Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had a friend refer me. After talking to HR over the phone twice, I came in for an interview. I had 3 interviews - 2 were cases, and 1 was a personality interview. Each was 30 minutes. I got my offer the following day. Because the company is so massive and there was no org chart, I wasn't sure what group I was even in until after I started working there. It was fairly chaotic.

Interview Questions

• They made up a scenario about how a project might involve all the arms of the company (human capital, technology, tax and audit, etc) - trying to get you to "marshal the green dot." They want to know that you can do the work and also help build new business.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was unnecessarily lengthy and partly unprofessional. I was contacted by an experienced hire in their human capital - talent and transformation practice, and the initial phone screening went well. I was then scheduled a few weeks later for a technical interview with a senior manager. At the said interview time, the interviewer did not show up. About 20 minutes later, I contacted the recruiter and scheduler and they apologized stating the interviewer was on a client engagement and could not make it. That she could not alert the recruiter or scheduler (even 10 mins before the interview) to let them know she was tied up, yet could let them know she was unavailable when they reached her after I contacted them asking where she was, to me was unprofessional and a waste of my time.
    After going back and forth with the scheduler, I was finally rescheduled with another manager for the technical phone interview, which went well. Shortly thereafter I was invited to an in-office "interview day" held on specific Fridays of the month. Here's where another bottleneck occurred as scheduling the interview date was held up for months due to "business priorities". The recruiter indicated she had to get approval to schedule me though I was invited, however, she had not secured that approval due to several reasons including the priority of Fall recruiting of MBAs. This delay lasted a full 3-4 months. At some point early this year the recruiter and I were in touch again and she was open to scheduling me in the Feb-March timeframe to which I agreed. I was told the "level" at which I would be brought in if I was offered the job would only be determined after the final in-office interview. As an experienced hire with more than 10 years of experience, I was targeting a manager position.
    The interview day came and I thought I did pretty well, although I noticed one of the interviewers (manager level) kept asking me questions about a business I founded and was running. I clearly stated I would not be involved if I transitioned to FT employment with Deloitte but she pressed on it pretty hard anyway. Early the following week, the recruiter called to tell me they would not be offering me the job due to lack of depth in human capital specific experience. What surprised me was the fact that based on my resume, they could have made this assessment even before the technical interview but it was never a problem as I sailed through the interview process. To me, it was a royal waste of my time to have to go through such a lengthy and poorly managed process just to tell me that as the reason to not offer the job. Ironically, I later found out they were considering me for the senior consultant role as opposed to the manager role I wanted. I doubt I would have taken a sr consultant offer anyway, as it was not worth giving up my current employment and business to take on all that travel and hectic lifestyle.
    On the positive side, once they finally scheduled me for the interview this year, a consultant was assigned to assist with any questions and preparations and that individual was helpful. The recruiter was also professional and responsive, though she seemed to have her hands tied throughout most of the process until the end when approval was granted to move forward.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled a difficult team member?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Deloitte holds rounds of interviews at specific locations across the country twice a year. Applicants are called in droves to certain locations for interview. Very precise schedule. Mass hiring twice a year.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my plans re: career path   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited for 3 weeks to get initial call, and from then another 4 weeks to get an offer.

1st interview was with HR/recruiting team over the phone to go over background, willingness to travel, why want to move, etc. It lasted about 30 mins. The next day she informed that I would continue to the 2nd round.

2nd round was again over the phone with industry expert who was a senior manager. Lasted about 45 mins to again discuss about experience, area of strength and weakness and what your future plans. It was meant to be a technical round but I found nothing about technical in this session. The next day I was informed that they would send me to their office for 3rd round.

3rd round consisted of 3 back-to-back interview about technical, case interview and consulting fit with manager, senior manager and partner respectively. Even though they labelled each session, the reality was that they could mixed up questions. For example during technical case, I was also grilled on my presentation and "selling" skill. For the case interview, as long as you prepared yourself with the materials provided on their website you should be fine.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and well-organized. As a candidate, you need to be confident of what you are capable of, without being arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
      Experience of each project listed in your resume.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Invitation to second round interview communicated the same day of 1st interview (around 8 pm)
    1st interview: 30 min behavioral + 30 min case
    2nd interview: 90 min group case (discuss how to approach the problem as a group and then each person has an individual assignment. Do final recommendation as a group). After that, two 30 min cases interview with some behavioral.
    Offer announced a week after 2nd round.

Senior Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was by an HR rep working with the account team. Simple over the phone conversation asking me about my experiences and background. I was asked to come in for an in person round of interviews. 3 rounds on the same day. First with a manager. This was a case study. Very different and a bit overwhelming but if you have the experience in the field you should be able to nail it. Second round was with a senior manager / Director. Once again interview was focused on the role and the past experience. Third was with a Partner. Asked me a lot about the SDLC cycle and also Agile. At the end of it all if you know what to talk about and have a good background in the field, you should be able to get through it all.

Interview Questions

• How is the SDLC cycle different than Agile?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's onsite usually on a Friday. You have 3-4 interviews all back to back. They put you up at the Ritz Carlton which was nice. It was an easy walk to office.

It seems very laid back but do not assume you did well. I was astonished when I was told that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They give you about 5 minutes to give a proposal on how you handle an issue that a client is having.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The recruiter explained that the interview would be a three part interview, including a behavioral interview, a normal interview, and a case study. They sent a practice case study and other interview prep materials. The interview was exactly as described.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used your attention to detail and listening skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews: one case interview, and one behavioral interview. Candidates selected from the first round of interviews were invited for a second round of the same. The case interview was what I expected. The behavioral interview was really disappointing--the interviewer seemed unprepared and uncomfortable. On balance, the interview process seemed rather unstructured and highly subjective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make a decision in an ambiguous situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

They sat me down with two managers. Both were very friendly. The first manager did a traditional behavioral interview. He gave me an opportunity to ask lots of questions. The second manager had me do a fairly simple case study. We also had a good conversation as well. In the end I didn't get the second interview likely because there were some competitive candidates from ivy league schools there as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you add value to our team?   1 Answer