Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited for 3 weeks to get initial call, and from then another 4 weeks to get an offer.

1st interview was with HR/recruiting team over the phone to go over background, willingness to travel, why want to move, etc. It lasted about 30 mins. The next day she informed that I would continue to the 2nd round.

2nd round was again over the phone with industry expert who was a senior manager. Lasted about 45 mins to again discuss about experience, area of strength and weakness and what your future plans. It was meant to be a technical round but I found nothing about technical in this session. The next day I was informed that they would send me to their office for 3rd round.

3rd round consisted of 3 back-to-back interview about technical, case interview and consulting fit with manager, senior manager and partner respectively. Even though they labelled each session, the reality was that they could mixed up questions. For example during technical case, I was also grilled on my presentation and "selling" skill. For the case interview, as long as you prepared yourself with the materials provided on their website you should be fine.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and well-organized. As a candidate, you need to be confident of what you are capable of, without being arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
    Experience of each project listed in your resume.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Invitation to second round interview communicated the same day of 1st interview (around 8 pm)
    1st interview: 30 min behavioral + 30 min case
    2nd interview: 90 min group case (discuss how to approach the problem as a group and then each person has an individual assignment. Do final recommendation as a group). After that, two 30 min cases interview with some behavioral.
    Offer announced a week after 2nd round.

Senior Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was by an HR rep working with the account team. Simple over the phone conversation asking me about my experiences and background. I was asked to come in for an in person round of interviews. 3 rounds on the same day. First with a manager. This was a case study. Very different and a bit overwhelming but if you have the experience in the field you should be able to nail it. Second round was with a senior manager / Director. Once again interview was focused on the role and the past experience. Third was with a Partner. Asked me a lot about the SDLC cycle and also Agile. At the end of it all if you know what to talk about and have a good background in the field, you should be able to get through it all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It's onsite usually on a Friday. You have 3-4 interviews all back to back. They put you up at the Ritz Carlton which was nice. It was an easy walk to office.

It seems very laid back but do not assume you did well. I was astonished when I was told that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They give you about 5 minutes to give a proposal on how you handle an issue that a client is having.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The recruiter explained that the interview would be a three part interview, including a behavioral interview, a normal interview, and a case study. They sent a practice case study and other interview prep materials. The interview was exactly as described.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used your attention to detail and listening skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews: one case interview, and one behavioral interview. Candidates selected from the first round of interviews were invited for a second round of the same. The case interview was what I expected. The behavioral interview was really disappointing--the interviewer seemed unprepared and uncomfortable. On balance, the interview process seemed rather unstructured and highly subjective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make a decision in an ambiguous situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

They sat me down with two managers. Both were very friendly. The first manager did a traditional behavioral interview. He gave me an opportunity to ask lots of questions. The second manager had me do a fairly simple case study. We also had a good conversation as well. In the end I didn't get the second interview likely because there were some competitive candidates from ivy league schools there as well.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Had 2 rounds of interview with partners. It was pretty ok and the partners were friendly. The asked me about my previous experience. They were interested in why i wanted to work at Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Lengthy, but it was nice. lots of round at least 2 technical rounds. Waiting time between technical and HR round is lengthy. at least 2 telephonic rounds before gets a call for managerial round. Technical round is good. the questions are difficult and up to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Well coordinated and structured. Set the right expectations. Lasted an hour. Had a panel that asked very direct questions on past experience and future aspirations. Got confirmed over the phone and then an email after the right job fit was established.