Deloitte Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.2

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three rounds of interview. very straight forward. very nice and welcoming people. great culture.
    it wasn't like other case studies you see on the website. because it is a project controller practice not project management practice. overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• why Deloitte?
      how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions, pre-interview social then in office interview. Overall good learning experience, however I personally did not feel welcomed by the interviewer. The other staff and recruiters were welcoming and kind! Still a good company to apply at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus, and got the on-campus interview with a managers. I heard back about the second interviews after 1 week and interview with a director and a senior manager at SF office. I really enjoyed the office however I haven't heard back from them. So that I assume I didn't get it.

Tax Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

The first round was on campus, and the second round will be in the office. If we pass the first round, they will notify us of the information for the second interview. I was contacted 1 week after the first round that I got accepted to the second round. I flew to San Francisco office, and stay there for a night. All the people I met are friendly and welcoming, I would recommend to apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of behavioral questions like leadership and communication abilities as well as conflict management. It would be a good idea to review behavioral questions before attending the interview(s).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minutes interviews with two different partners. First met representatives from the company that comforted us before we started the interviews. The interviews were very friendly and not technical, only behaviorial.

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Everything from application deadline to final round interview happened in 2 weeks. The first and final round interviews were a day apart. Very friendly interviewers. In hindsight, coming from a computer science background where I went wrong was that I was speaking too much of the technical side and less of the industry info.

Interview Questions

• Typical SDLC questions, mine were related to the planning phase mainly, how you go about gathering requirements etc.?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief OCR interview. Applied online, got an email and shortly after scheduled an on campus interview. Met with two people going one at a time, one from the advisory line and one from the audit. Gave lots of background on their own experience at Deloitte as well as more technical information about their branches of service.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where things weren't going well and what did you do?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly unorganized...was lost in the shuffle once and they found my file a year later (same person)...tell you they have a process but it seems to be handled by offshore resources and many times they dropped the ball. Arriving at the office was also very unorganized...the people they told me I was interviewing changed a couple times and again when I arrived on site...they didn't know what floor I was supposed to go to, they didn't have a room...a couple senior people interviewed me although they were not with the practice I was being interviewed for ...one interviewer was very young and even point blank asked my age which is a no-no...in the end I was told I was very knowledgeable but did not seem excited enough about working for Deloitte...lol...ok whatever...I am sure that was not the real reason and that's fine as they approached me....very strange experience for a company with a fairly good reputation who is supposed to be a leader in the market...was not impressed

Interview Questions

• Typical interview stuff...they did have a situational interview which was not a big deal unless you really don't know what you are doing. Basically they present a problem or an engagement situation and ask you to outline an approach   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for audit associate position in SF office. applied through school career system. Get selected for the first-round interview. The interviewer being really nice. It is very conversational.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person on your team.   Answer Question

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds, the first of which consisted of two different interviews, one being a case interview and the other being a fit interview. In the second round, there was just one interview but with two interviewees. The first round case wasn't too bad, but the second round case felt a bit awkward as the interviewers did not really make the interview feel like a conversation and the case had a lot of math in succession which made it feel a bit awkward to keep working through that as the interviewers just sat and watched.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a significant challenge that you faced.   Answer Question