Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had a friend refer me. After talking to HR over the phone twice, I came in for an interview. I had 3 interviews - 2 were cases, and 1 was a personality interview. Each was 30 minutes. I got my offer the following day. Because the company is so massive and there was no org chart, I wasn't sure what group I was even in until after I started working there. It was fairly chaotic.

Interview Questions

• They made up a scenario about how a project might involve all the arms of the company (human capital, technology, tax and audit, etc) - trying to get you to "marshal the green dot." They want to know that you can do the work and also help build new business.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Deloitte holds rounds of interviews at specific locations across the country twice a year. Applicants are called in droves to certain locations for interview. Very precise schedule. Mass hiring twice a year.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my plans re: career path   1 Answer

Senior Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Couple of interview process followed from Telephonic, Video and F2F rounds. The filteration mode was quite high as you may be aware they started out with telephonic interview and then moved through two rounds of video conference interview, these round mainly focus on the specialty of your skill and process level. Once you are up to mark they will request you for flyover to deloitee location, you will be put with various interview format right from Case interview, Consulting interview and Focus interview. Trust me they will look on the way of how you handle the current situation and respond back to their question, really enjoyed my time meeting those people they are more friendly and it doesn't sound like interview when the conversation was started and they are like just amazing people.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited for 3 weeks to get initial call, and from then another 4 weeks to get an offer.

1st interview was with HR/recruiting team over the phone to go over background, willingness to travel, why want to move, etc. It lasted about 30 mins. The next day she informed that I would continue to the 2nd round.

2nd round was again over the phone with industry expert who was a senior manager. Lasted about 45 mins to again discuss about experience, area of strength and weakness and what your future plans. It was meant to be a technical round but I found nothing about technical in this session. The next day I was informed that they would send me to their office for 3rd round.

3rd round consisted of 3 back-to-back interview about technical, case interview and consulting fit with manager, senior manager and partner respectively. Even though they labelled each session, the reality was that they could mixed up questions. For example during technical case, I was also grilled on my presentation and "selling" skill. For the case interview, as long as you prepared yourself with the materials provided on their website you should be fine.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and well-organized. As a candidate, you need to be confident of what you are capable of, without being arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
      Experience of each project listed in your resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Invitation to second round interview communicated the same day of 1st interview (around 8 pm)
    1st interview: 30 min behavioral + 30 min case
    2nd interview: 90 min group case (discuss how to approach the problem as a group and then each person has an individual assignment. Do final recommendation as a group). After that, two 30 min cases interview with some behavioral.
    Offer announced a week after 2nd round.

Business Intelligence Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Applied for a position online and alerted the recruiter. Received a phone interview. Call lasted for 30 minutes. Recruiter seemed interested but no sure the company was interested.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary expectations, story about past work experience, language skills, supervisory skills   Answer Question

Senior Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was by an HR rep working with the account team. Simple over the phone conversation asking me about my experiences and background. I was asked to come in for an in person round of interviews. 3 rounds on the same day. First with a manager. This was a case study. Very different and a bit overwhelming but if you have the experience in the field you should be able to nail it. Second round was with a senior manager / Director. Once again interview was focused on the role and the past experience. Third was with a Partner. Asked me a lot about the SDLC cycle and also Agile. At the end of it all if you know what to talk about and have a good background in the field, you should be able to get through it all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's onsite usually on a Friday. You have 3-4 interviews all back to back. They put you up at the Ritz Carlton which was nice. It was an easy walk to office.

It seems very laid back but do not assume you did well. I was astonished when I was told that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They give you about 5 minutes to give a proposal on how you handle an issue that a client is having.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant, Federal Risk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2016.

Interview

Edit:
    The next day, I had an interview with another recruiter for Deloitte, also within Cyber Risk. This interview was a complete 180.

This recruiter was as kind as could be, was very enthusiastic, and a pleasure to speak to. He asked all the same questions, but wow, way better this time. I booked an interview on the spot over the phone call. (Needless to say, I never heard back from the recruiter below...)

I cannot say enough good things about this recruiter and phone call.

------
    I just had a phone interview with a recruiter, and my first thought after hanging up was "wow, I'm definitely leaving a review on glassdoor about this."

The recruiter was not friendly, her tone was condescending and unprofessional. I had asked her where she had found my contact information (since I had been referred to a position, but also emailed out my resume to recruiters individually), and her response was "someway or another it got to my desk." Uhh okay.

She asked all the standard questions:
    Why are you looking to leave
    Tell me about your current job and past jobs
    Location preferences

And then it got to the salary part.
    She asked for my current salary. I told her.
    Then she asked for my expectations for my next position, and I gave her a number that was 15% above my current salary, and I explained that for my years of experience and the role I was looking into - that is a fair amount. And it is, I was lowballed for my current position and I didn't realize it.

She wasn't convinced. She replied back with, "I don't know if we can justify a 15% increase to your current pay." Way to admit that Deloitte practices sketchy compensation practices: Paying based on your previous salary, rather than matching fair market value. Excellent.

She said she'd get back to me on whether that salary was in budget. I had to ask her what the role was, she didn't even start with that before the interrogation. She was ready to end the call having told me nothing but location information. I'm wasn't even interested in the role she was talking about.

That phone call left a terrible taste in my mouth for Deloitte. Yeah right Deloitte only hires the best.

Advice to management - hire actually friendly recruiters. More often than not, you need us more than we need you. There's no shortage of consultancy firms in the DC area.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The recruiter explained that the interview would be a three part interview, including a behavioral interview, a normal interview, and a case study. They sent a practice case study and other interview prep materials. The interview was exactly as described.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used your attention to detail and listening skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question