Deloitte Interview Questions in Rosslyn, VA | Glassdoor

2.9

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and 2 days later I received a phone screen in which we discussed my experience and what I was looking for. A few days I was scheduled for On-site interview meeting with three different people each 30 minutes.

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee who gave me a generic PD to apply for. I was contacted by a recruiter within a week. The following week I had a 30 minute screening behavioral interview with my recruiter.
    I then waited for about a month for an in person interview. They brought in around 35 other candidates on the same day. I had three interviews that day.
    1. Technical interview with a senior consultant
    2. Behavioral interview with a partner
    3. Technical/behavioral interview with a manager from a different consulting line.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team if your peers on a project.   1 Answer
    • Which business line within human capital would you prefer to work in?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to present an idea to senior leadership.   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest differentiating strength?   1 Answer
    • What data analysis tools are you comfortable working with?   1 Answer

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Began with online application through my school career site and also through the Deloitte jobs site. Received an email of phone interview invitation, about a week later had two 30-minute phone interviews, one case one behavioral. Behavioral questions pretty standard, "tell me about a time when" type things. Make sure to follow up with both phone interviewers i.e. get their names and info, remember something about your conversation or their background so you can send a unique thank you note. Received a second email about a week later inviting me to Blitz round in Rosslyn office. Blitz consisted of two individual case interviews, a team case, a panel with former summer scholars, and a behavioral. Was really great to go meet the team and the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Second Blitz day case asked about how to manage a shift in a veterans health care organization from separate pay/patient info databases into one singular database   1 Answer
    • Team case asked about ABC agency and how to manage a bunch of different non-integrated offices around the world   2 Answers

PROJECT DELIVERY SENIOR ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter which went well. Follow up interview was scheduled the next week with two senior managers who met with me one at a time.

Interview Questions

• What three software tools are necessary for you to complete your job?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The Deloitte interviewing process was very streamlined and short. I received a request for a phone screen about one week after submitting my resume and interviewed in-person the following week. I had three rounds of one-on-one interviews with different individuals. The first round was a case interview. During the next two interviews I was asked to talk about different items on my resume and answer a few questions about my experience. The questions were very straightforward; there were no surprises or attempts to throw me off during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team.   1 Answer

Senior Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was by an HR rep working with the account team. Simple over the phone conversation asking me about my experiences and background. I was asked to come in for an in person round of interviews. 3 rounds on the same day. First with a manager. This was a case study. Very different and a bit overwhelming but if you have the experience in the field you should be able to nail it. Second round was with a senior manager / Director. Once again interview was focused on the role and the past experience. Third was with a Partner. Asked me a lot about the SDLC cycle and also Agile. At the end of it all if you know what to talk about and have a good background in the field, you should be able to get through it all.

Interview Questions

• How is the SDLC cycle different than Agile?   1 Answer

Federal Advisory - Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university (target school) there was a pre-reception the day before where i met with one of my interviewers and had a chance to ask him questions. The next day I had two behavioral interviews that were very relaxed, the focus was on the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Federal Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. Stressful, as is any process, but straightforward. I contacted a few Deloitte employees/alums that I had known from school/past experiences, and picked their brains a ton. When Deloitte was on campus, I felt prepared to ask the right questions. The first round interview was 30 mins case, 30 mins behavioral- both interviewers were authentic and smart and down-to-earth but incredibly professional. I heard back the next week on Friday by 5 oclock that I was invited to the Blitz day in Rosslyn, VA.

Blitz was exhausting but very exciting. They have buddies and escorts to answer all your questions and take you from room to room for various interviews (1 group, 2 case, 1 behavioral).

I heard back 12 days later and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about how you lead this team   1 Answer

Federal Advisory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I completed the advisory interview through the externship. It was very relaxed and only behavioral questions were asked. Overall, pretty straight forward. You talk to two people, one that is a higher up and the other that is a manager. The rest of the day, they have you talk to consultants that you are able to ask candid questions about working for Deloitte and their projects and responsibilities. Be sure to be personable and knowledgable about the company. The networking event is something that should be taken advantage of to meet a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• What is something that has happened recently in current events, that Deloitte would have seen as an opportunity in advisory? What is an example of a class or project in class that is related to Advisory?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

Ensure you understand Deloitte's practice, and possess the ability to demonstrate critical thinking. Google the interview process for tips and tricks. Deloitte is fairly transparent regarding interview process so it helps in preparing for success.