Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.7

210 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the Deloitte careers website. The process took 1.5 months (delayed due to Christmas holidays).
    1st Round with recruiter ---Basic questions experience and some details about the positions.
    Responded within 2 days.

2nd Round : With Senior Manager (Technical Interview) : Technical questions, difficulties faced etc. If you know the subject you need not to worry about it.

Responded within two days and arranged travel to Deloitte office. I am experienced candidate so the case interview was not there as a part of interview. I will suggest you to ask your recruiter every question you have.

Face to face interview :
    1st with partner (45 mins ) : Partner explained the position, requirements, expectations. Asked me what questions you have for me. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise. Very friendly interview. partner even suggested some tourist spot near the area to visit.

2nd with Senior Manager (45 mins) : Senior Manager asked some technical questions. Asked about the project scenario and my approach how you will go about it. technical questions and more questions related to my current job profile and technologies you know.

3rd with Senior manager (45 mins) : Few basic technical questions and explained the details of the job profile. I asked some questions related to his area of expertise.

4th with Partner (20mins) : After introduction his first question was what are your questions for me. Then in discussed my ambitions and what I expect from this job etc. Tell me about your recent experience when you handled a difficult situation and how did you manage.

All interviews involved a lot of discussion. They know the industry trends and they are expert in their fields. I will suggest to say no if you dont know that. Don't try to create answer if you don't know.

All the interview arrangements were done properly.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. Be ready with examples for your achievements, difficulties faced and how you tackled those.

My suggestion will be to google it or scan the Deloitte website and search for white papers/articles written by/contributed by the partners and senior managers who are supposed to take your interviews. They will be happy to hear that you have gone through the articles and ask some questions related to those articles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Total 4 interviews. Two in first round, if you clear these two you will get to interview in the headquarters where you will have 2 more interviews. First round is understanding of your background and experience and second round is on cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel, Tell me about yourself, elevator pitch and client facing behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Four interviews conducted by two partners and two senior managers... They were 30 minute interviews... Over 3 or 4 weeks. First round was on campus, second round was in the San Francisco California office

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

applied through on campus recruiting, was selected for two 30 minute interviews. all behavioral questions, nothing too difficult, interviewers seemed exhausted from full day of interviewing. was selected for 2nd round of interviews, which were two 30 minute interviews again. Basically same as first round. Invited to headquarters at 30 rock for shmoozing, told we would hear within 2 weeks whether there was an offer or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and straightforward. I was interviewed by 3-4 people individually that entered the room to meet me. Each of them was open about their background and experiences with the company. Each person was professional. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

ERS Consultants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview had two parts and each took about 20~30 mins. I met with a manager and a director. Manager was focusing on behavioral questions and wanted to understand the way I solve problems. Director focused on the development of the department, he wants to know if I understand what I am expected to perform in the company.

Interview Questions

• how many tennis balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus interview, then I received the invitation of second round interview on the same day. The second round is on-site, including pre-night dinner and office visit. All the interviews are behavior interviews.

Interview Questions

Interview

5 rounds of Interview took place. Various levels of discussions happened. Starting from HR and going from all layers of management. Overall it was a great experience to go through the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met a manager and through him applied for the internship. The application was done online. A few days later I got a call to set up a phone interview for the next day. It was two 30 minute phone interviews. Both were behavioral based interviews with about half of the time given to me to ask questions. Later that night I received an email inviting me back for in office interviews.

In-office interviews were simple as well. Two more thirty minute interviews that were based around my resume. They went through a slide show and showed us some of the benefits or working at Deloitte and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when something went wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent an offer with the salary included.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Initial email and phone call from recruiter. Casual background salary expectation type of questions were asked. After 2 weeks there was a call from another recruiter and set up a technical interview on the same day. That was questions about subject matter and real situations on the job. That went well. The face to face interview was set after one week and then postponed after 2 weeks. Got email confirmation for the face to face interview. Three people interviewed Partner, Sr Manger and manager. 30 minute each. interview was again asking about myself, real examples about the firm. It went well. Haven't heard back anything yet.