Deloitte Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

465 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds. First round consisted of half hour behavioral and half hour case. Second round was an hour long case with an information dump from a video at the start. One of your interviews will be with a partner. Make sure you go to all the networking events; they keep track of who puts time in. Furthermore, they will have debriefs after each event going over who they liked.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was pretty standard; however, it involved some process knowledge.   1 Answer

Healthcare/Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

I gave my resume to a non-HC/LS recruiter who visited my university for a career fair. She forwarded to the HC/LS people and about a week later, I got an emailed stating that I'd been selected for a first round interview. It was 2 back-to-back phone interviews, each 30 min, and an online assessment. I was told the decision would take 2 weeks. I interviewed on a Monday and found out on a Friday that I had moved on to the second round. This was at the Boston office and consisted of a 1 hr presentation from the team, 2 30 min interviews, and a walking tour. I thoroughly enjoyed my interviews and thought they went well. There were a lot of candidates interviewing, most who were MBA, MHA, and MPH students like myself. Given the competition, I was disappointed but not entirely shocked when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your work-life balance in this role?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was facilitated by a recruiter and was very smooth. I had two rounds of interviews, both on the phone, both two-30 minute interviews (one behavioral, one case). The behavioral interview was situated as a conversation based primarily off of your resume and experiences outside of what is on your resume. The case depended upon what branch of Deloitte you applied for, and typically reflects a real case Deloitte was a part of.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was a joint-application in the university and interview was about a month later. Before the interview, there is a written test to test for English proficiency. Interview was on an individual basis with 1 interviewer.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and then had two subsequent interviews. Each interview was about 30-60 minutes. All interviews tested both behavior and skills required for the position. I would come fully prepared in both areas and well as with questions prepared for each interviewer.

Business Intelligence Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Applied for a position online and alerted the recruiter. Received a phone interview. Call lasted for 30 minutes. Recruiter seemed interested but no sure the company was interested.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary expectations, story about past work experience, language skills, supervisory skills   Answer Question

Cyber Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a 3 round interview process. First was on campus and then the last two were at their corporate HQ in Manhattan. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. The questions were very behavorial on the first round, all "tell me about a time when" type questions. The second round with a senior manager was very intense about my past experience, drilling everything on my resume. And the last interview was with a Partner, who was such an amazing person, and it was a very casual conversation the entire interview.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

On campus recruiting (1st round) : I met with one interviewer. The questions were mostly behavioral questions. - Office visit (2nd round) : Office tour, Q&A sessions with Deloitte greeters (mostly senior level) then had two interviews - I didn't find it too hard and a lot of the questions were again behavioral ones. I went over the 50 behavioral question list and they were extremely helpful to prepare for the interviews. Also, it is better to bring as many question as you can.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Honestly, the interview process itself was fairly simple. After submitting your resume, there is an interview with the recruiter where you talk a little about the role as well as your experience. Second stage of the process is a phone interview with a manager. Again, questions about your experience as well as some general questions. Third stage is in-person interviews.

Here's where Deloitte really dropped the ball. Now it may seem like I'm bitter that I didn't receive an offer but, honestly, I probably would have refused an offer even if I had received one. One of the interviewers (a manager) during my in-person interviews was one of the most unprofessional managers I have ever spoken with. First thing is he was on his computer the entire time. That in itself is ok. When I can count the number of times he looked up from his computer to make eye contact is when it's not ok. It wasn't that he was being rude per se, he was making an obvious statement that he was more important than me and had better things to be doing. To make matters worse, he would ask a question and then interrupt when giving my reply, acting very perplexed to the answer I was giving. This happened on multiple occasions, again a very obvious ploy to make himself seem superior. I could have said the sky was blue and he would have acted like that was the dumbest thing anyone had ever told him.

Bottom line is this: unless you are a recent college graduate stay away from this role. Also, Deloitte if you are reading this, please coach your interviewers on proper interview etiquette. Having an interviewer treat a candidate that poorly is unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a budget and a forecast   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Very conversational. Interviewer was very down to earth, asked me about myself, seemed to care about me as a person. Didn't ask any behaviorals, just went over my resume and asked questions based on my responses.