Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017
7,956 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Alliance Manager Interview

Interview

Challenging. The Firm is serious about it's people so they look for culture fit in addition to intelligence and experience. I took the business case very seriously and wrote about what I would bring to the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Write a business case on why to hire you   2 Answers

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed on campus. Really like the actual interviewer and the greeters before the interviewer. Thought the interview was an absolute homerun guarantee I would be getting to go in office. Apparently not as I am left wondering if I lost out because I was the first one to go in a busy day of 12 other interviews. Not much more I can do I guess it just feels the later candidates got preferential treatment as I was shaking hands and making friends with all of the representatives by the end of my interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren’t any direct questions really. Left me feeling process was pretty informal.   Answer Question

Forensic Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The job application was a very lengthy process. It consisted of an online job application, a game-based assessment, online tests, first round of interviews and second round interviews. However, I only got up to the first round of interviews in London. The day consisted of a case study and a one to one interview. You have about half an hour to look at the case study and then you have to reported your findings afterwards to your interviewer. Then for the next 30-45 minutes, they'll ask you competency questions based on one example of when you worked in a team.

Workday Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2017.

Interview

I have been contacted initially by multiple Recruiters asking to share my resume for a position and they disappeared for a couple of months. (I don't want to give names but can provide if required). Again after 3 months, another recruiter sent me an email requesting for the resume and he called up to know more about my current job responsibilities. Later, he is also gone and disappeared. I have tried to follow up with these Job providers multiple times but haven't seen any response back not even for at least giving some reason or feedback why they haven't reached out to me all these months. I seriously doubt their dedication and willingness towards their job and feel like not applying for any job hereafter in Deloitte unless this lazy recruiting process is taken away.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Four rounds. Talked to multiple people in each round. Got taken out for coffee by two of the interviewers. Everyone was very nice. Interview process was challenging and competitive but not unpleasant.

Consultant Interview

Interview

was first called for technical inetrview follwed by telephonice, then was asked to appear for a english test, then interview with director and then lastly hr round which took a very long time to ge over, post which they mailed selected but offer came after 1month and like wise d o j, there was delay

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

Bootcamp styled interview process, with 1 individual general interview, 1 individual case interview, 1 business writing test, 1 group case discussion and presentation. Overall process was very rushed where I was informed 2 days before interview date and had to fill and send a form 1 day before interview date. Interview was on a Saturday.

Group Case interview was hard as they gave too little information and yet do not let us make assumptions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me once where you had a setback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Talent acquisition team in New York is a joke. They extended a second round interview and then canceled!!!! and then started ridiculous excuses and telling me they'll get back to me. So unprofessional. Did not have that experience at the other big 3. Shame

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Sherlock Holmes would have struggled to solve this one.

You are given a large amount of incomplete or abstractly related data and then asked quantitative and qualitative questions. As with most case interviews the only 'right' answer is the maths and therefore if you get this wrong you can pretty much guarantee that you won't get passed onto the next stage. Getting the maths right in the time given with the data laid out in that way is the challenge and not the complexity of the problem itself.

The amount of data is overwhelming. When the interviewer takes 15 minutes to find the data you said you wasn't there when you've had 30 minutes to look over 15 slides you know it isn't good. It is either indicative of 1. A poorly prepared interviewer 2. Too much data and complication 3. A combination of the above

Interview Questions

• There were three questions related to M&A in Pharma - Market opportunity of targets, recommendations on what to buy and what to do about the current portfolio of drugs.

I was given a short brief, a slide pack of 15 slides (full disclosure - 5 were title slides, the other 10 were pretty densely populated with data. Not a Word document but not far off in some cases) and 3 questions to answer. It felt less like a test of how you thought and more a test of whether you could find the right piece of information buried in a mass of data under the pressure of time. Although I accept that finding data is an important aspect of consulting it is generally more about asking the right questions to get you there quickly and less about reading over reams of data and picking the right piece.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

I had 4 Interviews -
    1. Screening
    2. Case Study
    3. Partner
    4. HR

The Partner interview was tough but since I was an ex Big 4 I knew what questions to expect and had prepared well.

Interview Questions

• How will you help me grow my business?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Let me get this straight. I applied for the position to work at Deloitte and HR contacted me about a potential interview around 25+ days after sending my application. During this time, I had 2 offers for work available elsewhere. After receiving contact from HR about the interview, I replied instantly. However, I waited around a further 7 days to get a reply back confirming my phone interview despite sending 3 emails asking about the progress of my interview time. The time scheduled for the interview was 8 days following the email confirmation. I decided to prepare for the interview everyday since Deloitte was where I wanted to work. What was puzzling was the email I received 3 days after my phone interview confirmation email telling me the position had been closed/filled. This appeared to be a preset email, and as it was not sent by the same HR employee who told me of my phone interview, I considered this email was sent by mistake and continued my preparation. I scheduled a day off from my current employer to ensure I would be available for the phone interview, but I received no phone call. I decided to send 3 emails to ask what happened and if a rescheduled time could be provided. After the 3rd email, I ended up with a reply instantly telling me that the email I received from another HR employee was confirmation that the interview was cancelled. How was I supposed to know that the email I received was for me when it was not sent by the same HR staff who set the interview up? Because of Deloitte's HR department, I lost the chance to work for Deloitte, as well as losing a day's worth of work through my current employer and two job offers because of the lengthy time (more than 2 weeks) to get me set just for a phone interview that never took place. Thank you Deloitte.