Deloitte Shared Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Business Solutions Shared Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Application - I applied to a few positions online, they contacted me for this one. The internship program was new and the job description changed on me before the first interview, it was similar but I was just trying to get in the door anyway so I went on. Each of these interviews were a week apart and I had the same contact person from the 1st to the 4th interview.

Round 1 (phone) - The first interview was a review of my resume. She went over the interview process. She said there would be three interviews and this was a review of my skills. Then she reitirated the job description. She basically asked me if the facts of my resume were true. Not really driving interaction. I thought there would be more so when she was done. I started listing other things not on my resume and things to highlight that are directly related to the job description. It worked.

Round 2 (phone) - I interviewed with someone on the team I was working with. She wasn't HR but had a good structure to follow. I was personal with her, because a lot of my friends who worked at Deloitte said that they're looking for people who they get along with after the initial screening. I told personal stories and we connected, I was confident I was going to the next round.

Round 3 (in person) - I was greeted by my corespondents at the door. They brought me up to the room where I was supposed to interview the manager I would be working with. I made a small chit-chat on the elevator. The meeting was very unstructured. It was more of the manager explaining the structure of the organization and a specific example of things I would be doing (working with excel mainly). I thought the interview was a little awkward and it almost felt like I met and I was going to start the next day if I said I liked the fit. Not the case but I got another interview.

Round 4 (phone) - This interview was with one of the national managers. She was extremely professional and asked all of the toughest common HR questions one could ask. I could tell she was very smart. I felt challenged, yet confident that this was a successful company because they have great people at the top. Overall, It did seem like the company was hierarchical but the knowledge increased drastically as I went up the chain of command in interviews. That was good indicator for me that the right people are in the right positions.

I did not get an offer. I guess I was one of the last 3 candidates and someone else had better technical skills, which is their explanation for me not getting a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question
    • In my last interview she didn't ask a question but made a small reference to me leaving the company to join one of the competitors after I would gain experience.   1 Answer