Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

2,319 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Had one phone screen followed by in person interview at Rosslyn location with 3 employees. Very effective process although the last interviewer was delayed but no one alerted me so was unsure if it was being cancelled or not. Still went well and she was insightful although a bit hurried to finish within 10 minutes.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Strictly case interview, very technical. If you practice a lot beforehand, and do well under time pressure, you should be fine. There are several stages to the interview, first you meet with lower level recruiters, and if you make it past - you move on to meeting with the partners.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I got a on campus interview, 60 minutes, 30 minutes behavior and 30 minutes case. The case was pretty easy. And the interviewee asked some resume questions also. The behavior one was most about your opinion for the current popular technology.

Interview Questions

• show me your favorite app? what's your favorite technology? conflict with teammate?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview, interviewer was very nice. Lots of personality. Looking for people who are personable, optimistic, team players. Was not a difficult interview. However, preparation is needed in order to answer any question they may ask you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used your listening skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. The case was almost identical to the ones online. Know basic SDLC (Agile vs Waterfall) and the case should go smoothly. There were two questions that required more creative thinking (brain-teasers)

Consultant - Strategy & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got interview through campus/employee referrals
    First round 2 interviews: case and behavioral with manager level
    Second round 2 interviews: case and behavioral with partner
    Heard back within a week. Overall pretty quick process. Was able to receive my first location preference. Additionally, Tthe recruiter was very helpful throughout the process.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus interview. There was a pre night networking event. A lot of alumni and interviewer came. Talked to one of the manager. The conversation went well. But the manager controlled the conversation all the time.

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn which began a phone conversation that went really well. This had me passed to another recruiter who eventually had me speak to an individual that also went really well.

This is where the process totally fell apart: I hadn't heard anything from the second recruiter for weeks and finally when I reached out, was told it went well and that they wanted to schedule an in person interview. So I selected a date to attend one of their interview days and was told that I'd be contacted about traveling to setup flights and hotels.

That email never came. I emailed inquiring when I would receive this information and never got an answer. I called this recruiter and he never called back. 5 emails, 2 phone calls. Zero.

So the day comes where I'm supposed to interviewing and naturally, I'm not there. I get a phone call about the interview and explain the situation and it's rescheduled.

Come the day before the next interview, my flight is cancelled and I contact the recruiters to where we decide that since I'm about a 5.5 hour drive, I could just get a rental and be reimbursed. So far, okay.

So after my 5.5 hour drive goes to 9.5 hours because of the weather that cancelled my flight, I get in and get ready for my next day.

My next day, the first interview was absolutely lovely, engaging, great to speak with and very smart. The second interviewer asked questions that he gave patently wrong answers to. The third interviewer was just rude and kept talking over me.

All in all, I was elated that the process was over.

Interview Questions

• "Given a company with units A and B, and sub-units within each, how can one hide select records in B from A but allow access to certain records?"   1 Answer