Deloitte Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a maximum of three rounds over a single day (each round is an elimination round). Interviewees were assigned 'buddies' over a month in advance to beef up consulting skills. On interview day, 1st round is usually a guesstimate round lasting ~20 min (E.g. How many gallons of water were consumed in Los Angeles yesterday or How many gas stations are there in Chicago?). Once a candidate clears the 1st round, the 2nd round is a more structure case interview with a two member panel. This lasts about 30-40 minutes. On clearing that, there is a final partner round which lasts ~20 min.

Interview Questions

• Are grades the best indicator of performance?   Answer Question
  • X City has poor infrastructure - why do you think that is the case?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Two rounds of technical and one round of HR on campus. First round started with PPP structure of various road projects and then a case study was given to solve. There were four members each in the panels who were taking the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Market entry strategy
      1. Tell me about yourself
      3. Internship project details
      4. A case study on normal go to market
      5. PPP structure
      6. Debt equity structure in capital projects   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round, a behavioral and case interview back by back, with a manager each session and each lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Second round, an interview with a senior manager lasting about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
    Third round, an interview with the partner in charge of the team I am applying to, about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience in leading a team/participating group work in your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Think about one thing that you failed in the past.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was really quick and professional I applied directly on their website and got a call from hr, had a phone screen with Human Resources then a phone interview with a specialist of the industry and a week later they invited me to the face to face interview with 3 different people. They were very transparent and honest during the process and I'm very impressed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

This was for pre grad scheme so probably less intensive but still involved multiple stages. Assessment centre with interview and then the final interview. You should have a general understand of the role you want and probably some more technical knowledge if you want to show your determination.

assessment centre can become quite stressful as you want to compete yet at the same time show you can work within a team and promote others, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Examples of competencies such as teamwork, leadership, hunger for success etc   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2016.

Interview

focus group, ten candidates in one room with 1 hour activity to solve a problem/challenge. We were asked to provide basic information and to perform both in spanish and english.

Interview Questions

• 1hour with 10 other candidates trying to solve a challenge, in our case how would you structure your workday based on actvities, time and priorities.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview for this internship in Korea was relatively short and concise. One 45 minute interview, and one hour case interview--the interviewers were super nice and friendly. It wasn't unnecessarily difficult, but it was definitely worth prepping for with case books.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

Der Bewerbungsprozess für die Operations Practice bei Deloitte Consulting ist sehr zügig und transparent. Nach der Online Bewerbung habe ich einen Termin zum Telefoninterview angeboten bekommen. Eine Woche später dann einen Termin für ein persönliches Vorstellungsgesrpäch. Das Telefoninterview mit einem Sr. consultant dauert zwischen 1-2 Stunden und zielt auf den Lebenslauf und Projekte ab, die man vorweisen kann. Interviewtag besteht ebenfalls aus zwei Einzelgesprächen und einer Fallstudie mit Präsentation.

Interview Questions

• Mehrere Einzel-Vorstellungsgespräche an einem Tag mit Senior Consultants, Manager und Partner. Fragen generell zum Lebenslauf und wieso Beratung, speziell wieso Deloitte. Kleine Brainteaser und Rechenaufgaben wurden gestellt, generell machbar und beziehen sich meistens auf Market Sizing Fälle (z.b. wie viele Flugzeuge hat die Lufthansa, etc.) außerdem wird erwartet, dass man eine Fallstudie bearbeitet (eine Stunde) und diese dann vor einem Team von ca 7 Deloitte Mitareitern vorstellt.

Atmosphäre sehr angenehm und auch freundlich.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Well structured and organised with an impressive calibre of candidates and employees. All were very friendly and approachable. Following the online tests, the next round was an assessment morning that included a group exercise and a 1:1 interview with an unprepared business scenario, then if successful there was a final round that consisted of a partner interview in which you delivered a presentation on a pre-prepared topic.

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interviewed by senior manager. Basically, it went more like a conversation. The senior manager wanted to find out more about what was written in my resume and what my skills are. Looking for fit in the company as well I would say. He did not ask any technical questions. It was a chance for me to get to know more about what kind of projects the senior manager handled as well.