Deloitte Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen then cattle call with hiring managers going from conference room to conference room. Disconnect between interviews an HR. HR described the role, interviewers talked about a role that bore no resemblance to the expectations set up by HR.

Interview Questions

• What did you work on last?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It is just first round interview. It is a phone interview and it went well. Was told I will hear back in a week or so. There should be at least another round and will be on campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Phila, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had initial phone interview that went well and the recruiter said she would review with her manager and get back to me in a week. I sent her a follow up email and voicemail two weeks later and she never responded. I figured if the HR department at Deloitte cannot give a courtesy return message it is probably not the employer I would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• 1) Relevent experience
      2) Interest in Deloitte and position
      3) Current and desired salary
      4) Location
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The process included one telephonic and 3 onsite interviews. The interviews consisted of typical project management questions and team handling questions.
    No status update about the interview feedback for weeks and a month. Had to follow up repeatedly over email and phone. Received feedback that they have moved with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and application for a project attorney through Deloitte's on-line career website in response to a general recruitment posting. After approximately four weeks I received a call from Deloitte's Human Resources Department and an impromptu interview was conducted over the phone. The phone interview process was very superficial and covered the basics that one would expect these days, including past professional experience, information about Deloitte, and that any position offering was contigent upon a criminal background and credit history check. At the end of the phone interview a "group interview" with three members of the division I would be applying for was scheduled for the following week.
    The "group interview" was conductd at Deloitte's office and conducted quickly, efficiently, and professionally. Myself, along with a group of approximately 12 other applicants were met in the Deloitte building's lobby just shortly prior to the time of the scheduled interview and taken up to the well apolstered main corporate lobby. The ages of the individuals varied from neophytes that appeared to be just out of college to very seasoned senior professionals. Soon after arriving in the corporate lobby, HR representatives greeted the group and we were separated out into smaller pods for the respective positions for which we were interviewing. I exited the lobby with a group of what I believe were others competing for the same position and was taken to another floor. Once there, we were each brought to our own individual interview rooms and awaited our interviewers. In all, I met separately with three individuals with Deloitte who spent exactly 30 minutes each with me. Based on the titles of each interviewer, it just so happened that I met the junior associate first and most senior last. I thought that each person I met was professional, asked appropriate interview questions, and answered the quesions I presented well. Overall, the three thirty minute interviews went by rather quickly and was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were particularly difficult and were general in nature asking about the type of work I had done in the past. One of the interview questions did provoke thought since the position I was applying for deviated from my prior professional positions - asking if I would have a difficulties with the new role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

Fast and efficient to apply. Long application process. The actual onsite interview was very long, perhaps 4-5 hours. Lead interviewer (my potential boss) seemed intent on forming an impression of his dominance rather than asking actual questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not hard but vague. then one (on many interviewers) would push for more detailed answers. My response was that it is not that i cannot answer, but your question is to non-specific, i cannot answer in a vacuum.   Answer Question

Salary and competing offerer

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The process starts with series of phone screening, and there are at least 3 face to face interviews. The offer letter and salary final detail are made at the very end of the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate but the firm had the last world

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Received an initial phone screening from someone in HR. After that, I had two phone interviews. One was with the hiring manager, the other with another manager in the group. After those two phone interviews were considered successful, I had an hour long in-person interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I was offered the job over the phone. I then had a call with the HR person again to discuss logistics and on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• Some very pointed, difficult questions to answer on my past employment. Due to my limited time at my previous job, they wanted to really make sure it was a good fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reston, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

interview went well, lots of questions and information wanted on former employer. Questions were related to more technical than project management. Wnated refrences before offer was made and proff of last salary. Very interested in what we did at former company and what there turnover rate was for 2009. Wanted a lot of numbers.

Location

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very demanding but also interesting. I was asked some questions about the skills I am bringing to the company. And I asked if they refer to both Technical & Soft skills. I answered the questions to the best of my knowledge and was proceeded to meet with the Executive Head of the unit. I was asked to call back in January 2017.

Interview Questions

• What do you look out for in a career   2 Answers