Deloitte Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Transactional - it was clear from the first interaction with the recruiter you were part of something bigger than you could change or impact. Partner also felt compelled to tell me he was Jewish - inappropriate on so many levels

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something innovative you did for your last client   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter

Half hour phone call; asked if I could fly in the following week for an interview

A few emails confirming logistics (rather last minute)

Interview was supposed to be 1.5 hours with 3 people, was about 2 with 4 people, separately

Most of team and interview was great. One gentleman already had another male candidate he wanted (who he chatted up and made dinner plans with right outside of my interview room) and was not positively engaged in my interview; he also made a couple 'unconscious bias' gender blunders.

Interview Questions

• why did you decide to publish and present articles?   1 Answer
    • describe the process for this deliverable you managed   1 Answer
    • what project were you most proud of? delivered most to the client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter, Director, Sr. Managers - Repeated cancellations, scheduled and skipped calls, apologies, scheduled calls and meetings missed and more apologies. Very unprofessional process showing lack of respect for candidates- pulled out of the process because it was indicative of how they valued their employees and treated them as commodities. No experienced hire should have to endure this treatment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied to this company multiple times and finally got a call. I know my experiences more than fulfil the job requirements but at 40 they seem to discriminate . So you are 40 or up forget applying to Deloitte.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

i was recruited via linkedin. phone screening by recruiter, phone interview by manager, in person by 3 sr. managers, phone interview by sr manager, final phone interview by head. overall the process was organized, efficient and managed by a professional and kind recruiter and support staff in India. everyone was professional, on time and had great communications skills.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience doing x and explain your background/experience and skill level   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial, very perfunctory phone screen with HR. Then I was asked to attend an in-person interview at their Rosslyn office, which would consist of 3 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. After this interview, I was asked back for a second round of in-person interviews.

Frankly, this was the worst interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter got lost trying to find the interview room, which was a stark white interior office. Then I was informed that one of my interviews would be by phone. She dialed the number and disappeared without telling me where she was going or how I could reach her. When the call got dropped 15 minutes in, I was left to frantically push buttons to try to find "redial," which I eventually did. When I got my interviewer back on the line, he couldn't seem to remember where I'd left off...and I got the impression he was multi-tasking while he interviewed me. The next interviewer was kind of hyper-aggressive and gave me the impression there was no work-life balance whatsoever. The third interviewer was nice, but worked in a completely different area of the company. No one had read my resume or seemed to know (or care) anything about me. To my shock, they asked me back for a second interview, which was much the same. No one could tell me who I'd be working with, or what I'd be doing. Everyone laughed uncomfortably when I asked about work-life balance. The most senior person was very condescending and made comments like "Why did they have you talk to THAT PERSON in the last interview? She doesn't even work with us."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (That--literally--was the only question!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was very professional and informative. They asked reasonable and applicable questions for the job position. They provided follow-up company information for review. The hiring process to longer than expected. The overall interview and hiring experience was good.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They do a case study interview after the behavioral interview to determine how much you know on the topic that you will be working in. In this case it was change management.

Interview Questions

• You have to implement a multinational change management program. How would you go about doing it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Four phases: a case study, Deloitte & consulting experience, behavioral, and technical. The interview was enjoyable and interesting. The culture and environment of the interview process was not as difficult as expected and the interviewees were very nice and relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Whittier, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiting manager, then a call with a peer line manager and then a call with the hiring manager. I was set to speak with the department head the following day, but I stopped the interview process after the last interview.

I had applied for one job, and then was told in the second interview that it had been given to an internal employee months before (hiring manager) and that she was now trying to find a replacement. The role was the same, and yet the title and compensation were lower. It was almost a bait and switch feeling to attract talent. Not a professional process, and the condescension was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the job that would be of value to our group?   Answer Question