Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

3.1

524 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer

Senior Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Amazing people from recruiters to interviewers.

Interview process was smooth and well organized by HR/recruiters who were very friendly, responsive and helpful.

1 round of interviews at office location; 4 interviews; 30 minutes each. Interviewers: very kind; super friendly; comfortable to talk to; great personalities. Interview was very conversational. Behavioral and technical questions. Behavioral questions on how you handle challenging situations. Technical questions regarding work experience on resume.

Entire process took 1 month. Received verbal/written offer 2+ weeks after interview.

Advice: Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure and conflicting deadlines?   1 Answer
    • Why Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • If I hire you, how do I know you won't leave in 2 years?   1 Answer
    • Salary expectations   1 Answer

Accounting & Reporting Transformation - Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with regional recruiter describing position and qualifications. Then I was brought in for a 3-round office interview with a Manager, Senior Manager, and Partner. Typical for the industry. It went well and within 2 days I received a call from the national recruiter saying I would be receiving an offer. She acknowledged it could take "several weeks" for the HR and national approval process to be completed, which was not ideal but I could live with. Weeks went on and all I heard was there were no updates, nothing else the recruiter could tell me, and no clue on timeline. I heard that over the course of 2 months, and 8 weeks later I still do not have an answer. No offer, still hung up in the final approval process, and no indication of when I might find out. Good people in the office I applied to, but huge flaw in the current application process at a national level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to make this transition from audit?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Technical Phone round - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Face to Face 3 round - (Behavioral, Technical, Case Study) - 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Project experience, challenges, difficult client situations etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process went as described. There was good communication, follow up and responsiveness from the recruitment team. All interviewers were professional, pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to resolve a problem for a client. What was the situation, what action did you take and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 6 interviews total. 3 interviews over the phone and 3 live interviews with Deloitte SME. It was an interesting but not complicated process. I am happy to join the company.

Senior Consultant - Valuation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I first had an initial screening call with the recruiter about background and interests, then scheduled another phone interview with a practitioner. The questions based heavily on my past experiences and I was also asked what makes a good senior. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What kind of valuation projects you did and what were the deal size? Explain.   1 Answer

State Analytics Consultant Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter. Phone interview with a Consulting Manager to discuss skill set and learn about the position. Face-to-face interview with another Consulting Manger which was the case interview.
    Video interview with an Information Specialist which was both a Behavioral and situational interview. Video interview with a Managing Director which was both a Behavioral and situational interview and I was asked what would make me a good fit for Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were assigned a project and faced with ambiguity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although the offer was great, I wasn't able to negotiate. I received the offer letter and then a call from the recruiter almost immediately. I needed time to read and digest the offer (22 pages) and asked if I could respond the next day. I called and emailed the recruiter (the next day) to discuss the offer; however, the recruiter did not respond until 3 days AFTER the offer deadline.