Deloitte Business technology analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business technology analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They pressurize you as they look for candidates who can perform under pressure. Case interview was particularly tense. Behavioral interview had normal questions. Around 30 minutes for every interview, same day, back to back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to o for MS directly instead of getting work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview. Half hour behavioral half hour case study. They call you that night if you move on to next round. Second round is following day with half hour case study. Notify you within two weeks

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had two interviews back to back with two vps; each one took 30 minutes. One was a case that is similar to what they have online. Another one has resume based and common behavioral questions such as describe one time you worked in a team. I was also asked a few questions that are related to technology (What do you think is the next big thing in the future, what is your favorite technology, what is the most innovative app on your phone?)

Interview Questions

• What is the most useful and innovative app on your phone   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was quick and simple. If you haven't networked in the company, the interviews are useless. You need to have spoken to each and every person you can access on LinkedIn to get a good review. Overall the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Q. What does risk mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university. First round of interviews was 1 - 30 min behavioral and 1 - 30 min case. They called me that night and scheduled a second round for the next morning in the office. It was a 45 min case. Received the offer the following Friday.

Interview Questions

• Show me an app on your phone and explain how it works.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interview: 1st round- A 30-minute behavioral interview and a 30-minute business case interview. 2nd round- A 45-minute business case interview. First business case interview was relatively easy, and the behavioral interview was conversational and very relaxed. The 2nd round business case interview required more thinking and analyzation. Be prepared to be wrong at times.

Interview Questions

• What's the newest technology trend that you see growing into something huge in the next 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you were in a disagreement with your manager and how did you approach this situation.   Answer Question
    • Do you know the agile and waterfall approach?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first was a behavioral over the phone and it was like any behavioral, just look up "common behavioral interview questions" and you will find them. Then after that I was told that I made it to the next round. I was scheduled for 2 more interviews and they were supposed to be case interviews. The first case interview was through Hirevue and they told me about a federal agency that had a business problem that needed to be fixed through a technological solution. If you understand the systems development life cycle and how important users and communication are then you should do fine. Also understand the difference between what federal consulting should look like and what commercial consulting should look like. I was supposed to have a second case interview over the phone a few minutes after the first but the interviewer decided to just do another behavioral and that threw me off a bit but we ended up having a nice conversation. I would say focus on having really good questions to ask after the interviews...things to make you stand out and things to really show your interest and knowledge in the area. For case interviews, write down the information they tell you and then look over it, read it back to them, and ask them if you missed anything.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why Federal Consulting?   Answer Question
    • Who will you need to contact in order to gain the information you need for the development of this project? How will you go about contacting them?   Answer Question

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied through university. Before first round a current analyst reached out via email and offered to do a mock phone interview and run through a sample case with you. (Could be a case that's already on the website so don't be afraid to ask for a different case).
    First round was on campus, 1 behavioral interview followed by 1 case interview with different analysts. Got a call that evening saying I made it to the final round. Final round was the next morning, 1 45 minute case interview with a Manager. My interviewer decided to scrap the current case and create a new scenario instead so be prepared for spontaneity. Running through practice cases was very helpful. Finally got a call 2 weeks later saying I didn't get an offer. Overall positive experience, all interviewers were very friendly and engaging in conversation

Interview Questions

• How do you think the profit incentive would differ for the private v. public sector?   1 Answer

Federal Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied through university career services, had an on campus interview. 1 day, 3 interviews. 1 case 2 behavioral. Behavioral interviews were pretty simple, and case nearly mirrors what was online.

Interview Questions

• How would you use the SDLC to implement the technology in this case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds. First round consisted of half hour behavioral and half hour case. Second round was an hour long case with an information dump from a video at the start. One of your interviews will be with a partner. Make sure you go to all the networking events; they keep track of who puts time in. Furthermore, they will have debriefs after each event going over who they liked.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was pretty standard; however, it involved some process knowledge.   1 Answer