Deloitte Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.2

BTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

1st round (on campus): behavioral + case
    2nd round (Deloitte): BTA case analysis
    The case interview is very different from other consulting firm, so make sure you not only understand the model of how to answer the questions, but in detail why and how.

Interview Questions

• BTA case: if you have two weeks to go to Mexico to integrate the systems. How would you schedule the meetings, who will you talk to, and why?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole process was very collegial. I first did a video interview. It had a minor tech hiccup, but the interviewer was patient. After, it was the second round interview. I flew in and met with a partner, managing director, and a buddy. I was really impressed with the firm, and I could get a sense of how the firm operates.

Interview Questions

• No case interview was involved. Probably will classify as a behavioral interview, but nonetheless, it was a sit down and talk over the basics. They were evaluating me, while I was constantly checking whether the firm is a good fit for me as well.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds. First round was two 45 minute interviews. One 30 minute case, with some behavioral. The other was fully behavioral. The second round, which was on site, was a 45 minute case with the head of the business analyst program. Then 15 minutes of behavioral with the head of the consulting practice.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Breakfast and socializing with a number of newer hires, followed by a brief introduction and presentation. Two one-on-one interviews- one with a Senior Manager and one with a Partner. Both interviews were very relaxed and conversational. We went over my resume and they asked a few follow up questions that were not difficult at all. Then I asked about 4 or 5 questions. At the end of the day we went out to lunch with the new hires to network.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why public accounting? What are you most proud of on your resume? How would your close friends and family describe you? Tell me about this...(on your resume).   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied, heard back within a week about an interview the next week. One hour in the 1st round (20 min behavioral with someone and 20 mins case interview with someone). If you did well you got a call around 6pm that night for a social that evening and a second round interview the next day. All the candidates who got the job found out that evening.

Deloitte Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was on campus and then followed by second round interview in the office. Cases were of moderate difficulty, upper level management looked for specific thought processes more than answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did not succeed in an endeavor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and was emailed to set up a phone interview with a senior manager. After this I was invited in for a series of interviews all consisting of behavioral questions

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter help me schedule a interview with Deloitte. Interview was through Skype, interviewer asked many core java questions, some sample algorithm questions, and also some questions about Spring framework. Other details I can not remember.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The interview process began on campus. I received an offer to come for an office visit. I was told to book a flight and hotel. There was another interviewee in at the same time, and the staff kept asking me why I had stayed at a hotel when the other candidate had not. Felt uncomfortable during the interview. Ultimately, would not have wanted to work with those that I had interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight forward, as expected. I was asked behavioral questions similar to what any of the Big 4 would ask during on campus interviews and during the office visit. The situation that came up regarding the hotel stay was the part of the interview that was the "toughest", since it put me in an awkward position.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I received an e-mail directed to all accounting majors in our school that Deloitte was hiring for certain position. I applied through our schools career website. Soon after the application deadline was up, I was invited for a first-round interview on campus. I was also invited to a pre-interview dinner, which is a must go to event to familiarized with your interviewer. I was interviewed by a senior manager. I was invited for second-round interviews a week after the first-round. Second-round interview consisted of a pre-interview dinner again and an office visit during the day of interview. I was interviewed by a partner and then by a director. Interviews felt very casual. It was more like a conversation. All of them started with asking me to describe my average week and we went off from there. I did not get any technical or traditional behavioral questions. Asking questions were heavily encouraged throughout the interview, it is a great way to learn from it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your average week. All three interviewer asked this but the degree into which they dug into my answer varied.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was almost an adhesion contract but they were open for negotiating when you start your internship. My friends and I applied for winter positions but one of my friends asked to be moved for the summer and they agreed.