Deloitte Interview Questions in Ottawa, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a two stage interview. The first one was a one hour interview with a manager and a specialist. The second one was a one-on-one with a senior manager and then a partner for half an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was behavioral/technical with a Business Technology Analyst and Senior Manager (Agile vs waterfall methods, system development life cycles etc.). There was also a 30 min written test where you had to write a memo introducing yourself to the company (very straight forward).

Second interview was 2 weeks later with a partner (30 min) and another Senior Manager (30 min). All behavioral, no technical questions.

Although all the interviewers asked a few technical questions, in the end the most important thing is being conversational, easy going and confident. They essentially want someone who can associate well with clients. I don't have a very technical background but they didn't seem to care too much since you can learn technical skills via training.

Finished interview yesterday, waiting for response.

Interview Questions

• What is a lesson you learned from your mother and father?
      Are you goal oriented or results oriented?
      Go over your transcript?
      How does this co-curricular activity on your resume help you in your life?
      Example of leadership
      Do you like to travel? What is your favorite destination?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Interview

It was professional, asked about the 6 core competencies they were looking for, leadership, teamwork, etc. There are three rounds, first a short interview with the core competencies, then they ask you a larger interview about yourself, and then they ask you to do a case, and test excel.

Business Analyst S&O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Deloitte's website. First round was a behavioural interview for 30-40 minutes with 2 managers. Then at the end, they gave me a small problem to solve ( outsource/in-house) for 15 minutes. It was simple. You just need to how them your critical thinking process.

2nd interview behavioural with the manager and partner for 30 minutes. Then, a case interview for 30-40 minutes, then a written part for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why Ottawa? What's your biggest strength? All the questions can be found easily on forums.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant-Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The first round is at their office(in Ottawa). It is both behavioral and technical questions but mostly technical. They only asked 3 4 general behavioral questions. As for the technical ones, make sure you know methodologies, entity diagram relationships etc. Also, they make you write an formal e-mail, to see how you are in formal writing. The scenario is sending an e-mail to colleagues at Deloitte, explaining who you are etc.The first interview took about an hour all at once, with 2 people. As for the second and final round, which is also in their office, you interview 2 people separately, each half an hour interview. Very behavioral to see if you are a good fit. Also expect tough questions about your transcript. They let you know the result of the interviews within 2 weeks.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Startd from writing, introducing urself to your colleagues given u have been hired and working for several months.
    Interview process is quite typical, behavioral questions to test personality, team work spirit.... Technical questions asked about the process of project, some methodology and skills....

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process consisted of:

1- behavioral and case interview -> with two technology consultant
    Prepare as many cases as you can from Deloitte website, read them carefully. Learn the business words they contain to use them for your interview. My case was related to extending a business by choosing one type of electronic payments like web portal, bit coin, and mobile payment. Ask the interviewers any question that comes to your mind. For example, what is the cost of entering to the market for each type. When you ask relevant questions, the interviewers give you some related charts that you can use to answer their questions. Regarding behavioral questions, try to prepare for them. Try to prepare for questions like why Deloitte, why this job by doing lots of research about Deloitte. Use their website. They have many things for the interview in their website even on questions you should ask from interviewers. Read carefully the competencies required for the position like having leadership skills, and try to show them through your answers to behavioral questions. Be Smart in your answers to make a good impression :D

2- Written test for 30 minutes: They told me that the test was new for 2015 applications. It was easy test. They asked me to assume myself as a new member of the technology consultant team and write a letter introducing myself and stating the goals I have for the first three month in the team.

They would like to test your writing skills. I did not know about the type of the test. So, I did not prepare for that. However, I had the experience of writing formal letters. Again try to be smart in your letter.

3- Fit interview -> with senior manager for 30 minutes
    Again questions like why Deloitte, tell me about yourself. Try to be more confident and relax. It was an enjoyable discussion without any stress. The questions mainly were about the types of the projects that they had and asking my interest on them. .

4- Fir interview -> with partner for 30 minutes
    Again it was an enjoyable discussion without any stress. He asked me about my thesis and my experiences.

I had the first interview in one day, and the others in another day.

My advice, Try to be CONFIDENT, read a lot about Deloitte and the interview questions, and prepare for them.

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the undergraduate internship for the summer as a business analyst. There were two rounds of interviews. The primary reason for my success in receiving an offer would have to be the fact that I met with so many of the employees in Deloitte Consulting overall, not even S&O specifically, and I went about it in a genuine manner. I met them at information sessions and networking events held at Telfer School of Management (uOttawa). Both of the interviews were behaviour-based; no case was involved.

Interview Questions

• 1st round: explain a time that you had to think on your feet/improvise, and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • 2nd round: how would you describe your personality, and how would your peers describe your personality?   1 Answer
    • 2nd round: many questions revolving around the idea of post-grad education and/or a designation; if I'm looking into a designation or an MBA, and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called for the initial interview which tested my technical know-hows. The second interview was to test my fit with Deloitte. The second interview was bipartite, I was first interviewed by a senior manager and then a partners.

Interview Questions

• Questions on databases, software development cycles, and object oriented design/programming.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very informal, more a discussion about my background and my motivation to join the firm + some details about the culture and work environment. I had a phone interview with HR then a 1-1 with a Senior Manager and a another final interview with 2 partners.

Interview Questions

• Cant remember any specific but really informal discussion.   1 Answer