Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

3.1

416 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview had 2 parts
1 with HR in which they asked about my background and experience working and handling teams
2 with a partner in which they asked about particular tasks that would have to be performed

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process at the big green dot is pretty extensive. I️ met a partner and discussed coming on board prior to kicking off the process. Then I️ was put in touch with the recruiter who scheduled my interview.

My interview was 2 hours total, and consisted of three 30 minute behavioral interviews with a consultant, manager, and senior manager; in addition to a 30 minute case study interview with a manager.

I️ felt my interviewers were welcoming and positive and asked good questions. I️ did a lot of intensive prep for the case study but it’s my experience they aren’t so much looking for a correct answer as they are the fact you can follow a process to get there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Friendly and well organized. I wasn't aware that my interviewers were 1) Senior Manager 2) Partner 3) Managing Director. All three made me feel invited to the firm during the interview process.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Technical Phone round - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Face to Face 3 round - (Behavioral, Technical, Case Study) - 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Project experience, challenges, difficult client situations etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process went as described. There was good communication, follow up and responsiveness from the recruitment team. All interviewers were professional, pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to resolve a problem for a client. What was the situation, what action did you take and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 6 interviews total. 3 interviews over the phone and 3 live interviews with Deloitte SME. It was an interesting but not complicated process. I am happy to join the company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had a friend refer me. After talking to HR over the phone twice, I came in for an interview. I had 3 interviews - 2 were cases, and 1 was a personality interview. Each was 30 minutes. I got my offer the following day. Because the company is so massive and there was no org chart, I wasn't sure what group I was even in until after I started working there. It was fairly chaotic.

Interview Questions

• They made up a scenario about how a project might involve all the arms of the company (human capital, technology, tax and audit, etc) - trying to get you to "marshal the green dot." They want to know that you can do the work and also help build new business.   1 Answer