Deloitte Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.9

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Everything from application deadline to final round interview happened in 2 weeks. The first and final round interviews were a day apart. Very friendly interviewers. In hindsight, coming from a computer science background where I went wrong was that I was speaking too much of the technical side and less of the industry info.

Interview Questions

• Typical SDLC questions, mine were related to the planning phase mainly, how you go about gathering requirements etc.?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly unorganized...was lost in the shuffle once and they found my file a year later (same person)...tell you they have a process but it seems to be handled by offshore resources and many times they dropped the ball. Arriving at the office was also very unorganized...the people they told me I was interviewing changed a couple times and again when I arrived on site...they didn't know what floor I was supposed to go to, they didn't have a room...a couple senior people interviewed me although they were not with the practice I was being interviewed for ...one interviewer was very young and even point blank asked my age which is a no-no...in the end I was told I was very knowledgeable but did not seem excited enough about working for Deloitte...lol...ok whatever...I am sure that was not the real reason and that's fine as they approached me....very strange experience for a company with a fairly good reputation who is supposed to be a leader in the market...was not impressed

Interview Questions

• Typical interview stuff...they did have a situational interview which was not a big deal unless you really don't know what you are doing. Basically they present a problem or an engagement situation and ask you to outline an approach   Answer Question

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round is on-campus;two interviews, all behavioral. I was interviewed by people working in technology department. Before the second round, there was a pre-social in SF where you get to talk to your potential interviewers. Second round is an on-site office visit. Two behavioral interviews. After that, they took us to a nice restaurant for lunch.The second one is through phone. All are behavioral interviews. People are really nice. The experience is very pleasant.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Mix of case and resume/behavioral questions. Generally friendly people, i.e., no good/bad cop. Fast interview process with quick turnaround, though I was interviewing from an MBA Campus as part of their campus recruiting process

Technology Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round consisted of 4 interviews each of 15 mins. The second round was on-site in San Francisco where there were 2 interviews of 30 mins each. The third round was telephonic with a partner. All the interviews were behavioral. They all asked situation based questions - these questions tested your behavior in front of a client and your behavior in a team.
    Deloitte provided a networking event before the second interview where we could meet all other applicants that would be interviewing. After a brief presentation, a Deloitte "buddy" was assigned who took us around the office to different interview locations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what will you do if you are allotted a client that was particularly difficult?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was a campus hire. The first round interview was way more relaxing than I thought. The interview started with a pre-interview night social. I met my interviewer there. My interviewer for my first round interview was a partner from the San Francisco office (I am a student at the University of Utah, and I was applying for the San Francisco Office.), I was really surprised for that because typically, first round on campus interviews will only have staffs from local offices. The pre-night event really help with the "get to know you" process. After the pre-interview social, my interviewer and I know each other really well, and that made the actual interview really relaxing. The day after my on campus interview, I got an e-mail from the SF office and scheduled my in-office interview 3 weeks later.

They flied me to SF 3 weeks later. Typically the in-office interview, you have to talk to 2 professionals in their office. One is Director/Partner, the other one will be a manager/senior manager. Each of them is an half hour session. Before the actual interview, There was another pre-interview night social. I met the manager who's going to interview me, and we talked a lot and get to know each other. The second round interview is a little bit harder than I thought. The director I interviewed with asked me 2 behavioral based questions, and 1 ethics based question. After those questions, it was basically a Q&A session, and was pretty relaxing. The manager I interviewed with was like my age. He did asked me several behavioral based questions, but mostly, it was just chatting, and was pretty relaxing.

Interview Questions

• If some one on your engagement team member is consulting his friend about investment strategies for the company you are currently auditing, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What was your biggest fear after you move to San Francisco and started working here   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for audit associate position in SF office. applied through school career system. Get selected for the first-round interview. The interviewer being really nice. It is very conversational.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person on your team.   Answer Question

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds, the first of which consisted of two different interviews, one being a case interview and the other being a fit interview. In the second round, there was just one interview but with two interviewees. The first round case wasn't too bad, but the second round case felt a bit awkward as the interviewers did not really make the interview feel like a conversation and the case had a lot of math in succession which made it feel a bit awkward to keep working through that as the interviewers just sat and watched.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a significant challenge that you faced.   Answer Question

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school career center. i completed two rounds of OCR, then had 2 rounds on-site, following another phone interview with the partner. the process was very smooth. hr called to give the offer.

Deloitte Infrastructure ?? Never Gave Me A Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume/profile. I did not apply. I passed the recruiter screen by answering general questions, on cloud, complex implementations in general and gave some examples of my background on cloud, infrastructure and delivery but not "step by step build and deployment of a cloud infrastructure". I was told I was going to be referred for a "skills interview". I asked again, "for what position or type of position so I can indicate if it really is a good fit" and prepare. I was told that Deloitte did not offer specific positions, Deloitte "places based upon how Deloitte views your competency". I told recruiting ,I was interested in Deloitte due to their reputation but that I need more information for prep and to see if it is a good fit.

After several months, they contacted me again asking for the "status of the skills interview". I told the recruiter, nothing had been scheduled and thought the role had been filled due to lack of response. He recommended I send another email to a few people including him. 6-8 weeks later, I get a message that I am scheduled for 1 hour. I sent questions to the email asking for more info prior to the interview. No answer. I took the call because of curiosity and I asked the interviewer what I am being assessed for. His lack of expertise, leadership and interview skills showed. He answered with an overview of Deloitte and the vertical he supported and indicated the interview was 30 minutes not for the group or job I was being assessed for. He's a sr manager who has never built anything or a team and convinced Deloitte to take him as a Sr. Manager after leaving another firm as a developer. Good move but it showed.

For lack of time, we went forward. He continued to show his novice on how to interview an executive for executive placement as he was only concerned with configuration, script specifics, network topology specifics and design specifics and tried to call it a plan and strategy.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about your self, background and what you are currently doing.   1 Answer
    • Q. Describe your process and/or strategy for cloud?   1 Answer
    • Q. Process is who was the client, details about the configuration and people I spoke with.   1 Answer
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview San Francisco, CA Typical SDLC questions, mine were related to the planning phase mainly, how you go about gathering requirements etc.?
Deloitte Infrastructure Practice Interview San Francisco, CA Typical interview stuff...they did have a situational interview which was not a big deal unless you really don't know what you are doing. Basically they present a problem or an engagement situation and ask you to outline an approach
Deloitte Technology Risk Consultant Interview San Francisco, CA Tell me about your story
Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview San Francisco, CA Case question on a business problem.
Deloitte Technology Risk Advisory Interview San Francisco, CA Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what will you do if you are allotted a client that was particularly difficult?
Deloitte Audit Staff Interview San Francisco, CA If some one on your engagement team member is consulting his friend about investment strategies for the company you are currently auditing, what would you do?
Deloitte Audit Staff Interview San Francisco, CA What was your biggest fear after you move to San Francisco and started working here
Deloitte Audit Assistant Interview San Francisco, CA tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person on your team.
Deloitte Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview San Francisco, CA Q: Tell me about a significant challenge that you faced.
Deloitte Business Valuation Associate Interview San Francisco, CA why deloitte
Deloitte Deloitte Infrastructure ?? Never Gave Me A Position Interview San Francisco, CA Q. Tell me about your self, background and what you are currently doing.
Deloitte Deloitte Infrastructure ?? Never Gave Me A Position Interview San Francisco, CA Q. Describe your process and/or strategy for cloud?
Deloitte Deloitte Infrastructure ?? Never Gave Me A Position Interview San Francisco, CA Q. Process is who was the client, details about the configuration and people I spoke with.