Deloitte Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

well organized process where i understood the expectations going in. met with people at various levels and asked interesting questions. i was able to get my questions answered and we discussed career mobility within the company and promotions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Just the right mix of phone and face to face interviews. A recruiter helped me prepare for the interviews so I knew what to expect from HR interview, to phone interview, to face to face case study interview.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience and case study questions on how to handle consulting project situations. Also reviewed skills and experience with specific technologies and methodologies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a strong meeting with one of the Managers. The head of the department interviewed me on the phone and had three questions she wanted to ask and then had to rush off.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your position?   1 Answer
    • How are your sales skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2007.

Interview

Pretty straight forward..interviewed with 3 levels..manager, sm, and partner. sm gave me a case study. partner makes the hiring, banding and salary decision. overall well run process. was called within half an hour of interview to say i have an offer.

compensation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2007.

Interview

Very long (took months) and intense. Inverviewed with 5 team members and two seniors. Unfortunately the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't sitting in the area the receptionist thought she was in.... So - i sat waiting for a half an hour, and she was waiting for me in a different area. I would recommend getting a cell phone number for the person you are going to interview with in case of logistical problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people and challenging situations? How do you handle a challenge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be up front about your expectations. Negotiate if you can.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

2 interviews on the phone with HR, 2 interviews with managers on phone, 1 face to face with hiring manager. HR was a little slow, difficult to get a hold of, but the remaining people were amazing. Made me feel very comfortable. They knew exactly what problems they needed to solve, and what they needed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an offer, and pushed back for more, we ended up settling in the middle plus a sign on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I got an interview via a referral; had a couple of phone interviews, which went great: i felt my skills are a great match. then i was invited for a face-to-face interviews: 2 personal fit interview, 1 case interview. I thought they went well, but I was rejected, not sure why. no explanations were given.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • we understand that the manager level is slightly below your qualifications. why do you still want to work for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Pre-Submission:
    * I was an employee referral, so I did not have to initially register in their on-line system to apply for the job. However, I did have to eventually register and fill out informational forms.
    * My understanding is that non-employee referrals would need to do this to apply to the job.

Initial Communication & Phone Screens:
    * I first received an automatic, computer-generated e-mail confirming submission for the position.
    * Next was an e-mail from an HR representative and a phone call to gauge initial qualifications and interest and to set up a second phone screen.
    * The second phone screen consisted of more detailed questions about my previous work experience and skills.

In-Person Interview:
    * After the second phone screen, I was contacted again by HR and scheduled an in-person interview date/time.
    * In-Person interview was scheduled with three people of varying levels within the organization.
    * I was provided with a fairly good interview packet with information about the company and, after offered a drink, I was placed in a small teaming room to await the first interviewer.
    * The interviews themselves were pretty typical. More questions about work experience, detailed questions about specific situations where dealing with a difficult individual was called for or where I snatched success from the jaws of defeat. Some behavioral questions as well.

Post-Interview:
    * After the interviews, I was again contacted by HR and discussions about the positions available and their responsibilities ensued.
    * After negotiations, they submitted an offer for employment and corresponding salary.

Overall Impressions:
    The interview process was very well structured and pretty typical as far as number and format of interviews. Everyone involved was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are a project manager working at the client site and one of your team members has an odor problem - so much so that the client has made multiple comments?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Easy but background check was horrible! Unfair CRA. BI unit was ridiculously incompetent and would not take phone calls. Emails went back and forth forever and they kept asking the same questions over and over without resolution.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, too many managers to ask same questions. Have patience it is meant for you. Google it, Standard questions, No need to panic. They are human as well. Have a faith in you