Deloitte Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.1

406 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Informal phone interview - current experience, salary expectations etc
2. First stage interview with manager - intense hour long interview where lots of detailed questions were asked
3. Called back for second stage interview and assessment centre. Got an hour to prepare for a presentation, received an 8 page brief and had to do about 5 slides. Presented to a senior manager and he asked some questions. Senior manager then interviewed for 45 mins was quite intense. He then went and spoke to the director who then came in to interview for another 45 mins. Was more relaxed but still some probing questions.

Took quite a while to contact me as they were struggling for internal approvals so doubt it would take as long usually.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 8 rounds. Looked like the recruitment team lacked coordination among them. So, the whole process took close to a month and Got selected after 5 technical, 1 English and 1 Senior Manager and 1 HR round. All interviewers were trying to prove that they were better than me, not sure what their intention was. Pretty long process and you will get tiered of it. HR said, the salary will be best in the industry, but do not take for it granted. It all depends on whether it is a project requirement or general requirement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No place for negotiation if it is a general requirement. But, if it is a project requirement you can demand

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Tough but fair. You put something on your resume, you will be grilled on it. If you fake it, you will get caught early. You need to show that you can interface with all levels and types of clients. Personality is just as big as skills and experience. You could be really smart but fail completely because you are awkward to deal with on a personal level.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

1.Technical round- most difficult - Pure technical by an expert.
    2. Management round- not so difficult- but it also last for an hour or so and would like to know how you delivered in earlier assignment. but these are the questions for what you already did, they were not so difficult unless if its old and you almost forgot things.
    3. HR discussions- not much. they usually provide best in industry so no major discussions on salary.

Interview Questions

• why you want to leave after spending quite a long time with current employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiations.. they given what i asked for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2009.

Interview

Process was the best I experienced through my entire career. you can tell that Deloitte invests A LOT to retain and capture talent. They really apply themselves in recruiting activities, processes and events.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

seamless

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in March 2008.

Interview

Case interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Successfully negotiated slight increase to signing bonus (with competing offer). Salary package is overall standard.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2008.

Interview

Do your homework! There were about four interviews and the last one turned out to be a grilling on the "Deloitte" way of consulting. In other words, they'll give you a scenario and ask what your approach to solving the client's problem would be but what they are REALLY asking for is how Deloitte approaches the solution. Unless, you have a friend already in the company or you were once a client, you will have no idea what this approach is. To add insult to injury, i had specifically asked the recruiter if this would be a technical interview and I was told that it wasn't only to find out that it was. Not that any preparation I would have done would have helped since I had no insiders to tip me off. They sell themselves as really positive and employee-friendly but for the most part the interviewers were curt and quite unfriendly in some cases almost to the point of being rude.

Interview Questions

• You have a client who wants to start up at a new location. How would you approach the development of this "new company"   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview

Deloitte is very comprehensive. Phone interviews with Consultants. 3 in person itnerviews with a case study question (1 hour). Extensive Background Check. Salary Check you name it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you conduct a research for the position you are applying for and the area you will be working in. The info is out there you just need to find it! If you know your numbers you will be able to get what your worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews: 2 Phone screens, 3 in-person interviews in Deloitte's Chicago office.

1. HR Round - Just a chit chat about background and whether a suitable fit for the role in question. Lasted about 20 minutes.

2. Technical Round - Yet another chit chat round, more or less focusing on overall technical background and work experience. Lasted about 20 minutes.

3. Focus Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a specialist leader, who will grill on the core technical questions and check if we are a good fit.

4. Behavioral Interview - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by a senior executive like a partner who asks questions on soft skills, expectations from company, the usual behavioral questions. They see if you are culturally a good fit for Deloitte.

5. Case Study - 45 minutes, in-person - Conducted by yet another senior manager. My experience wasn't that great in this round as the interviewer was too reluctant and rushed to be done with it. He basically read out the case study from his laptop and won't let me access the problem statement or case review throughout the interview. I had to go on whatever I could remember from his first reading.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the business blueprint stage of an SAP implementation project?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Technical Round followed by Versant Round and finally Manager Round.
    Technical Round for SAP Skills.
    Versant Test for business english.
    Manager Round - In which candidate is tested whether he/she is fir for deloitte or not.