Deloitte Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First round of internal was on campus. I was then invited to the local office for a second around of interview with the managers, and then had lunch with a group of potential peers.

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through their career page and got contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone call. I talked to a senior manager on the phone and he asked me a lot of behavioral and technical questions. At the end, he asked me to send him a writing sample and my unofficial transcript. After a week, I got invited to office interviews, which consisted of 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe the components of a transfer pricing study.   1 Answer
    • List the different transfer pricing methods and describe how you would choose the best one.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first and fly up to San Jose for the in house interviews. On campus interview was with a tax manager, interview was more of a conversation basis, and went very smoothly. In house interview was with three tax managers/senior managers, they barely asked me any questions, mostly I was asking them questions, so preparing insightful questions to ask the interviewers are crucial.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First was a phone screen with the HR and a hiring manager, followed by an onsite. There was a pre interview party at a hotel near the office, the night before the interview (So drink responsibly). On the onsite, there will be 2-3 rounds of interview, one in the phone and the other with either phone or with person (Depends on their availability). The interviews were well organized, and once its done they take you out for lunch.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Deloitte has a few "select schools" that they like to directly recruit from, and my school was not one of them. I proactively reached out to a recruiter and passed a brief phone screening. After a couple weeks, I phone interviewed with a manager from the office, and they invited me to a pre-interview social and into a "super day" all-day office interview.
    To be honest, every person that I met from the social to the interview were so friendly and positive. Even during the interview, I felt as if they genuinely cared about all of the candidates.
    It was definitely a pleasant experience and I accepted the offer!

Interview Questions

• Going over resume in detail; overall, it was very conversational and they want to get to know you as a person. Have confidence and bring your persona!   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. Staffs were very supportive, saying that the process was only to check your fit for the company. At the end I was advised that maybe there's a better fit for me at other department. It's like they really cared about students and Deloitte's culture. There would be a second round on site, also very conversational.

Associate (Audit) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round on-campus interview: very nice and casual. Had a good conversation about my internships and my perspectives of traveling and work at the big 4.

2nd round office visit: the firm paid for flights and hotels. I spent a night there for the social event and another day for office visit and interviews. 2 back to back interviews. Generally I feel the second round is a bit tougher for Deloitte. One of the interviewers seem to nitpick my answers but I understand that they're trying to differentiate us. So be prepared for tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of you dealing with difficult team members. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

Interview

First on campus interview lasted about 30 minutes, conversational. Then in house interview with a manager and a partner, each about 30 minutes, conversational and casual. Then we had lunch with the staff in a restaurant, everyone is super nice!

Interview Questions

• How do you balance extra curricular with school?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

First, I applied through my college in LA. Once I got accepted, I interviewed with a manager and a partner from the SJ on my campus. Then for my second round interviews, they flew me up to SJ. The interview was more behavioral than anything.

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 different interviewers, each asked similar questions which were primarily behavioral type questions. Bottom line was just trying to get to know my work, management style and problem solving strategies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging time you experienced with your client and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question