Deloitte Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick and personable. They bring you into the main office and you typically meet with at least 3 people. Case Study interview and Behavioral Interview and then Partner Firm interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It went smooth somehow but some of the questions were tricky and based on particular scenarios. Felt they would want someone extremely clever. Think the interviewer was very senior and experienced though.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an effective transaction monitoring system? What are the input and output you can think of?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

I had 4 Interviews -
    1. Screening
    2. Case Study
    3. Partner
    4. HR

The Partner interview was tough but since I was an ex Big 4 I knew what questions to expect and had prepared well.

Interview Questions

• How will you help me grow my business?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter

Half hour phone call; asked if I could fly in the following week for an interview

A few emails confirming logistics (rather last minute)

Interview was supposed to be 1.5 hours with 3 people, was about 2 with 4 people, separately

Most of team and interview was great. One gentleman already had another male candidate he wanted (who he chatted up and made dinner plans with right outside of my interview room) and was not positively engaged in my interview; he also made a couple 'unconscious bias' gender blunders.

Interview Questions

• why did you decide to publish and present articles?   1 Answer
    • describe the process for this deliverable you managed   1 Answer
    • what project were you most proud of? delivered most to the client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial, very perfunctory phone screen with HR. Then I was asked to attend an in-person interview at their Rosslyn office, which would consist of 3 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. After this interview, I was asked back for a second round of in-person interviews.

Frankly, this was the worst interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter got lost trying to find the interview room, which was a stark white interior office. Then I was informed that one of my interviews would be by phone. She dialed the number and disappeared without telling me where she was going or how I could reach her. When the call got dropped 15 minutes in, I was left to frantically push buttons to try to find "redial," which I eventually did. When I got my interviewer back on the line, he couldn't seem to remember where I'd left off...and I got the impression he was multi-tasking while he interviewed me. The next interviewer was kind of hyper-aggressive and gave me the impression there was no work-life balance whatsoever. The third interviewer was nice, but worked in a completely different area of the company. No one had read my resume or seemed to know (or care) anything about me. To my shock, they asked me back for a second interview, which was much the same. No one could tell me who I'd be working with, or what I'd be doing. Everyone laughed uncomfortably when I asked about work-life balance. The most senior person was very condescending and made comments like "Why did they have you talk to THAT PERSON in the last interview? She doesn't even work with us."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (That--literally--was the only question!)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)).

Interview

Four interviewers. Interview 30 minutes late. No snacks suggested over the 4.5 hour long interview. Questions and discussions made sense however. I also did not like the fact, that although they invited me themselves, they refused to pay trip to the hiring office country in full, so I had to cover part of it myself.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle conflicts inside the workgroup   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter, Director, Sr. Managers - Repeated cancellations, scheduled and skipped calls, apologies, scheduled calls and meetings missed and more apologies. Very unprofessional process showing lack of respect for candidates- pulled out of the process because it was indicative of how they valued their employees and treated them as commodities. No experienced hire should have to endure this treatment.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deloitte (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Informal interview process, which was conducted by a Partner over 2 instances. Focussed on technical and consulting skill base and was conducted over the telephone. There was no face to face interview, which would have assisted the process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2017.

Interview

Preliminary date agreement with secretary.
    Introduction of the exact tasks connected to the position.
    How my background, experience +capabilities match with the position.
    Agree on the next phase - live situation test involving colleagues

Interview Questions

• Experiences in industry sectors + introducing a problem/critical situation.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They do a case study interview after the behavioral interview to determine how much you know on the topic that you will be working in. In this case it was change management.

Interview Questions

• You have to implement a multinational change management program. How would you go about doing it.   2 Answers