Deloitte Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

The process was long, it was expected to be 7 interviews, I had 4 before I selected another company. The first 3 are standard and the fourth was a case interview, you have to use your skills and creativity.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioural questions, and also questions related to experience. The case interview presented a decision path for big company transformation and asked you to describe what will you consider   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very demanding but also interesting. I was asked some questions about the skills I am bringing to the company. And I asked if they refer to both Technical & Soft skills. I answered the questions to the best of my knowledge and was proceeded to meet with the Executive Head of the unit. I was asked to call back in January 2017.

Interview Questions

• What do you look out for in a career   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Although the functional interviewer were really good, all the questions asked were relevant, all the people were very pleasant, in fact the Partner round was really fun and the quality of conversation was really high and interesting.
    The rotten apple/s in the interview process was the HR for a variety of the reason :-
    1.) The interview schedule was highly variable, the date and time would keep on changing even till the very last minute.
    2.) What was shocking was high level of bureaucracy in such an efficient organization, here is one of the instance, I went in for the English aptitude test , met a person on 6th floor office he handed me a pamphlet and asked me to go to ground floor to x personnel. At first ground the guy basically reads me out the pamphlet and sends me back to the 6th floor for taking the test. It was highly absurd and a waste of time. Even the wait time before anyone from HR will attend to you was super high.
    3.) After everything got done and all the rounds were cleared, even then I had to wait for 10 days for getting a call back.
    4.) The offer provided was totally absurd, nowhere near the initial requirement which was very clearly stated during the very first phone call with the HR personnel.
    5.) Finally, was told that they would get back to me whether they can work around the offer or not. But never got a phone call. I believe a candidate, after spending several hours of his time for the interview process, at least deserve a courtesy message that things cannot be worked around but in this case nothing ...
    So, although the team members seemed to be great but the entire interview experience with the HR personnel was horrible and it seemed very unprofessional for a Global Level Organization claiming to be valuing its employees a lot.

Interview Rounds
    Basic Interview By HR, Interview by a Team Member, Interview by Senior Team Member, English Aptitude Test and Finally Interview by Team Leader (Partner Interview)

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked by the functional personnel were relevant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Received an initial phone screening from someone in HR. After that, I had two phone interviews. One was with the hiring manager, the other with another manager in the group. After those two phone interviews were considered successful, I had an hour long in-person interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I was offered the job over the phone. I then had a call with the HR person again to discuss logistics and on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• Some very pointed, difficult questions to answer on my past employment. Due to my limited time at my previous job, they wanted to really make sure it was a good fit.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview

Answered job posted in Monster. Few days later received call from HR manager. Wanted to discuss job submitted for. Then scheduled telephone interview with one of the hiring managers. During interview the manager expressed reservations that I could work the normal 12-14 hour, 7 days. Hiring manager than ended interview with understanding that he would like for me to meet him and his team at their NY location. The HR manager coordinated the interview. Interview was held in the NY office and comprised of 4 separate sessions, one on one. The total time was 4 hours. Did not feel I got the job, and still sensed hiring manager doubted I would adapt to their work schedule. Within 3 days of the interviews, the HR manager called me to say that they decided to go with another candidate. I appreciated the opportunity of the interview and the professionalism of the HR manager. Would I like to work 12-14 hour days, 7 days a week. Something I could manage, but not something I need to worry about since I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Situations dealing with unclear and uncertain organization structure. How would you handle this situation.   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult project that you worked on and how did it turn out.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

4 Rounds of interview involving technical Senior Manager and Director round and HR. There is also a test of spoken English to check on fitment to interact with Clients

Interview Questions

• Questions around technology and management and process oriented   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It is just first round interview. It is a phone interview and it went well. Was told I will hear back in a week or so. There should be at least another round and will be on campus.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in October 2014.

Interview

Long lasting, with more than 5 interviews and client oriented questions. The people involved during the interview were senior management officials. The interview was scheduled by a former friend of mine; it was great timing.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience, did I have, how many people I managed in the past and PMI related questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Das Gespraech fand in einer sehr lockeren und ruhigen Atmosphaere statt. Der Gespraechspartner war sehr gut vorbereitet und wir hatten trotz Skype - Verbindung eine gute Unterhaltung.
    Insgesamt war die Struktur recht klar und ohne Ueberraschungen.

Interview Questions

• Verlauf bisherige Karriere im Detail, Staerken, Schwaechen, Gehaltsvorstellungen   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Was telephonic and purely technical
    Next rounds were interviews by senior management and they gauged on soft skills
    Followed by hr and finally the offer was given after two days
    Pretty professional and overall a positive experience