Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017
7,320 Interview Reviews

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

If your resume gets you in the door, it is now about selling yourself, not your knowledge. I would describe the process as "easy" when compared to interview process at financial firms. They were not trying to trick me or gauge my technical knowledge, but rather get to know me and whether I would be a good fit for the company and the office. The main question we would ask ourselves when interviewing a potential employee is, "would they get along with our team / culture?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deloitte over other Big 4 firms?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

I was hired as a system's analyst, although I majored in mechanical engineering. Overall I went through 3 interviews, two off-site during a college job fair, and a third on-site, in New Jersey.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself 5 years from now.   1 Answer
    • Name a weakness I have.   1 Answer

Advisory Consultant Interview

Interview

Typical interview process. Began with an initial phone screen with a manager, then second step was to held onsite, interviewing with multiple people ranging from manager to partner. Process was fast and responsive, received a call with an offer from the recruiter.

Analytics Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a email regarding shortlist. Followed by video recording interview about basic interests. Two rounds of behavioral interviews by two senior interviewers in the analytics division of deloitte. Both were via phone and lasted for 30 mins each

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Started out with the phone interview with HR and then was told to talk to the M&E leader over the phone & later the two senior managers of the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard or out of the box. All basic questions   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Virtual interview - Takes about 30 mins. I think they rushed my interview because they didnt even make me feel comfortable and rushed directly to interview questions. Overall it was an ok interview but i felt they already had chosen some candidates for the job so they werent that interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that you had disagreement with your partner or group   Answer Question

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through WayUp. I heard back within a month and scheduled my first interview (over video conference) to do the first case interview. I heard back two days later with the second round information. The second round was a behavioral interview with a partner and that was over video conference as well. Basic behavioral questions to gauge your experience. The second round also included a 30 min case interview again. The case interviews were steps of SDLC and how they could be used in a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure PII was not lost in the transfer of information from one database to another?   Answer Question
    • How would you gather requirements for the specific case?   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2017.

Interview

I began my interview over the phone with the team in India. It was a 45 min call going over my past experiences and how I will be fit for the position. The Recruiter explained alot and then I was forwarded to the team in US. I was scheduled for a phone screen which lasted 30 mins. After that I was scheduled for a face to face interview with 3 managers at San Jose Deloitte. There were 3 sessions of 45mins each which Included case study and personality questions.
    The total process lasted for about 2 months and I was extended an offer. They also agreed to match what I was getting in my existing position but for a $ for $ comparison it was not worth for me to move to San Jose. They were not willing to negotiate further.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Excel and data manipulation with expamples Infront of you.   Answer Question
    • have you ever let your team down. if so how did you explain and recover through it.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center. First, there was a pre-interview dinner that included a partner, senior manager, and a few staff. I sat next to the partner and he was friendly and shared his background with us. The next day was the on-campus interview portion. We interviewed with two separate partners, 30 minutes each. The first interviewer was the partner that I sat next to at the dinner. It felt more like a formal interview, with formal interview questions. Not exactly what I had expected and it was not what I had experienced before with other firms. He also mentioned to me a few times that if I didn't get called back, that I should re-apply the following year. (that didn't make me too confident about my chances). The second interview was a lot more casual. A few weeks later, I received an email that said I had been accepted to visit the office. The office visit was a two day event. They booked us a hotel room downtown. When I arrived to the hotel, I was greeted by the recruiting coordinator and the recruiting partner. On the spot, they offered me an internship. (everyone invited to the office visit got an offer as they arrived). The first day, they took us to a brewery and got to meet a bunch of staff. Everyone from associates to partners were absolutely great people! The second day, they shuttled us to the office where there was an information session, a team building activity, office tour, and lunch with a few staff members. My overall my experience was absolutely great! I accepted the offer and can't wait to intern with Deloitte!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose accounting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you were in a leadership position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were in a pressure situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a video case interview. The interviewer was very friendly and tried to guide me throughout the process. About a couple a weeks later I heard back and was invited to the New York Office for final round of interviews. 2 round : one case and one behavioral. Overall, even though the process was fairly long, it was very smooth and the recruiters were good in communication. I got an offer a couple of weeks later.