Deloitte Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds, the first of which consisted of two different interviews, one being a case interview and the other being a fit interview. In the second round, there was just one interview but with two interviewees. The first round case wasn't too bad, but the second round case felt a bit awkward as the interviewers did not really make the interview feel like a conversation and the case had a lot of math in succession which made it feel a bit awkward to keep working through that as the interviewers just sat and watched.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a significant challenge that you faced.   Answer Question

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school career center. i completed two rounds of OCR, then had 2 rounds on-site, following another phone interview with the partner. the process was very smooth. hr called to give the offer.

Deloitte Infrastructure ?? Never Gave Me A Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume/profile. I did not apply. I passed the recruiter screen by answering general questions, on cloud, complex implementations in general and gave some examples of my background on cloud, infrastructure and delivery but not "step by step build and deployment of a cloud infrastructure". I was told I was going to be referred for a "skills interview". I asked again, "for what position or type of position so I can indicate if it really is a good fit" and prepare. I was told that Deloitte did not offer specific positions, Deloitte "places based upon how Deloitte views your competency". I told recruiting ,I was interested in Deloitte due to their reputation but that I need more information for prep and to see if it is a good fit.

After several months, they contacted me again asking for the "status of the skills interview". I told the recruiter, nothing had been scheduled and thought the role had been filled due to lack of response. He recommended I send another email to a few people including him. 6-8 weeks later, I get a message that I am scheduled for 1 hour. I sent questions to the email asking for more info prior to the interview. No answer. I took the call because of curiosity and I asked the interviewer what I am being assessed for. His lack of expertise, leadership and interview skills showed. He answered with an overview of Deloitte and the vertical he supported and indicated the interview was 30 minutes not for the group or job I was being assessed for. He's a sr manager who has never built anything or a team and convinced Deloitte to take him as a Sr. Manager after leaving another firm as a developer. Good move but it showed.

For lack of time, we went forward. He continued to show his novice on how to interview an executive for executive placement as he was only concerned with configuration, script specifics, network topology specifics and design specifics and tried to call it a plan and strategy.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about your self, background and what you are currently doing.   1 Answer
    • Q. Describe your process and/or strategy for cloud?   1 Answer
    • Q. Process is who was the client, details about the configuration and people I spoke with.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Was referred for an open position. I was contacted very quickly. 2 different people contacted me over the phone. all asked almost the same questions. I got through the phone interviews, so they offered to fly me out and met me in person with a group of others.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational questions. Skills etc. Most of all, be personable.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, there was a telephonic screening interview followed by a tech screen.

The final round interviews were held onsite. There were three rounds - technical,core consulting skills assessment and a case study. The interviewers were friendly and made the interviews quite conversational. The case study round was interesting and it does require proper preparations. The first round for me was the core consulting skills assessment and the interviewer mostly asks you behavioral questions.

Entry Level Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through my law school's On Campus Interview process in July of last year. Did an On Campus Interview with two of their employees in August of last year. That interview focused on going over my resume. It was a generic OCI type interview. A few, but not many questions about my interest in Tax Law.

Throughout the year I would occasionally get e-mails from them asking me if I was still interested. I was and kept them appraised of any resume changes over the year.

They finally got around to scheduling call-back interviews in March. They left a phone message asking me to call them back to tell them what practice area I was interested in interviewing for. It took a few days of calling them back before I was able to speak to a live person. Ultimately, they scheduled me with an interview in my top choice of practice group.

Around this time they also started e-mailing a second e-mail address of mine asking me to fill out a website form with generic resume information, and also information on my race and sex. Curiously, during the interviews a couple of the interviewers admitted to not having read my resume ahead of time, so I'm not sure what the purpose of asking for the information through the website was.

The call-back interview finally occurred in April. It was originally scheduled to be about five hours. The day before the interview they announced that it would only be half of that length, and would start later in the day.

The interview consisted of three half hour one on one meetings with the office's partners or their assistants. Other applicants were being interviewed at the same time, so we rotated. These interviews were a mix of discussing resume items, and discussing interest in Tax. Pretty much the same as an OCI interview.

Afterwards they had the office's low level workers take us out for coffee at Starbucks.

They went radio silent after that point. Finally, they sent a generic rejection letter in May.

It was weird how the process went on for 10 months. The position would have been one where we would have started in August, so it would have been much more efficient for them to do the interviews in July or August of this year.

Interview Questions

• What other firms are you considering? How would you counsel a client about XYZ? What is your proudest accomplishment? Do you have a copy of your resume that I can look at?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews first, then they fly you to local office. For the onsite interview: Lunch with Staff first, about 2 hours. Then walk around the office. 2 round final interview, 1 with manager, 1 with PPD. It was a great experience. The people I met at the office was really nice. Learnt more about the company during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why Advisory? What does Consulting/Advisory mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was campus hire, can't negotiate salary

Envision Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Only a few people got an interview, and they are the people who went to the infosession and network with recruiters. Be sure to attend as many Deloitte campus events as possible because it really helps your chances. There are 2 rounds of interviews. First round is on campus. Second round is in office and a superday including breakfast to late lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

ERS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interviews with a recruiter/HR. Followed by 3 interviews back to back onsite. Onsite interviews included a Partners, director and a ERS Senior Manager. Partner focused on fit and overall Deloitte culture. Director and ERS Manager reviewed technical qualifications. Very positive experience and interaction. Interviews were a combination of technical, behavioral and overall fit.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews for the Human Capital sector of the Deloitte Nat. Leadership Conference.

1st round: 1 behavioral, 1 case
    2nd round (Blitz): 1 behavioral, 1 case, 1 group case

Overall a good experience. Recruiters and analysts alike were extremely friendly and considerate of all of the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Reliability in team settings, describe times you faced difficulties, approaches for when you didn't know how to handle a project.   Answer Question