Deloitte Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

3.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty terrible. It took 3 months from start to finish. It took 2 weeks for them to give me the outcome from my final interview. I had to chase up. There was a couple of times when I had to chase them up.

I had been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation with a handout to go along with the partner interview. I was not asked to do this and all the time spent preparing on the presentation and handout was wasted.

The partner showed up and seemed like he had somewhere else to be. He made the interview last exactly 30 minutes when the estimated time was an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on Trump?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about Brexit?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about the tax situation with Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • What is the day to day role of tax?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Challenging but not in a bad way. Made to feel at ease during the interview and was asked some forward questions about my skill set, abilities and what I could bring to the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can add to the firm   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Application. Took a few days then invited to carry out tests. Numerical and logical reasoning tests. Again a few days later invited to carry out the e-tray tests. The first half consisted of replying to emails with a multiple choice response based on information you were given and analysis you also had to work out. Once you had passed that you were sent an email to carry out the second half of the e-tray test. This consisted of a written proposal, where you had to give business advice to your client based on the information from the first half of the e-tray test and some extra information. After this I was invited to a face to face interview at the office I had applied to.

Interview Questions

• How has the economic climate affected Deloitte and what can be done to combat this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Graduate Tax - GES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

CV - Numerical Reasoning - E Tray - Writing - First Interview - Partner Interview

Interview Questions

• nothing really unexpected, but ensure when answering competency questions always refer to what YOU as an individual did, how YOU contributed to the result of the task you used for the competency. Never used the word WE even when you are talking about a team project.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant (Grad Programmer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

My whole application process: 400 word online application broken down into 4 questions with 100 word count limit each. After this I was selected for the online SHL tests (I think it was a diagrammatical and then numeracy). Was invited to the fast-track assessment centre after I passed this which meant that I did the remaining exam at the Deloitte office over a 2 day period. In the morning of day 1 we sat the e-tray exercise and with the highest scoring progressing to the afternoon session where we had 1st stage interviews with managers or senior managers. Successful applicants then had 2nd stage interviews with partners the following day.

Interview Questions

• 1. 5 minute presentation on what IT audit is (this is known in advance)
      2. Why Deloitte?
      3. Why did you study your degree?
      4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

- Slow response (Took them 2 weeks after intial application sent in)
    - Too much time between 1st & Partner Interview (I had to wait 2 months! after it was postponed.)
    - Nice friendly ppl (My Buddy and the Guy who took me for lunch @ the assessment centre were helpful in giving me interview tips)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary it's 'competitive'

I believe you can ask for longer to make a decision.