Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Sonya Yeonas, a Recruiting Specialist. She found me on Indeed.com. I had an interview with a senior software developer and one with a project manager and was told that both interviewers gave very good reviews of me and was told my final interviews would be with a program manager and a principle. I scheduled the time and then a half hour later Sonya calls and says that they decided to hire internally. I wonder if others have had similar experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was confusion in my interview process from the beginning. There was a posted position that was more of a staff aug role, and another position for a Senior Consultant that I was actually interested in. For some reason, recruiting keep mixing them up. The result being, my interview process lasted 7 weeks, and I interviewed with approximately six different people over that time. Each connection ended with a promise of someone getting back to me, but that never happened. I always initiated contact after not hearing back from anyone after a week. In my opinion, this was extremely unprofessional. I almost quit the process in frustration during week six when I was told to expect an offer in a couple of days, only to be informed days later that I needed to have yet another interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically any of the interview questions. From what I remember questions revolved more around my previous job and role, and where I saw myself in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Series of phone screens and interviews followed by in-person interviews and case studies. Their Talent team was extremely helpful and anticipatory of my needs throughout the process. Very impressive and professional and a great experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Application
    I was referred. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte on May 29 at McLean, VA office.
    Interview
    I currently work in the public sector on salesforce.com platform. I got a call in a week form the HR about the interview result.
    Three Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte.
    Three Face to Face Rounds:
    1. Consulting Round
    2. Technical Round
    3. Personality Assessment

Salary
    Offer made was decent and expected based on the city the position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions based on a business problem on Salesforce platform.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2015.

Interview

The HR screening went well and the woman I spoke with was a delight. It was standard questions and nothing stuck out as odd, except that she kept warning me about the hiring manager being hard to please and picky and having gone through many candidates. I didn't think much of it at the time, but she was in no way wrong! I had a phone interview with the hiring manager that went well, which was followed up by some test work. It took a good 6+ hours of my time and he was ultimately disappointed. Since he thought the phone interview went so well, he let me redo the work with further details on what expectations were. Another 6+ hours of work received an awkward note that he was again disappointed and included a running train of thought as to why he shouldn't hire me. Not surprisingly, I wasn't offered the position, though by that point I knew it was a mismatch for all involved and was not disappointed..

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions - why do you want this position, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard from what I understand. I met with a manager, senior manager and partner. We reviewed my resume, talked about work culture, expectations, and my career goals. Everyone was warm and very honest. I also loved that everyone spoke so highly of the firm. They really love the company and believe in the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled juggling multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process was really positive. Everyone was professional, efficient and friendly. I met with three people (a manager, senior manager and partner) for thirty minutes each. One interview was a case study, one was behavioral and the final was a culture-fit assessment--basically, will I fit in?

I had never done a case study before, so I focused most of my preparation on that interview. I applied for their federal sector, which is a bit different than their other sectors. The case study really focuses on your logic and whether you know how to ask the right questions. Deloitte loves the "people, process and technology" framework, so make sure to focus on that.

Interview Questions

• They phrased it differently, but they asked for two strengths and two weaknesses. I had only prepared one of each!   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

So glad you had a positive experience! What you described in terms of the variety of different types of interviews is consistent with our interview process for Consulting. If you haven't done a ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through a job portal. my profile is .net
    The lady who took my interview didn't even introduce her to me .
    It looked like she wasn't even interested in taking my interview.
    She was not sure of what questions to ask and asked some random questions.
    I gave all the right answers(i checked later too) but she was not convinced with any of my answer.I guess she didn't even deserve to be on the interview panel. She also questioned me about my lack of skills being a 6 years experience guy.(if you dont want to take interview it's fine, but dont judge anyone)
    This is one interview that i would like to forget.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for a position in the ITRM practice. The process took 1 week. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. Then shortly after then they brought me in for in person interviews in one day.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the salary and they accepted my counter offer. Always negotiate.

Senior Consultant Or Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Deloitte recruiter on LinkedIn. I had a 30 minute conversation with her and she sent me some follow up documentation on Deloitte. I responded saying that I was interested and she asked me to send her my resume so we could have another 30 minute interview to get the official process started. The conversation went really well and she set up another call with another HR person. I had a third 30 minute conversation with this new HR person and that went really well. The next step was my technical screen. My technical screen was with a senior manager and that went well so they scheduled my on site in person interview. The day of the in person interview I arrived 40 minutes early and they started the interview early as soon as I got there. I met with a master special in person for 30 minutes. Afterwards I had a 30 phone conversation with the Business Intelligence practice lead. After the phone conversation, I had another 30 minute in person interview with a director. After that conversation, I had my 4th in person interview with another master specialist. We wrapped up the interview right before 12pm noon. In your interview, be confident and answer all of their questions with examples from your work experience. I was not asked 1 question on any of the case studies in the prep link tool. They were interested in my knowledge of the software development life cycle, my experience managing teams, architecting business intelligence solutions and project plans and how I would mitigate risk on a project. Everyone was extremely friendly and it was more of a conversation than an interview. Since consulting is all about people, be confident, friendly and energetic. Convey that you are excited to join Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• How would you mitigate risk on a project?
      What is one technical obstacle you've faced on a project and how did you overcome it?
      Answer Question