Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

209 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for Tech risk.

Submitted my resume at School. First interview happened at my school with Manger and Director. 1st interview with Manger was more based on your Resume. Questions like how, what and why. Make sure you show some strengths that how would you handle challenging environment and what you can bring to the table. Lots of questions based on Team Work.

After 2 weeks, I was invited for 2nd round. They paid for all the expense. Hotel was super nice.

2nd round was easier than I expected because I spent 40 hours to prepare for an interview just because I was interviewing with the biggest big 4 company and I would recommend you to spend some time to prepare so you don't get surprised by questions.

In the second round , there were two interviews. One was with manager and another with senior manager.

The senior manager was little bit hard because he asked me some questions also based on Finance. Boat manager asked me questions like how would you handle the situation ? How would you work with team? What can you bring to a team? What is some specific qualities or skills you have? You should also know a little bit about internal auditing of information technology.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Started the process through my univerisity. Sent application through the university's career website and received an email requesting an on campus interview the following week. Back to back interview was an hour with each interviewer, both interviewers were partners at the firm. Very nice and supportive people, questions were very standard: "Walk me through your resume" "Tell me about a time you were on a team and what role did you play". An exact week after the on campus interview, I received a call requesting a second interview at the HQ in NYC. Second round was also two interviews with partners that lasted 30 minutes each. Same type of questions as on campus: "Walk me through your resume" "Tell me about a time you worked at a team and it was not working out? what did you do?".
    Overall, it was a pleasant experience to interview at this firm. Great people, great teams, they communicate quickly and let you know the decision in a timely manner

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Apart from the typical answers I've heard before, tell me why consulting for you specifically...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got this interview through my career resource center at my school.I had 4 rounds of interview which was 2 on campus and 2 onsite. The interviewers were either managers or directors

Interview Questions

• I was asked many standard behavioural questions. For example, from your previous work experience tell me about a time when you showed leadership qualities, have you worked in a team, what are the characteristics of a bad consultant.   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Interview

This was one of the most relaxed interviews I've had. I interviewed with a Manager, Senior Manager and Partner back to back for 30 minutes each. All behavioral questions, simply getting to know me as a person and prospective employee. I also got a tour of the office and was taken out for breakfast by two consultants before my interview. Very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Two back to back interviews. The first one was structured with a list of behavioral questions with a manager. The second one was with a director, which was all open floor. Be sure you have enough questions to ask him for half an hour. Unfortunately, he shot down my first question with a simple "No. Easiest question I answered all day. Next". I am assuming he had a long day already. Also, the HR e-mailed me back (finally, after countless messages) addressing me by the wrong name.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, all behavioral questions. Be prepared with many stories.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting and got a notification through the school's career website that I had received and interview.
    The initial interview was at school and consisted of two back-to-back interviews. One was with a partner and the other was with a 3rd year. Both interviews were behavioral and mostly wanted to see if you would be a good fit.
    Second round was in New York and it was the same thing: two back-to-back interviews--both behavioral. Overall it was about chemistry and nothing really technical.

Interview Questions

• The first round partner asked me in several different ways why I wanted to work at Deloitte and by the 5th time I had no more reasons so that was a little unexpected but still not difficult   Answer Question

I had offers that made moving to New York much easier and more worth it than AERS

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked at the company. I had a phone screen to discuss what I was looking for in the job. Went in for a 1:1 in-person interview. Received the offer within the week.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there, what my background was, where I wanted to go with my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and through my campus website. There were two on campus interviews, where they asked basic personality and behavioral questions. After completing that, I completed a personality quiz online. Further, I completed two more thirty minute interviews at the office. Within the same day as my last interview, I received the offer from the Omaha office

Interview Questions

• Q. What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      Q. Have you ever worked with a difficult team member? What did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and organized. I first talked to the recruiter who set up a technical interview over the phone. I heard back within a few hours after the call ended that they wanted to call me in for an interview. They helped me make travel arrangements to fly out for my in-person interview. It consisted of 3 people; 1 senior manager, 1 partner, and 1 director. The interviews were pretty simple and straight forward. The in person interview was just a breakdown of my resume, how I am socially, if I'd fit into Deloitte, and just to get a feel of who I am as a person.

Interview Questions

• They asked me random questions like "how would you sell this stapler?" to try and throw me off and see how I would handle a situation I don't know the answer to if the client asks me something.

Other questions were based off my resume and to give examples of when I demonstrated those skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was an on-campus interview. It's pretty straight forward, typical behavior questions. They may went through every details of your resume. Just be prepared. The second round interview is an on-site interview. There will be two people interview you separately. They will ask three behavior questions each. And they seems to be very interested in what type of software you are using on a daily basis. And SAS is a MUST (as far as I can tell, they used it every day). You will probably heard back from them within a week after each round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you face a great difficulty and how did you over come it.   Answer Question