Deloitte Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7,094 Interview Reviews

7,094 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Pioneer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lincoln, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter and another staff member were waiting with applicants and pre interviewing before each applicant went in to interview with a member of the audit or tax staff in a separate room. The interview was relatively short, only about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working on a team?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time where there has been a conflict in a team and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After spending 30 minutes on the website simply trying to use their archaic application software, I withdrew my application. If a consulting firm this size can't even use modern and slick methods to recruit, I'm not interested. What a joke. Remind me never to use their services when I move into my next leadership role.

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Stamford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school and was selected for a 30 minute on-campus interview with a partner from the firm. It was very relaxed and consisted of just getting to know each other. The second half was open for questions to ask about the firm. About 2 weeks later I was asked to participate in the second round of interviews which were online over webcams. Two 30 minute interviews, one with a partner and one with a senior manager. These were the same format as the first. The next day I was notified that I was invited to the conference.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was unnecessarily lengthy and partly unprofessional. I was contacted by an experienced hire in their human capital - talent and transformation practice, and the initial phone screening went well. I was then scheduled a few weeks later for a technical interview with a senior manager. At the said interview time, the interviewer did not show up. About 20 minutes later, I contacted the recruiter and scheduler and they apologized stating the interviewer was on a client engagement and could not make it. That she could not alert the recruiter or scheduler (even 10 mins before the interview) to let them know she was tied up, yet could let them know she was unavailable when they reached her after I contacted them asking where she was, to me was unprofessional and a waste of my time.
    After going back and forth with the scheduler, I was finally rescheduled with another manager for the technical phone interview, which went well. Shortly thereafter I was invited to an in-office "interview day" held on specific Fridays of the month. Here's where another bottleneck occurred as scheduling the interview date was held up for months due to "business priorities". The recruiter indicated she had to get approval to schedule me though I was invited, however, she had not secured that approval due to several reasons including the priority of Fall recruiting of MBAs. This delay lasted a full 3-4 months. At some point early this year the recruiter and I were in touch again and she was open to scheduling me in the Feb-March timeframe to which I agreed. I was told the "level" at which I would be brought in if I was offered the job would only be determined after the final in-office interview. As an experienced hire with more than 10 years of experience, I was targeting a manager position.
    The interview day came and I thought I did pretty well, although I noticed one of the interviewers (manager level) kept asking me questions about a business I founded and was running. I clearly stated I would not be involved if I transitioned to FT employment with Deloitte but she pressed on it pretty hard anyway. Early the following week, the recruiter called to tell me they would not be offering me the job due to lack of depth in human capital specific experience. What surprised me was the fact that based on my resume, they could have made this assessment even before the technical interview but it was never a problem as I sailed through the interview process. To me, it was a royal waste of my time to have to go through such a lengthy and poorly managed process just to tell me that as the reason to not offer the job. Ironically, I later found out they were considering me for the senior consultant role as opposed to the manager role I wanted. I doubt I would have taken a sr consultant offer anyway, as it was not worth giving up my current employment and business to take on all that travel and hectic lifestyle.
    On the positive side, once they finally scheduled me for the interview this year, a consultant was assigned to assist with any questions and preparations and that individual was helpful. The recruiter was also professional and responsive, though she seemed to have her hands tied throughout most of the process until the end when approval was granted to move forward.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First, HR screening. Then a phone call with a manager. I thought since it was a phone interview it would be behavioral, but he actually asked me a few technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and supportive, made me feel comfortable. In three business days HR called me informing that I was selected for the final round. The final round consisted of 2 30-minute video interviews. One with a senior manager, another with a director. The first one was very technical (questions are listed below), the second one was behavioral (just went over my resume and talked about classes I was taking). 2 days later I got a call from the director saying that I was selected for the National Leadership Conference. Overall the experience was great. The recruiter was very responsive and walked me through the whole process.
    I hope my review helps you to prepare! Good luck!

NLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via college website. Submitted transcript, resume, and CL to recruiter where I was invited to an interview. Interview is behavioral based and just want to see if you fit in with the firm.

PROJECT DELIVERY SENIOR ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter which went well. Follow up interview was scheduled the next week with two senior managers who met with me one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What three software tools are necessary for you to complete your job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2017.

Interview

First round was with a recruiter at my university. Basic behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. About 3 weeks later I was invited to second rounds at the office I was interested in for back to back interviews with two partners. The first partner didn't really ask any questions, just asked me what questions I had, so make sure you have a lot! The second interview was a lot of behavioral questions, some more difficult than average (about leadership, some questions about my thoughts on the accounting industry, about seeking out help, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to seek out help/advice from someone senior to you?
      What are your biggest weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Tax/Summer Leadeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Oxford, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied online through my university's employment site. Then I was accepted for a first round, on campus interviews. Then I was accepted for second round interviews and I was called the day after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you were in a leadership position and you had to relay information that was not what the other party wanted to hear? If so, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Envision Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two, 30 minute HireVue virtual interviews. Interviewers were very casual in their questions. I felt like it was more of a conversation, than an interview. I was asked about how I work on a team, where I want to take my future, and why I want to do tax. I had the opportunity to share what I knew about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do tax?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had to coach a peer. What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

See What Deloitte Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA

Pros: “- You learn a ton in a short period of time - Many benefits to working at a huge firm. It's not like a start up where you get free lunch everyday, but I would say you get a nice lunch...”“- You learn a ton in a short period of time - Many benefits to working at a huge firm. It's not like a start up where you get free lunch everyday, but I would say you get a nice lunch at least once a week. During busy season all dinners are paid for and sometimes lunch for the whole week as well. - You get to work with really smart people that have a lot to offer in terms of knowledge and experience. - Depending on how proactive you are, you can work on a variety of different clients from large SEC clients to small private clients. - The opportunity for advancement is there. As long as you're doing a good job, you will systematically keep moving up. There are also opportunities outside of audit which you can pursue. One thing to note about opportunities outside of audit is that they make it seem like it's an easy switch, but it's not. It's actually very difficult. It can be done but you have to be highly rated and the timing has to be right.” – Full Review