a practitioner. The questions based heavily on my past experiences and I was also asked what makes a good senior. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What kind of valuation projects you did and what were the deal size? Explain.   1 Answer

State Analytics Consultant Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter. Phone interview with a Consulting Manager to discuss skill set and learn about the position. Face-to-face interview with another Consulting Manger which was the case interview.
    Video interview with an Information Specialist which was both a Behavioral and situational interview. Video interview with a Managing Director which was both a Behavioral and situational interview and I was asked what would make me a good fit for Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were assigned a project and faced with ambiguity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although the offer was great, I wasn't able to negotiate. I received the offer letter and then a call from the recruiter almost immediately. I needed time to read and digest the offer (22 pages) and asked if I could respond the next day. I called and emailed the recruiter (the next day) to discuss the offer; however, the recruiter did not respond until 3 days AFTER the offer deadline.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview (general) with an internal recruiter.
    2) Phone interview (general) with a practice area Managing Director.
    3) In-person interview (technical focus) with a Management Consulting Senior Manager.
    4) In-person interview (case study) with a Management Consulting Specialist Leader.
    5) In-person interview (behavioral interview) with a Management Consulting Principal.

Interview Questions

• From the behavioral interview: "Tell me about a time when you had to work through an interpersonal issue with a client senior leader."   Answer Question