Deloitte Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

3.4

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Two rounds of technical and one round of HR on campus. First round started with PPP structure of various road projects and then a case study was given to solve. There were four members each in the panels who were taking the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Market entry strategy
    1. Tell me about yourself
    3. Internship project details
    4. A case study on normal go to market
    5. PPP structure
    6. Debt equity structure in capital projects
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round, a behavioral and case interview back by back, with a manager each session and each lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Second round, an interview with a senior manager lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Third round, an interview with the partner in charge of the team I am applying to, about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience in leading a team/participating group work in your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Think about one thing that you failed in the past.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

This was for pre grad scheme so probably less intensive but still involved multiple stages. Assessment centre with interview and then the final interview. You should have a general understand of the role you want and probably some more technical knowledge if you want to show your determination.

assessment centre can become quite stressful as you want to compete yet at the same time show you can work within a team and promote others, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Examples of competencies such as teamwork, leadership, hunger for success etc   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview for this internship in Korea was relatively short and concise. One 45 minute interview, and one hour case interview--the interviewers were super nice and friendly. It wasn't unnecessarily difficult, but it was definitely worth prepping for with case books.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial comms

Came through a recruitment company but once I'd sent over CV and filled out part of the online application I was contacted within about 1-2 weeks

First interview

This was with a Manager in one of the Deloitte London offices and was mostly competency based. Normal sorts questions were asked about why Deloitte, why consulting, times when you were under pressure to deliver, do you mind travelling, have you ever led a team and how did you manage them. They pulled out a couple of things off my CV too and also asked me 'What are the three upcoming themes in customer experience at the moment?'

She was really friendly and I enjoyed talking with her.

Assessment centre

Took about 2-3 weeks to get this scheduled in and then was given fairly short notice to attend one. Here's how the day ran for me (varied by person):

- 30 mins about Deloitte

- 1 hour prep for a presentation/Q&A - I was given about 15-20 pieces of paper with information about a made up company. Your task was to basically take out the key info and present back

- Partner interview - quite a different interview, lots of conversation and not many questions but not too intense (I hear this varies though depending on the partner)

- Written exercise - given a presentation about another made up company and was told that as consultants we had to summarise, in 2 pages, the status of a project to the European directors of a company. really hard to manage time but as long as you are succinct it's not too bad.

- Presentation - Presented back earlier info and then had a few questions after with a manager. Quite standard and gave me opportunity to ask questions

- Break followed by Group exercise - prioritise series of tasks - quite intense with a lot of moral dilemmas as part of the exercise.

4 days before offer came through.

Interview Questions

• Assessment centre - Can you think of any examples of where Deloitte would be put in a difficult position by differing client interests?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

My CV was selected from a job portal and i was contacted by the HR. After an initial screening of typical HR questions, my CV was forwarded to the Sr. Manager of that consulting group. R1 consisted of CV related questions and a mini case of 20 min. followed by any questions i had, regd the firm and profile. Next round was with another Sr. manager - a detail, long case interview. The case was typical market entry strategy one with P&L, Break even analysis. Last round was with the partner which was a discussion about industry trends etc and was more candidate -led rather than interviewer driven. Over all a nice experience.

I was an out of country candidate so some interviews were conducted over Skype. HR was very helpful and kept me posted as the entire process took about 3.5 months.

Negotiation

The salary was as per my expectation so did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

My first interview with Deloitte was an initial phone interview with HR about why I was interested in Deloitte, consulting, etc. The second round of interviews was 2 1:1 45-minute phone interviews. The first 45 minute interview was an over the phone case study. Not too bad nothing unexpected came up. The second 45 minute interview was a behavioral interview (always stress the benefits of diversity in the workplace, show that you can handle potential issues that commonly arise in the work-place, talk about how you work well with people, and be able to give EXAMPLES for ALL of these types of questions. Last interview was with a partner and director at the firm. Overall good experience up until that point, but after trying to contact HR as to why I didn't make the cut, I couldn't get a hold of them. Go figure.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had a dispute/disagreement with someone you worked with. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview

Deloitte got back to me pretty soon after I submitted my application to schedule an interview. I only had first rounds which consisted of two 1-to-1 hour-long back-to-back interviews. These interviews included both behavioural and case-based (so make sure you brush up your case interview skills).

The work culture seemed easy-going and the candidates got to interact with some consultants as they waited for their interviews. The consultants were really down-to-earth, friendly people. Definitely a great lot to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical problem.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Really friendly and helpful people, make sure you know the company and your ambitions within the company then you will be fine.
    The test are vigorous but in a way it only ensure that you are working with like minded people. There are lots of friends Deloitte people that I met along the way which I could not quite say about KPMG etc.

Interview Questions

• Which area would you feel passionate about working here once you joined?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2016.

Interview

focus group, ten candidates in one room with 1 hour activity to solve a problem/challenge. We were asked to provide basic information and to perform both in spanish and english.

Interview Questions

• 1hour with 10 other candidates trying to solve a challenge, in our case how would you structure your workday based on actvities, time and priorities.   1 Answer