Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,502 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,502 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Both people I interviewed with for the behavioral and case interview were very nice but talked about themselves a lot. I got the feeling that I messed up within the first few minutes of the interview and was immediately written off because of it, with them just talking to fill up the rest of the time.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Honestly, the interview process itself was fairly simple. After submitting your resume, there is an interview with the recruiter where you talk a little about the role as well as your experience. Second stage of the process is a phone interview with a manager. Again, questions about your experience as well as some general questions. Third stage is in-person interviews.

Here's where Deloitte really dropped the ball. Now it may seem like I'm bitter that I didn't receive an offer but, honestly, I probably would have refused an offer even if I had received one. One of the interviewers (a manager) during my in-person interviews was one of the most unprofessional managers I have ever spoken with. First thing is he was on his computer the entire time. That in itself is ok. When I can count the number of times he looked up from his computer to make eye contact is when it's not ok. It wasn't that he was being rude per se, he was making an obvious statement that he was more important than me and had better things to be doing. To make matters worse, he would ask a question and then interrupt when giving my reply, acting very perplexed to the answer I was giving. This happened on multiple occasions, again a very obvious ploy to make himself seem superior. I could have said the sky was blue and he would have acted like that was the dumbest thing anyone had ever told him.

Bottom line is this: unless you are a recent college graduate stay away from this role. Also, Deloitte if you are reading this, please coach your interviewers on proper interview etiquette. Having an interviewer treat a candidate that poorly is unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a budget and a forecast   Answer Question

Consultant - Strategy & Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was fine. Three different face to face with the current staff. Just make sure to prepare for the case study well in advance. Everyone was friendly and not intimidating. The questions they ask range on the position you are applying for. If I could have done it again I would have prepared a bit more for the case study. It wasn't easy, and they are looking for you to ask the right questions and give the right answers. They are looking to literally check all the boxes to make sure you have the correct mind set to perform in that position.

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, called that night to go back the next day for a second round interview. First day was case and behavioral, next was case. People were very nice, easiest interview I had despite not getting an offer. Interviewers were principals and senior management.

Senior Consultant, Federal Risk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2016.

Interview

Edit:
    The next day, I had an interview with another recruiter for Deloitte, also within Cyber Risk. This interview was a complete 180.

This recruiter was as kind as could be, was very enthusiastic, and a pleasure to speak to. He asked all the same questions, but wow, way better this time. I booked an interview on the spot over the phone call. (Needless to say, I never heard back from the recruiter below...)

I cannot say enough good things about this recruiter and phone call.

------
    I just had a phone interview with a recruiter, and my first thought after hanging up was "wow, I'm definitely leaving a review on glassdoor about this."

The recruiter was not friendly, her tone was condescending and unprofessional. I had asked her where she had found my contact information (since I had been referred to a position, but also emailed out my resume to recruiters individually), and her response was "someway or another it got to my desk." Uhh okay.

She asked all the standard questions:
    Why are you looking to leave
    Tell me about your current job and past jobs
    Location preferences

And then it got to the salary part.
    She asked for my current salary. I told her.
    Then she asked for my expectations for my next position, and I gave her a number that was 15% above my current salary, and I explained that for my years of experience and the role I was looking into - that is a fair amount. And it is, I was lowballed for my current position and I didn't realize it.

She wasn't convinced. She replied back with, "I don't know if we can justify a 15% increase to your current pay." Way to admit that Deloitte practices sketchy compensation practices: Paying based on your previous salary, rather than matching fair market value. Excellent.

She said she'd get back to me on whether that salary was in budget. I had to ask her what the role was, she didn't even start with that before the interrogation. She was ready to end the call having told me nothing but location information. I'm wasn't even interested in the role she was talking about.

That phone call left a terrible taste in my mouth for Deloitte. Yeah right Deloitte only hires the best.

Advice to management - hire actually friendly recruiters. More often than not, you need us more than we need you. There's no shortage of consultancy firms in the DC area.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first and fly up to San Jose for the in house interviews. On campus interview was with a tax manager, interview was more of a conversation basis, and went very smoothly. In house interview was with three tax managers/senior managers, they barely asked me any questions, mostly I was asking them questions, so preparing insightful questions to ask the interviewers are crucial.

Solution Developer/Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Springfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews with each interview containing behavioral and case study. These rounds were basic and easy and there was no technical round at all. In behavioral, they just went through my resume and asked questions based on my previous experience. In the case interview, they gave me a hypothetical situation and then they asked few questions based on the case which I had to answer.

Interview Questions

• My past experience and they went through my resume and asked questions based on that.   Answer Question

Insight Studio Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview was a behavioral interview, on-campus at my university. After a week received an email that I had moved on to the next round. Soon received emails for day logistics and transportation details. The Second round interview had a 30-min behavioral interview covering my experience and a 1-hr technical interview covering data science topics, as well as a brief 20-min interview with a partner. Th entire second round was on-site in D.C. I got an email a week later with a decision from the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about a past experience - what were the challenges I faced and things I was proud of. Needed to walk through story in detail.   Answer Question

Advisory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was emailed to schedule two 30 minute phone interviews with two managers. A couple of days after the phone interview, I received a call informing me that I was invited to an on-site interview in Boston. Interview at Boston consisted again of two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Most questions were easy and expected but unfortunately, did not result in an offer. I was a little disappointed with how the interviews were entirely behavioral in nature. Behavioral interviews are biased and may not be the most effective strategy but it is what it is. For what it's worth, the entire process was very organized and the recruiters were always prompt and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why consulting?, Tell me about a time when you worked in a group, Tell me about a time when you were involved in knowledge transfer, Tell me about your favorite professional experience so far   1 Answer

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a behavioral interview on campus, just basic background questions. I then found out I made it to the second round at their headquarters in Orlando. There was a reception the night before the interview where you could meet all the recruiters. The next day was the second interview at their office. There was a technical and another behavioral interview, which both went really well in my opinion. Both had your typical questions. It did take a really long time to hear a decision and unfortunately I was not selected by the interview was pretty painless.