Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

ERS - Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviews were very similar to others - behavioral interviews with a couple of different people face to face. Then a phone interview with our would-be Partner. They more care about how you work with other people since that is the majority of the work.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Pleasant experience very relaxed but you must be prepared to make a good impression. Back to back 3 parts interview. Nothing too hard and I don't feel like being put on the spots. Really know why you want to work for Deloitte and what your skills are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult situation and how you handled it at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate and see the flexibilities.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was a campus interview. The first round was resume shortlisting. This was followed by group discussion. This was followed by two rounds of interviews with the directors.Mostly behavourial. Was not very difficult

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

1. Submitted resume and cover letter through university's online portal
    2. Contacted for on campus interview
    3. On the interview day chatted with the Deloitte greeters before the actual interview
    4. I had a 30 minute interview with one person
    5. I was called and invited to 2nd round interviews in the office
    6. Had a dinner with about 3 other applicants and 2 deloitte employees the night before the second round interview
    6. In the office, had 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, but also had a networking lunch in between my interviews
    7. called and offered the position

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you completely failed something? what was the outcome? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was non-negotiable, and they would not let me extend my offer either

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduling process was a little difficult (to be expected I suppose). Things went smoothly once I finally got on-site. Behavioral and technical interviews just like you would expect. There was 1 case, which was not math heavy. You need to understand Deloitte's business, how they deliver value to the client, and how they generate revenue for the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about regulations in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I received the interview through an on campus career fair and received a phone call from the partner with the offer around two hours after the last interview. The actual interviewing stage consisted 5 interviews over two days, all of which were fairly easy behavioral questions. In each of my interviews we blew through the typical behavioral questions and ended up just having casual conversation until they called time. Really, it felt that they were less interested in what you know and more about how you interacted with those you're unacquainted with, however, that may have been just because I came from a non-target major and had no knowledge of accounting or finance.

Interview Questions

• All were fairly easy. I suppose the 'Tell us about a time when..' questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were effective despite being told otherwise by, well, everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was held in Texas and I was interviewed at a local office there. 3 P/P/D's ( Principal, Partner,Director) interviewed me along with a senior manager and a manager in different ways.
    I had a mock scenario for an hour which by far I thought was the best part as it made me practically apply my knowledge to a potential real life client facing situation and how I would address it. Overall it was the best interview process I was ever a par of.

Interview Questions

• Q. Mock situation in front of a client and one of the interviewers was the client and another was my partner and we worked through a client facing meeting for over an hour addressing the clients questions, needs and potential solutions from our end.   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question

See What Deloitte Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA

Pros: “- You learn a ton in a short period of time - Many benefits to working at a huge firm. It's not like a start up where you get free lunch everyday, but I would say you get a nice lunch...”“- You learn a ton in a short period of time - Many benefits to working at a huge firm. It's not like a start up where you get free lunch everyday, but I would say you get a nice lunch at least once a week. During busy season all dinners are paid for and sometimes lunch for the whole week as well. - You get to work with really smart people that have a lot to offer in terms of knowledge and experience. - Depending on how proactive you are, you can work on a variety of different clients from large SEC clients to small private clients. - The opportunity for advancement is there. As long as you're doing a good job, you will systematically keep moving up. There are also opportunities outside of audit which you can pursue. One thing to note about opportunities outside of audit is that they make it seem like it's an easy switch, but it's not. It's actually very difficult. It can be done but you have to be highly rated and the timing has to be right.” – Full Review