Deloitte Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2016

3.3

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Pretty easy questions relating to my background and experience in general. Also asking about current developments in accounting and audit as it relates to manufacturing industry. Behavioral questions by 3 partners and a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the key changes or updates to the accounting and auditing practice in current times.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Originally, I applied through my university. They took me in two separate rooms. In one room, I met with a senior manager. The next room, I met with the audit director. However, the director was rude and spent part of his time on his smartphone.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Corvallis, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. Easy interview process, meet two managers for half an hour, had a good conversation, but unfortunately I did not get the offer because I did not take related classes as they told me. Although they told me to reapply after finish some classes I did not after graduated.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Corvallis, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Got this interview opportunity through campus career center. It took 10 days. Two 30min interviews at the same day. The questions are all pretty simply and basic behavioral questions such as leadership, teamwork and how to handle a bad teammate.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services website. I interviewed with two recruiters, one after the other in a one-on-one setting. They were very reserved compared to recruiters from other accounting firms. I got the offer to travel to Portland for a second interview about two weeks later.

In Portland I interviewed with four people, one at a time. I interviewed with staff, directors, and partners. I also went to lunch with two younger staff members.

Overall, it seemed like a fairly reserved office.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte over the other firms?   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

I initially was contacted by the recruiter, we communicated by email to coordinate my interview.

It took one day to get the interview scheduled but it was for two weeks out. Partially that was due to my own limited schedule.

The interview consisted of two "two on one" interviews (two interviewers, and me) each lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewers were all either managers or senior managers. They were typical interviews, all were friendly, a couple more reserved a couple more outgoing. Nothing exceptionally challenging or unusual about either interview.

After the interviews I went to lunch with a staff & senior person. Lunch lasted about 1.5 hours (including walking) and was pleasant. More of a "sales" pitch, talking about what they like about the firm, what the environment is. Nice people and I enjoyed it.

After lunch I walked back to the office and was given a tour. They have "fly-in" cubes for auditors and the office seemed really quiet. They validated my parking (which is good, it was $15 to park in the building!!)

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current position?
      What don't you like? (Or what is challenging)
      Answer Question
    • What would your current supervisor say about you?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a three person in office interview and coffee hour, and lots of socials. Liked all the people and the interview questions were pretty general..."Tell me about a time you..." type questions, plus just some "getting to know you" type stuff. I don't think there were any technical questions, but I was a campus hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a CPA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't try negotiating, was really happy to get an offer.

Staff Audit Practice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

on-site office visit: I came in the office around 9am and had a nice breakfast with a staff accountant and a senior audit manager. It was very relaxing beginning. We talked about our own personal lives. They gave a sale pitch on how Deloitte is the best among all CPA firms.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult team member? Describe a time when you have to use your listening skills to make people understand your ideas? Describe a project where you use your time management skills or prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Eugene, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

i only got and the first round of interview. interver is very nice and friendly,but so many questions for the first round. You need to get prepared before it. Also, it takes 30 minutes but the tax interview is 1hour.

Analytics Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Corvallis, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Two managers interviewed me separately for 0.5 hour respectively. First manager went through my resume and asked normal question. The second one is tougher. She ask me how other people around judge me and what my weakness is. I told the truth without well-preparation... Get more prepared and I believe I was more likely to be hired...Practice more and more...

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. How do other people around judge you?
      3. What is your weakness?
      Answer Question