Deloitte Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.9

Envision Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two, 30 minute HireVue virtual interviews. Interviewers were very casual in their questions. I felt like it was more of a conversation, than an interview. I was asked about how I work on a team, where I want to take my future, and why I want to do tax. I had the opportunity to share what I knew about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do tax?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time where you had to coach a peer. What would you have done differently?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First was telephonic interview pure technical. Interview happened on Friday and got the response for next steps on Tuesday. I was called for next round of interview in San Francisco. There three rounds happened. 2 managerial/case studies kinda and 1 technical. They were quite easy if you have worked on your technology nicely. The whole process was very fast except for the offer and joining date. From the first call from HR and all four interviews everything happened in a week. But they informed me that i got selected after 1 week of the last interview and that too after followup. Offer letter also came after 10 days of my last interview and joining given was after 20 days. My interview went good and i was expecting Senior Consultant Role, but they gave Consultant about which i was very shocked and disappointed as i had already offer with Senior consultant role. But as company is good and also compensation and location provided suited me i decided to join Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• What are challenges you faced in your project and how did you overcome.   1 Answer
    • About work i have done from beginning and what roles i played   1 Answer
    • Any project i have handled of my own fully and such type questions   1 Answer
    • In technical i was given laptop and asked to do basic things..and questions asked were also basics.   1 Answer

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

three rounds of interview. very straight forward. very nice and welcoming people. great culture.
    it wasn't like other case studies you see on the website. because it is a project controller practice not project management practice. overall, very professional.

Interview Questions

• why Deloitte?
      how would you approach to diff situation, like, if you are in the middle of the project and you spend X amount, then the project is cut? or if you have an Ad hoc project. rest was behavioral and easy Excel questions about Vlookup, Pivot, filtering and conditional formatting, "datedif" function.
      2 Answers

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Behavioral interview only, no technical questions. Two rounds, one on campus and one at the Deloitte office. The second round is two interviews back to back with different people as well as an office tour. The interviewers were managers and directors but all very friendly.

Discovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Application process was fast and easy, only 2 thirty minute interviews at the San Francisco office, all in one day. My recruiter was super helpful and she guided me throughout the whole application process. She even referred me to a leadership program and a scholarship opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational interview. Asked primarily about my resume, academics, and extracurricular activities. No behavioral questions were asked and 10 minutes of the 30 minute interviews consisted of me asking questions.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via my career portal and was invited to an on-campus interview.
     First round interview was on campus with a manager. The interview consisted of him walking through my resume and was pretty conversational. The following week, I was invited to an Office interview in San Francisco.
    We had a pre-interview social the night before. Applicants were assigned "Buddies" who guided them through the process.The actual second interview consisted of two 30 minute back-to-back interviews. One with a senior manager and another with a partner. Both interviews were quite casual and conversational. The senior manager asked a few behavioral questions to see if the applicant has Deloitte's core competencies (Communication, leadership, problem solving, etc..) These competencies can be found on Deloitte's website. After the interviews, associates took us to lunch at a nearby restaurant. Overall, the interview experience was good and the professionals I met were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      Why Audit?
      Why Deloitte?
      Describe a time where you asked for feedback? (Question similiar to this)
      Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions, pre-interview social then in office interview. Overall good learning experience, however I personally did not feel welcomed by the interviewer. The other staff and recruiters were welcoming and kind! Still a good company to apply at.

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and at first did not disclose the company, but knew no commute was key. Got interviewed scheduled and had 3 meetings, 2 manager and a director and a tour of the facilities which were quite large. Within a week, they got back to me with an offer which I accepted. I was with them for eight years.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to described projects that I had to work on and the challenges and skills involved in executing the project.   Answer Question

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting, received invitation for a first round interview within 1-2 weeks. Had a case workshop a couple days before the interview; it is highly encouraged to go to this, not only do you learn valuable info on Deloitte's human capital practice and its interview process, you meet and network with practitioners and other candidates which can really help out during the process, especially if you make it to the final round. Was also assigned a 'buddy' who answers any questions you may have about the interview process.

Round 1 was two 30 min interviews with senior managers, 1 case and one behavioral. Received invite to Deloitte's Human Capital Blitz (final round interviews) less than a week later. They flew us down to LA (this year human capital blitz was in LA for west region offices) for the two day event, which consisted of a dinner with practitioners of all levels and the other candidates the first night, and the Blitz day: 1 case interview w/ a director, 1 behavioral interview w/ a senior manager, 1 group interview evaluated by 2 senior manager and a director, meals, and several presentations. Cases are all pretty similar, but make sure to know your human capital. Group case was toughest but perhaps most important; we were asked pretty in depth and pointed questions that tested our recommendations. Behavioral interviews are pretty standard ( ie resume walk-through, experiential questioning, etc), but the final round was a lot more conversational.

Overall the process was amazing and the people were incredible; Deloitte's HC is #1 for a reason. I really enjoyed talking to everyone I met and felt I really fit in, which I'm sure was a key factor in the final round, where fit and networking become essential.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your team would not have been successful and not have met its goals without your contributions/presence.   Answer Question

Summer Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting website and got an on campus interview. I interviewed with one partner in the school's career center and all the questions were mostly behavioral. I heard back about second round after three business days and was invited to an in-office interview with two other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What kind of role do you usually take in a team setting?   1 Answer