Deloitte Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Remote, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional. I got a call from a recruiter who works from home in another state. She spent most of the time as a detective in a roundabout way was implying that I was not being honest. She spent most of MY TIME drilling me about mickey mouse concerns and the impression was left with me that this company is not trustworthy. Any company calling ME about a job should be upselling the position, not telling me that "they almost didn't call me because I have a gap in my employment history? making it into an inquisition. I was called because I am qualified for the job. I'm not sure what makes this company thing that senior-level administrators will bow down to these tactics. Worse, she checked my Linkedin profile 4 times and I found out that she contacted someone I used to work for, which I at no time pre-authorized PERMISSION for. This woman clearly has no supervision in her role, and these companies who allow these HR consultants to work from home are really casting a bad impression on candidates when they are nowhere in the loop as for processes. An hour of my time was wasted.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

This interview was part of the on-campus public accounting internship recruiting process. Candidates attended a pre-interview dinner the night before with other candidates, interviewers, and Deloitte employees. The next day, interviews were held on campus. I arrived and two Deloitte employees interviewed me. It felt like a good cop-bad cop situation and I did not feel comfortable in this interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the craziest thing you've ever done that you wouldn't want your parents to know about?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Eugene, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

I did a first round on campus interview with Deloitte for the Summer Leadership Program. Although I can say that it wasn't personally my best interview (due to being nervous), I thought their style of interviewing wasn't the best. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview. The partner would often challenge my answers and show disapproval on his facial expression when he didn't like what I said.

Interview Questions

• Are you just naturally really smart or do you try really hard? Why didn't you get an A in this class?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Remote, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is conducted mainly via phone due to the large remote workers. During the process you will interview with 3 to 4 people/roles. The 1st interview is with the recruiter for screening. The 2nd person or roles to interview you will be your hiring manager and possibility one of their peers, 3nd person or role may be a peer to the position you are interviewing for. The 4th interview will be with the hiring managers "Boss". each persona that interviews you much complete a standard recap form for all the other to view. This is to help not repeat the same questions for to get a deeper answer to a someone feels is not complete. The easiest interview is the last.

Interview Questions

• They will ask very pointed questions about your approach to problems you created a solutions. They need to hear how YOU touched the process   1 Answer

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

It was fine. The interview was tougher than expected but well done. i was looking for part time work which is very hard. they did not have a position to offer for just part time. I applied on-line and was granted the interview.

Analytics Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Corvallis, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Two managers interviewed me separately for 0.5 hour respectively. First manager went through my resume and asked normal question. The second one is tougher. She ask me how other people around judge me and what my weakness is. I told the truth without well-preparation... Get more prepared and I believe I was more likely to be hired...Practice more and more...

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. How do other people around judge you?
      3. What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Eugene, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

i only got and the first round of interview. interver is very nice and friendly,but so many questions for the first round. You need to get prepared before it. Also, it takes 30 minutes but the tax interview is 1hour.

Staff Audit Practice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

on-site office visit: I came in the office around 9am and had a nice breakfast with a staff accountant and a senior audit manager. It was very relaxing beginning. We talked about our own personal lives. They gave a sale pitch on how Deloitte is the best among all CPA firms.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult team member? Describe a time when you have to use your listening skills to make people understand your ideas? Describe a project where you use your time management skills or prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a three person in office interview and coffee hour, and lots of socials. Liked all the people and the interview questions were pretty general..."Tell me about a time you..." type questions, plus just some "getting to know you" type stuff. I don't think there were any technical questions, but I was a campus hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a CPA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't try negotiating, was really happy to get an offer.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

I initially was contacted by the recruiter, we communicated by email to coordinate my interview.

It took one day to get the interview scheduled but it was for two weeks out. Partially that was due to my own limited schedule.

The interview consisted of two "two on one" interviews (two interviewers, and me) each lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewers were all either managers or senior managers. They were typical interviews, all were friendly, a couple more reserved a couple more outgoing. Nothing exceptionally challenging or unusual about either interview.

After the interviews I went to lunch with a staff & senior person. Lunch lasted about 1.5 hours (including walking) and was pleasant. More of a "sales" pitch, talking about what they like about the firm, what the environment is. Nice people and I enjoyed it.

After lunch I walked back to the office and was given a tour. They have "fly-in" cubes for auditors and the office seemed really quiet. They validated my parking (which is good, it was $15 to park in the building!!)

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current position?
      What don't you like? (Or what is challenging)   Answer Question