Deloitte Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.2

285 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Numerical / Logical / Siturational testing followed by in person interview. The overall process took around 4 weeks and was pretty simple. Applied for a summer placement in the Risk Analytics team, was declined due to not having proficiency in a programming language. Overall the experience was pleasant & people nice.

Vacation Scheme Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very frustrating. Lots of miscommunication between the student recruitment staff, being offered interviews then changing it at last minute. My contact's secondment in that department had ended and nobody informed me so I was left in the dark for over a month. After I had an interview, I again had to wait 3 weeks because the person who took the interview wasn't in the office and student recruitment struggled to find the outcome of the interview. Lots of confusion.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the firm's website. The entire process took 12 weeks (from the application to offer of employment).

The firm has a return to work program which I applied for and it was specifically offerred to returning professionals (manager level) who took a voluntary career break. The initial interview was done by their recruitment team over the phone. Questions asked were mostly to verify what is written in the CV. The first face to face interview was scheduled 4 weeks after the initial interview. It was done by a senior manager and it was a competency based interview which mostly focused on technical skills and knowledge. Feedback from this interview was not received until 2 weeks later when I was informed that I will be moving to the second face to face interview.

The second face to face interview was done by an audit director and questions asked were on soft skills.

Interview Questions

• How did you know about the job? What do you know about the firm?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you motivated the team to work towards a particular goal.   Answer Question
    • Decribe a situation where you had to deal with a conflict with a client and or a difficult person   Answer Question
    • What are the recent issues in the industry you know and how does it affect our clients?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is your coaching style?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to multitask and how did you managed it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Let me get this straight. I applied for the position to work at Deloitte and HR contacted me about a potential interview around 25+ days after sending my application. During this time, I had 2 offers for work available elsewhere. After receiving contact from HR about the interview, I replied instantly. However, I waited around a further 7 days to get a reply back confirming my phone interview despite sending 3 emails asking about the progress of my interview time. The time scheduled for the interview was 8 days following the email confirmation. I decided to prepare for the interview everyday since Deloitte was where I wanted to work. What was puzzling was the email I received 3 days after my phone interview confirmation email telling me the position had been closed/filled. This appeared to be a preset email, and as it was not sent by the same HR employee who told me of my phone interview, I considered this email was sent by mistake and continued my preparation. I scheduled a day off from my current employer to ensure I would be available for the phone interview, but I received no phone call. I decided to send 3 emails to ask what happened and if a rescheduled time could be provided. After the 3rd email, I ended up with a reply instantly telling me that the email I received from another HR employee was confirmation that the interview was cancelled. How was I supposed to know that the email I received was for me when it was not sent by the same HR staff who set the interview up? Because of Deloitte's HR department, I lost the chance to work for Deloitte, as well as losing a day's worth of work through my current employer and two job offers because of the lengthy time (more than 2 weeks) to get me set just for a phone interview that never took place. Thank you Deloitte.

Indirect Tax - School Leaver Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The assessment centre started off with a group activity (there were 8 of us) in which we had 35 minutes to come up with ideas to design a website for a client. We were given a briefing which we had 10 minutes to read before this started. Shortly after this, there was a 1:1 interview which lasted about an hour.
    I quite enjoyed the day on the whole - the atmosphere was friendly and more laid back than I was expecting - but the one major downside is that there is no individual feedback if you are unsuccessful at this stage. It is disappointing to get that far through a process and complete the assessment centre, only to then not receive proper feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why indirect tax, why Deloitte, questions about team work and leadership roles in the past, how you go about learning new things etc   Answer Question

Forensic Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process lasted 2 months, from application to offer made. The application process was very smooth and very fast- One of the best student recruitment teams I have come across.

It was broken down in 6 stages.

Application form

Cosmic cadet psychometric game- I found this pretty fun.

Online testing

—> First interview (case study and competency based interviews)

After being successful in the screening process I waited around a month to be scheduled in for the first round interviews. Seeing that a slot became available last minute I was only notified 1 day in advance of the interview.

The case study I found to be pretty straight forward and the time given was more than enough to read through and prepare notes.

You had 30 minutes to read through the case study, and then the interviewer will come in and ask you questions around your findings to try and gauge how you think.

Then I was asked questions around my projects, experience, and how it will aid the firm.

There were a few commercial awareness questions thrown in there for good measure- Who is Deloitte, who do we work with, what do we do- etc.

I had two interviews and I seemed to have good chemistry with both of them (it’s very important as these are the people you will be working with).

Overall the interview was 1hr and 40 minutes .

—> Final interview (Partner Interview)

I had the Partner Interview two weeks after the first interview (the process was rather fast). I was told 3 days in advance when my partner interview was going to be.

I had to prepare a (commercial awareness) presentation around the topic that was given to me, 5 minutes presenting 10 minutes questioning.

Then it was more of a values based interview. you can find Deloitte values on their website.

The interview was 1 hour long, but it seemed so short as we really clicked. In all honesty it was a very relaxed interview, the partner complimented many aspects of my answers and loved my presentation.

When you get to the partner stage, know that they really like you as a candidate, so just relax and be yourself.

—> Additional tips

Know your service line inside and out (read and study if you have to), relate it to your experience.

Be confident in your answers

Know the latest news about Deloitte, and their services, plans for the future, and why you would be a good fit.

Keep up to date with news

Know Deloitte’s competitors

Show that you really want this job- most people miss this part. Don’t say it, but show it.

PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE!

—> Offer made/ rejected stage
    My interview was on a Friday morning, I got a call on Tuesday morning confirming that I got an offer (It was bank holiday Monday so it was a stressful 3 days).

A few questions they asked:
    Why Deloitte over other companies? What are your expectations of the role? Last time you adapted? Last time you were curious? Why are you interested in Forensic Technology? Why are you hungry for success? (there were many more questions but they came up as the conversation/ interview flowed).

I hope this helped anyone applying for Forensic Technology, if you need any more info, please pop your questions below.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was more of a casual chat than an interview. The HR director did ask some cliched interview questions like why deloitte and tell me about yourself and general stuff like that. The interviewer also shared a lot of information about deloitte like how they are different than other big 4s in Malaysia and the kind of things that they offer to their employees. Overall the interview was fun.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about external audit? What do they exactly do ?   1 Answer
    • what are you weak at ?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two people interviewed me and they were friendly and comfortable. We spoke about what I do, where I'd be working, what skills I have, what systems they have, the working environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• They gave a question sheet to assess technical ability.   2 Answers

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application process took a long time- 6/7 months. I first did an online application which wasn't too bad. There were 2 boxes one about your motivations and one about what you think will be your day-to-day role. After the online application they sent online tests to do. The tests were like usual so a SJT and numerical. After this, they took a long time to get back to me about the next stage, when I say long time I mean from August to December. I finally got told about an assessment centre after a lot of chasing up through emailing regularly. In this assessment centre, I was put with about 11 other people a mix of graduates and industrial placement students. On the day, I undertook a group exercise first where in about a group of 6, we were each given a location and then had to talk to our group about the location we were given and why it would be good or bad. Then we had to come to a decision with which location we all want. After the group work, I went on to do a reading task that I was then asked questions on in the interview afterwards. The questions on the written task included, what you think were the problems, what was the company doing etc. The second half of the interview was competency based questions. They told me the same day in the evening I'd got to the next stage which was the final interview. I had to wait a long time before I received a date for the final interview (3 months) where I was interviewed by a senior partner. I first had to do a 5 minute presentation on a topic they gave a few days before the interview and was asked a couple questions on it. Then the interview questions were more why I wanted to do the role and work at Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• A time where you have overcome a problem? (AC interview)   1 Answer

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via recruitment company. CV screening took 4 weeks at least.
    First stage was paper-based case study and Excel test on computer.
    Second stage was the interview with the director. The interview was CV based starting with questions like "Where did you do your schooling?" and "When did you graduate from university?"

Put "Interview Difficulty" as average due to inappropriate questions asked.

Obviously, I am not of suitable origin and age.
    Not proceeding to the next stage, not interested to work for a company that discriminates by origin or age.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you do your schooling?"
      "When did you graduate from university?"
      etc.