Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.1

406 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process at the big green dot is pretty extensive. I️ met a partner and discussed coming on board prior to kicking off the process. Then I️ was put in touch with the recruiter who scheduled my interview.

My interview was 2 hours total, and consisted of three 30 minute behavioral interviews with a consultant, manager, and senior manager; in addition to a 30 minute case study interview with a manager.

I️ felt my interviewers were welcoming and positive and asked good questions. I️ did a lot of intensive prep for the case study but it’s my experience they aren’t so much looking for a correct answer as they are the fact you can follow a process to get there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an interview request 2 days after applying. Job posting said "Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience" so I applied with extensive experience(over 10 years) and no degree. Recruiter reviewed both my resume and LinkedIn profile(I have LinkedIn Premium so I can see who reviews my profile). and reached out to schedule a phone interview. Then about 20 minutes before the interview canceled for lack of degree. It's very misleading for a company to post that they'll accept experience over degree if that's not the case. Also, these things should be confirmed prior to scheduling interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were fairly casual about the hiring process, but when asked a question the hiring manager seemed inflexible. Specifically, I asked them about why I was only being considered for what would equate to a lateral move when there were other positions I was qualified to be considered. They drove ahead with offering me a lateral move. I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle situations where you are stressed?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Technical Phone round - 45 mins to 1 hour
    Face to Face 3 round - (Behavioral, Technical, Case Study) - 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• Project experience, challenges, difficult client situations etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process went as described. There was good communication, follow up and responsiveness from the recruitment team. All interviewers were professional, pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to resolve a problem for a client. What was the situation, what action did you take and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 6 interviews total. 3 interviews over the phone and 3 live interviews with Deloitte SME. It was an interesting but not complicated process. I am happy to join the company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had a friend refer me. After talking to HR over the phone twice, I came in for an interview. I had 3 interviews - 2 were cases, and 1 was a personality interview. Each was 30 minutes. I got my offer the following day. Because the company is so massive and there was no org chart, I wasn't sure what group I was even in until after I started working there. It was fairly chaotic.

Interview Questions

• They made up a scenario about how a project might involve all the arms of the company (human capital, technology, tax and audit, etc) - trying to get you to "marshal the green dot." They want to know that you can do the work and also help build new business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was unnecessarily lengthy and partly unprofessional. I was contacted by an experienced hire in their human capital - talent and transformation practice, and the initial phone screening went well. I was then scheduled a few weeks later for a technical interview with a senior manager. At the said interview time, the interviewer did not show up. About 20 minutes later, I contacted the recruiter and scheduler and they apologized stating the interviewer was on a client engagement and could not make it. That she could not alert the recruiter or scheduler (even 10 mins before the interview) to let them know she was tied up, yet could let them know she was unavailable when they reached her after I contacted them asking where she was, to me was unprofessional and a waste of my time.
    After going back and forth with the scheduler, I was finally rescheduled with another manager for the technical phone interview, which went well. Shortly thereafter I was invited to an in-office "interview day" held on specific Fridays of the month. Here's where another bottleneck occurred as scheduling the interview date was held up for months due to "business priorities". The recruiter indicated she had to get approval to schedule me though I was invited, however, she had not secured that approval due to several reasons including the priority of Fall recruiting of MBAs. This delay lasted a full 3-4 months. At some point early this year the recruiter and I were in touch again and she was open to scheduling me in the Feb-March timeframe to which I agreed. I was told the "level" at which I would be brought in if I was offered the job would only be determined after the final in-office interview. As an experienced hire with more than 10 years of experience, I was targeting a manager position.
    The interview day came and I thought I did pretty well, although I noticed one of the interviewers (manager level) kept asking me questions about a business I founded and was running. I clearly stated I would not be involved if I transitioned to FT employment with Deloitte but she pressed on it pretty hard anyway. Early the following week, the recruiter called to tell me they would not be offering me the job due to lack of depth in human capital specific experience. What surprised me was the fact that based on my resume, they could have made this assessment even before the technical interview but it was never a problem as I sailed through the interview process. To me, it was a royal waste of my time to have to go through such a lengthy and poorly managed process just to tell me that as the reason to not offer the job. Ironically, I later found out they were considering me for the senior consultant role as opposed to the manager role I wanted. I doubt I would have taken a sr consultant offer anyway, as it was not worth giving up my current employment and business to take on all that travel and hectic lifestyle.
    On the positive side, once they finally scheduled me for the interview this year, a consultant was assigned to assist with any questions and preparations and that individual was helpful. The recruiter was also professional and responsive, though she seemed to have her hands tied throughout most of the process until the end when approval was granted to move forward.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled a difficult team member?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Deloitte holds rounds of interviews at specific locations across the country twice a year. Applicants are called in droves to certain locations for interview. Very precise schedule. Mass hiring twice a year.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my plans re: career path   2 Answers