Deloitte Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Management Consultant Interview Questions

3.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ithaca, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

1st round - 1 hour, 30min behavioral, 30min case/calculation
2nd round:
1 hour individual case, half hour behavioral, 1.5 hour group case

I progressed steadily into round 2. Group interview was good; four of us each with individual roles, ie finance, competitive landscape, products/services, expansion opportunities, etc. The group just needs to work together and piece info together; no

My individual case and final behavioral portions were led by unfriendly interviewers who didn't try much to hide the fact that they came in with their decisions already made. I guess they had their favorites from looking at resumes and that was that. Not sure what to describe but I'd be happy to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• 3000 potential startups to invest in, how do you start to cull the field.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

My first interview with Deloitte was an initial phone interview with HR about why I was interested in Deloitte, consulting, etc. The second round of interviews was 2 1:1 45-minute phone interviews. The first 45 minute interview was an over the phone case study. Not too bad nothing unexpected came up. The second 45 minute interview was a behavioral interview (always stress the benefits of diversity in the workplace, show that you can handle potential issues that commonly arise in the work-place, talk about how you work well with people, and be able to give EXAMPLES for ALL of these types of questions. Last interview was with a partner and director at the firm. Overall good experience up until that point, but after trying to contact HR as to why I didn't make the cut, I couldn't get a hold of them. Go figure.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had a dispute/disagreement with someone you worked with. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round, a behavioral and case interview back by back, with a manager each session and each lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Second round, an interview with a senior manager lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Third round, an interview with the partner in charge of the team I am applying to, about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience in leading a team/participating group work in your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Think about one thing that you failed in the past.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First round is a phone interview asking mainly about experience, as well as understanding of the position. They want to see how one's experience will fit into the role. Questions include how you made those decisions, why you want this role, what are your roles in the past experience, how you worked in a team.

Interview Questions

• Asked about an industry that I only had a short experience but which they were very interested in.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview

Deloitte got back to me pretty soon after I submitted my application to schedule an interview. I only had first rounds which consisted of two 1-to-1 hour-long back-to-back interviews. These interviews included both behavioural and case-based (so make sure you brush up your case interview skills).

The work culture seemed easy-going and the candidates got to interact with some consultants as they waited for their interviews. The consultants were really down-to-earth, friendly people. Definitely a great lot to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical problem.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Really friendly and helpful people, make sure you know the company and your ambitions within the company then you will be fine.
    The test are vigorous but in a way it only ensure that you are working with like minded people. There are lots of friends Deloitte people that I met along the way which I could not quite say about KPMG etc.

Interview Questions

• Which area would you feel passionate about working here once you joined?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2008.

Interview

Deloitte was, by far, the worst interview experience I've ever had. I've had plenty of rejections in school, having been one of the youngest candidates in the field, but this was the only interview that truly offended me (I often kept in touch with other companies who rejected me, and got interviews with them again, down the road - so I'm not one to take offense at rejection).

The interviewer began by accusing me of being a legacy to my graduate school. I had no parents, siblings, or other remotely close relatives who had ever attended my university, making the statement baseless and false, in addition to offensive

The remainder of the interview involved the interviewer asking questions about why I'm a terrible candidate. Any attempt to spin the question on a positive, or remotely professional note, and the interviewer would immediately interrupt me to throw in another insulting "questions."

This was a colossal waste of my time. I would never interview with them again, now would I interact with this company on any professional terms.

Interview Questions

• How can I put someone like you in front of our clients?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

Der Bewerbungsprozess für die Operations Practice bei Deloitte Consulting ist sehr zügig und transparent. Nach der Online Bewerbung habe ich einen Termin zum Telefoninterview angeboten bekommen. Eine Woche später dann einen Termin für ein persönliches Vorstellungsgesrpäch. Das Telefoninterview mit einem Sr. consultant dauert zwischen 1-2 Stunden und zielt auf den Lebenslauf und Projekte ab, die man vorweisen kann. Interviewtag besteht ebenfalls aus zwei Einzelgesprächen und einer Fallstudie mit Präsentation.

Interview Questions

• Mehrere Einzel-Vorstellungsgespräche an einem Tag mit Senior Consultants, Manager und Partner. Fragen generell zum Lebenslauf und wieso Beratung, speziell wieso Deloitte. Kleine Brainteaser und Rechenaufgaben wurden gestellt, generell machbar und beziehen sich meistens auf Market Sizing Fälle (z.b. wie viele Flugzeuge hat die Lufthansa, etc.) außerdem wird erwartet, dass man eine Fallstudie bearbeitet (eine Stunde) und diese dann vor einem Team von ca 7 Deloitte Mitareitern vorstellt.

Atmosphäre sehr angenehm und auch freundlich.   Answer Question