Deloitte Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks - The behavioral round and phone round interview happened in 2 weeks and was first asked to interview at the face to face interview with the partner and the senior manager

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and the process was fairly smooth. After a 30 minute interview with the recruiter, I had an hour phone interview with a Manager in a similar position. I was quickly invited to an in person interview in Chicago. The in person interview in Chicago was with a Partner who discussed my experience, a Senior Manager who gave me a hypothetical case study, and a Manager who discussed my technical background. The whole process took about 2.5 hours. I received an offer 20 minutes later as I was walking back to the hotel.

Interview Questions

• The case study was pretty straight forward as long as you have the experience. The interviewer was looking for specific key words in my response and I seemed to check off most of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them stretch number and they offered slightly less.

Deloitte Response

Apr 3, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We're glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to post a review; your feedback will be helpful to others as they are preparing for interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds of interview
    1st round - standard HR interview
    2nd Round - 3 interviews with Senior Managers and Partners. 1 each based on consulting skills, case interview and industry expertise
    3rd Round - Overall experience and fit with the hiring group leader (a Partner)

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for Deloitte?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had about 3 telephone interviews & 1 in person ( 4 people interviewed me)
    Telephone
    - What are cursors, triggers
    - Asked me to write a small algorihtm for printing few #'s div by 3.
    - Few other questions about .Net/ sql server etc..
    In Person
     I met with 4 people 2 of them were technical.
    - SQL Server ( this is where I think I screwed up)
    What are indexes? Clustered and non clustered?
    What are cursors?
    What are diff bween Inner join & outer join?
    Write a query between two tables to show Sum of amount based on a certain field indicator on one of the column. amt > 1 Mil $ ( I didn't have enough time to write the query and the next guy barged in. So they dinged me on this one).
    .Net
    - Framework?
    - Execute reader vs exec non query
    - execscalar?
    - Clustering of IIS servers.
    Few other basic .net questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL query wasn't that hard but just had to put some thought to it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the experienced recruiter and a call with a Director. All were very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Case + Behavioral - Intense

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Multiple interviews - 4 - 5 at least. A screening with an internal recruiter, followed by numerous other interviews. The process was unnecessarily long.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions. Comfort with travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One offer. One counter. A second offer. Accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial conversation with recruiter, follow up phone interview. Final round involved 3 45min in person interviews with a focus on functional knowledge, fit, and a business case. In person interviews were held back to back in the office location I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between your behavior at the office when you are relaxed and you are stressed? If a big deadline is coming up or you are behind schedule what changes in how you manage your team? If I asked the people you manage right now about your management style under pressure what would they say?   Answer Question

Other offer at competing firm.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The usual questions. Nothing too difficult since I'm the expert in my own field.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Begins with short presentation. Then 3 private interviews. Technical, Cultural fit, General.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward questions. It is good to use it as an opportunity to see if the fit is right for YOU, as well we them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pending